Has anyone been given a delivery date for the Blackline Octavia VRS?

Dealer got 2 white ones delivered today, one of which is mine. Went for a preview look for delivery Saturday. I'm still not convinced about the wheels. Seems to be too much going on with white car, black wheels, red calipers, & green centre caps. I hope I like it better when its cleaned up, if not I can see the wheels being swapped for the regular alloys.

We will see on Saturday.

Dunno about sheerness, i assumed it was Grimsby. Anyway i could call SUK but i dont have an order number, just a yellow order form and a finance agreement.

Oh right. You chased your dealer for the order number. I got mine only after 3 days from ordering the car....

Sheerness covers the South not sure how north you have to be before it'll be Grimsby.

Edited by flyingzard

Dunno about sheerness, i assumed it was Grimsby. Anyway i could call SUK but i dont have an order number, just a yellow order form and a finance agreement.

You don't need an order number, they can find out just with your name and address

You don't need an order number, they can find out just with your name and address

Ok just called them the now.. Said it left yesterday on the boat.. :blush:

I then asked how long from now then till i get it and he said 5 or 6 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!

I'm guessing thats a bit severe but dont imagine it would take that long..

Ok just called them the now.. Said it left yesterday on the boat.. :blush:

I then asked how long from now then till i get it and he said 5 or 6 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS!

I'm guessing thats a bit severe but dont imagine it would take that long..

if it left on the boat yesterday, I would be expecting in about 10 working days or less. I got mine last week and it was within 10 days from when it left on the boat.

I'm curious to know why you say your dealer is losing interest. Certainly my dealer doesn't seem to be very pro-active in chasing.

I asked about the poss arrival, the warranty the bluetooth issue and about checking wheel alignment. He said wheel alignment wasn't part of the PDI and warranty was too detailed to email but covered the normal stuff but not wear and tear. He didn't know about the Bluetooth, having said previously that they would fit a 'Parrot', which would be compatible with my phone He said that he would contact me next when the car arrives in Sheerness. I expected a little more information but perhaps the dealers are also becoming fed up with the delays especially as version 3 is about to be launched!

I'm curious to know why you say your dealer is losing interest. Certainly my dealer doesn't seem to be very pro-active in chasing.

The cars will have missed their Dealers main September targets no probably no rush now as far as they are concerned.

I asked about the poss arrival, the warranty the bluetooth issue and about checking wheel alignment. He said wheel alignment wasn't part of the PDI and warranty was too detailed to email but covered the normal stuff but not wear and tear. He didn't know about the Bluetooth, having said previously that they would fit a 'Parrot', which would be compatible with my phone He said that he would contact me next when the car arrives in Sheerness. I expected a little more information but perhaps the dealers are also becoming fed up with the delays especially as version 3 is about to be launched!

Bluetooth is covered, no parrot required just VCDS and a mic.

Most dealers don't have an alignment rig and usually send them out to another place. My local dealer checked and corrected any issues with alignment on mine and my brothers new vrs's before we picked the cars up. My dealer has the hunter alignment equipment.

I've ended up with a blue hatchback with DSG as these were only hatches still available

they are hoping that it will be with my before the end of the month - apparently it's sat waiting to be loaded onto a boat at the moment.

Interesting, I ordered the blue DSG on Monday and the dealer said I'd have it in two weeks - hope he's right.

Been waiting a long time for the dealer to track down a 2nd-hand DSG VRS hatch - the DSG plus lowish budget and desire for fairly low mileage meant there weren't many around. Got a call last week to say they had one in so went for a drive. Was disappointed in the spec (base-model VRS), especially as wasn't cheap so asked about the deal on the Blackline. Then spent a few days persuading Mrs RP that 1) the spec, no-VAT and finance offers meant it was a great deal, 2) it's more economical to run that she might think, 3) chrome twin exhausts don't mean I'm having a mid-life crisis (although maybe I am) and 4) we could afford it. So, having promised to make sandwiches instead of buying lunch for the next few years, I went in on Monday and signed all the papers.

Interesting to read the posts about getting Bluetooth to work on the Amundsen. Although I am reasonably handy I 'm nervous about taking the dash of a brand new car to bits (and again Mrs RP would have something to say about this) so I'll follow-up the suggestion of someone in Southampton who can do it for a reasonable price. I've been driving a few hire cars recently with BT media streaming and that with Spotify mobile on the phone makes a great combination.

(Excuse getting off-topic, but one of the hire cars I've had was an automatic Pug 508 - how can anyone put a gearboox that bad into a car and ask money for it, in full auto the car almost comes to a stop on every upshift and the only way to avoid multiple whiplash is to use it in semi-auto mode and feather the accelerator just right on each shift.)

Edited by RedPete
  • Like 1

I have the Blue Hatchback DSG Blackline (ordered through choice :hi: as I prefer the colour and its my first ever Skoda / VRS), I've had it almost a week now and its an absolute joy to drive, the colour is really nice in the flesh with its metallic tint. with the blackline extras, the interior spec of the car is impressive and the amount of compliments I've recieved from suprised passengers (not strangers off the street! but colleagues coming to off-site meetings) is nice. The blackline compares favourably to a lot of higher marque cars in my opinion. I love it. And I will not be returning to a manual having fallen in love with the DSG box on my shiny new VRS.

