Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

I think you're trying to upset Thehulkster! :giggle:

Yeah sorry Hulkster, I just thought I'd let everone know as it seems something isn't working somewhere. I mean if my dealer handn't located the one on the docks, it looks like I wouldn't have got one at all, or at least in black with manual.

One thing I don't really get is that from what I can gather (correct me if I'm wrong) there's no real way of proving you have one of the limited edition Blacklines. Can't all the extra stuff be specced on to a normal vRS?

It would be nice to have at least something to show it's a Blackline.

The Sat Nav.

The Amundsen isn't an option on the Octavia, only the Columbus so in theory any vRS with Amundsen is a Blackline.

The leather and black alloys are both available on the regular vRS.

This is why a 50p boot badge or an equally priced numbered plaque like on the LE would have been a nice touch.

Sorry, yes the vRS.

Although the Amundsen isn't a factory option on any Octavia, it somes as standard on some but can't be specced over the Columbus for example.

Edited by silver1011

Sorry, yes the vRS.

Although the Amundsen isn't a factory option on any Octavia, it somes as standard on some but can't be specced over the Columbus for example.

The none black line diesel 11 plate the dealer gave me to test drive had an Amundsen unit.

Mines due Into the dealer (Slacks in Boro) on Monday, delayed allegedly because of the floods last week!!

So collection on Wednesday, with a Fiscon plus fitted for BT, done by the dealer as part of my deal.

Any one have any pics of a race blue one??

Yeah sorry Hulkster, I just thought I'd let everone know as it seems something isn't working somewhere. I mean if my dealer handn't located the one on the docks, it looks like I wouldn't have got one at all, or at least in black with manual.

I agree buddy. But although I would like to phone SUK, I'm not sure if it would really do any good? Also, winding the dealer up before I actually get my car may cause me problems if I have to deal with them again in the event of any faults on the car.

In terms of trying to get some freebies out of the situation, I'm not sure what I could get as the deal is so good and the car comes with mats as standard and I'm getting the 3 years free servicing.

Everytime I speak to the dealer, they seem genuine that they want me in the car ASAP. I think truth be told, I ordered so early that I was probably forgot about when the allocation process began in earnest. I think I was probably genuinely one of the first to sit down, put my money where my mouth was, and hand over a £500 deposit for a Blackline. Good luck to all the guys on here who are going to work tomorrow in the new VRS. I should have been one of them. But what can I realistically do now?

Edited by Thehulkster
  • Like 1

Mines due Into the dealer (Slacks in Boro) on Monday, delayed allegedly because of the floods last week!!

So collection on Wednesday, with a Fiscon plus fitted for BT, done by the dealer as part of my deal.

Any one have any pics of a race blue one??

You have been told by Slacks yours is ready Wednesday?!? What date did you order it buddy?

The none black line diesel 11 plate the dealer gave me to test drive had an Amundsen unit.

There's plenty of vrs' with the Amundsen+ unit, they fit them whenever they run out of boleros.

Strange, it's not listed in the brochure on the options list so to get it in a vRS would mean a dealer retrofit.

The Bolero shortage was late last year, unless they've run out again...

I thought it might have been the indicator of a Blackline ;) Didn't know about the windows though? Not seen that advertised.

Looking at the brochure and standard equip on vrs is tinted glass....but if it said privacy glass from b pilar back then i would expect that?

Edited by sly200sx

Yeah forgot to say the steering wheel badge is upside down,

So a unique way of identifying a Blackline.

and the windows aren't tinted as advertised. Both being rectified in due course by the dealership :p

Your joking right? The tinted glass is standard on the VRs. Is it that noticeable? Interested to know if yours is an odd one out.

Yeah forgot to say the steering wheel badge is upside down, and the windows aren't tinted as advertised. Both being rectified in due course by the dealership :p

Yeah I hope that doesn't mean they're all gonna show up without tinted glass.