According to a survey I read somewhere on the net, Superb drivers are over 50 years old.

Well I am here to shatter that myth as I am only 49. So there! :smirk:

I see your 49 and raise you, or lower you to 32. 33 this month though

32 eh. When I was 32 I owned the worst car I have ever known. A Renault 21. That car was a nightmare. So lucky you.

You would think that the way people refer to my new car that I got a free pair of brown cords and a knitted cardigan. It is magnetic brown with brown leather, but I am no old fuddy duddy and my tendency to refuse to be a grumpy old fart is seriously being tested.

A Mercedes driving badge snob at work has asked 'How are you getting on with your LADA?' I said very defensively 'it is not a LADA, it's a SKODA' 'Same thing he replies'

Cheeky bu**er!

My family refer to my brown car as 'the big jobbie'....NOT FUNNY :@

For anyone who knows me that is reading this....I LOVE MY BIG BROWN ......Superb :love: Get over it. :rofl:

I guess all you engineers love the way the Superb is put together so much you do all your own maintenance and repairs ??LOL

I am a sofware engineer who works with around 200 engineers in one of the biggest engineering companies in Europe...Does that count? :wonder:

Question: How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: Software engineers don't change light bulbs. It's a hardware problem!

(Sorry Smiffy, couldn't resist it :rofl: )

Baptist Pastor in my early 50's - any other pastors / vicars / ministers / priests driving a Superb?

Haven't always been a Pastor - was a graduate research scientist in molecular genetics until my early 30's.

Engineer joke:

Board of major engineering company change their corporate logo and need a new flag to fly outside Head Office.

Rope on flag pole is a bit 'ropey', so they decide to get new rope to go with the new flag, but don't know how much to get.

One director says " I know, let's measure the shadow , and work out the height from that."

Another says " Why don't we take a bearing with a sextant (they were nautical engineers) - could we not work it out from that.?"

Engineer walks past, asks what they're doing, and says "No problem, I'll get you the information you need". He then takes the locking pin out of the base of the flagpole, and tilts it down until it is horizontal. He then uses a surveyors tape, and gives the measurement to the CEO.

Turning to the other board members, CEO shakes his head and announces "Typical engineer! Ask him for the height and he gives you the length!"

Answer: Software engineers don't change light bulbs. It's a hardware problem!

Alternative answer: Most software engineers do not need light bulbs as the sun is always shining out of their arse.

Some of the ones that I know anyways. But not me cos I own a Skoda instead of a Scirroco or an Audi TT :angel:

Baptist Pastor in my early 50's - any other pastors / vicars / ministers / priests driving a Superb?

Haven't always been a Pastor - was a graduate research scientist in molecular genetics until my early 30's.

Maximum, maximum respect. I'm a Christian, deeply interested in apologetics and the faith/science interface, and I hate it when simpletons like Dawkins, Dennett and Harris lampoon us as anti-science, anti-reason and anti-progress. You are the living proof that they are talking bo***cks.

I'm a Christian, deeply interested in apologetics and the faith/science interface, and I hate it when simpletons like Dawkins, Dennett and Harris lampoon us as anti-science, anti-reason and anti-progress.

When these guys start to ride the anti-progress hobby-horse, they simply reveal how little they actually know of the history of the last 300 years. Straw men and red herrings abound, whilst remaining either blind or willfully ignorant of the progress that came from Christians in both the sciences and social change. It is too convenient for folks to create a false dichotomy between faith and reason. They both have their place, and I never struggled, through more than 10 years in the sciences, to see them co-reside, and indeed, co-respect. Guys like William Lane Craig and John Lennox can give clearly reasoned arguments for Christian faith, whilst at the same time interacting with science with real intellectual honesty.

Hi Ned

The voltage V in volts (V) is equal to the current I in amps (A) times the resistance R in ohms (?): (V = I x R)

As used by us old engineers!!!