• Like 1

plus I hoping someone close to Northwest (happy to drive) will be able to enable BT / fit mic for a reasonable price as theres no way I'm hacking my car - I've no clue with these things

I have the Blue Hatchback DSG Blackline (ordered through choice :hi: as I prefer the colour and its my first ever Skoda / VRS), I've had it almost a week now and its an absolute joy to drive, the colour is really nice in the flesh with its metallic tint. with the blackline extras, the interior spec of the car is impressive and the amount of compliments I've recieved from suprised passengers (not strangers off the street! but colleagues coming to off-site meetings) is nice. The blackline compares favourably to a lot of higher marque cars in my opinion. I love it. And I will not be returning to a manual having fallen in love with the DSG box on my shiny new VRS.

Agree... Other that the dsg bit, as I am on a manual.

I am also in the NW so interested in any local installer that could add a Mic and enable the unit.

Check out the pictures I put on gallery. A new shipment just arrived at grimsby last weekend. Mine is amongst them. Picking up on Friday.

Is that MY Blue Hatch? :)

Dealer just 'phoned - awaiting manifest - should be with him tomorrow & with ME on Monday ;)

On LifeSHINE - Dealer tried to sell it (& GAP ins) - £900 !!

I ordered the LS kit from the link below on Monday - arrived yesterday SEALED, COMPLETE (£45+£12.99 Courier!) & I'll do it myself - not able to register the warranty though - Hey Ho

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251161696821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_718wt_1397

Just need my Car & a dry day - too much to ask ??

Is that MY Blue Hatch? :)

Dealer just 'phoned - awaiting manifest - should be with him tomorrow & with ME on Monday ;)

On LifeSHINE - Dealer tried to sell it (& GAP ins) - £900 !!

I ordered the LS kit from the link below on Monday - arrived yesterday SEALED, COMPLETE (£45+£12.99 Courier!) & I'll do it myself - not able to register the warranty though - Hey Ho

http://www.ebay.co.u...8#ht_718wt_1397

Just need my Car & a dry day - too much to ask ??

That is interesting. I was going to get some Collinite stuff and also do it myself rather than pay out. I was quoted Diamondbrite for £299 and GAP insurance for £299 or both at the special offer price of £498. However on the ALA site a 3 year GAP cover would be about £110, based on the invoice price (but I haven't read the small print). I would think that the Collinite bits would be similar to the Lifeshine deal (Autoglymm) referred to, giving a total cost of £155, which represents a significant saving.

My car is in Grimsby apparantly!

Diamnondbrite is the biggest rip off ever. I'll be taking my car to have an enhancement detail and ceramic wax coat applying. Its not cheap but it is guaranteed for 5 years

I'm hoping mines is parked in the same place yours is. My dealer is on the QT for some reason at the mo. Prob fed up with my emailing him lol.

I bought Dimondbtite off ebay for a couple of quid, not sure if its any good or not. My car is white and its most unrewarding shinewise

My car is in Grimsby apparantly!

Diamnondbrite is the biggest rip off ever. I'll be taking my car to have an enhancement detail and ceramic wax coat applying. Its not cheap but it is guaranteed for 5 years

Shame it's in Donny. I'd almost do 500 miles getting there. Anybody know of anyone similar based in the south?

where about in the south are you?

This is the list of detailingworld supporters. One of them will probably offer the same service

SOUTH

Name: Auto Finesse

Tel : 08446 93 13 93

Area:Hertfordshire/Essex/London

Name: Brazo

Tel Contact:07734458933

Area:Wiltshire/Gloucestershire/Berkshine

Name: DetailMyCar

Tel Contact:07920 867771

Area: West Berkshire & surrounding areas.

Name: Envy Valeting

Tel Contact: 07787160462

Area:Hampshire/Sussex/Surrey/Nationwide/Abroad

Name: Gleams

Contact Tel: 07878 932511

Email: [email protected]

Area: Guilford and surrounding areas

Name: invisibletouchdetailing

Tel : 07876 166 077

Area: West Sussex / Throughout UK

Name: JMDetailing (Morty)

Contact Tel: 07825 160285

Area: Berkshire and surrounding areas

Name: Johnnyopolis

Tel Contact: 07885 550540

Area:Hants/Berks/Surrey/London

Name: Kelly @ KDS

Tel Contact: 07815049575 /01634581560

Area:Kent/South East

Name: *MAGIC* - Valet Magic

Contact Tel:01344 891891 / 07817 922095

Area:Surrey,Berkshire.

Zaino Approved Detailer

Name: Miles Better Detailing

Tel Contact: 07766 504344

Area: Hampshire,Wiltshire,Berkshire,Surrey

Name: Prestige Detail

Tele: 07544804427

Web: www.prestigedetail.co.uk

Area: Covering Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, London and beyond.

Name: Professional Car Detailing (ProCarDetailing)

Tel Contact: 07710 797166

Email Address: [email protected]

Location: Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, London and Channel Islands

Name: Refined Detail

Tel Contact: 07930 732 839

Area: Sussex /Surrey / Hampshire / Kent / Buckinghamshire / Berkshire

Name:RefinedDetails

RefinedDetails

Tel : 07701029083

Area: South East - Bucks, Beds, Berks, Cambs, Hampshire, Herts, Oxon, Northants, Surrey and beyond...

Name: Simply Clean Detailing

Contact Tel:07931849725

Area:East Sussex

Name: Chris_Z4

Tel Contact: 07834 818722

Area: Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Devon, Avon and Somerset

• Like 2