iPhone 5 or Next iPhone...

Fabia_19

Thought I'd throw this in as it's an interesting read: http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-19557497

I'd agree with that blog also.

I had a 3GS which I liked but decided at upgrade time to go for a Sony Xperia S for my first experience of android. And I have to say, although android isn't as polished as iOS I do far more with the new phone than I every did with the iPhone.

Still can't knock Apple as a business, they have developed a following that seems happy to fork out premium prices every time they release a new product and that has made them the worlds most valuable company.

Maybe "iShares" would be the best place to put my £500!

I ordered a Nokia 6310 off eBay for £45 earlier.

I'm going to test it for a week. If I can live with it and remember how epic it was when I first had one, then my smartphone is going up for sale.

I really can't justify £500 every 2 years for an iPhone/Android/etc whatever or £35+ per month contracts when all I do is text and ring people.

I never "need" data when I'm out and about. I'm usually driving, or have access to superfast broadband everywhere I am (Work/Home). When I'm at home I have a laptop or my PC.

Looking forward to my new purchase and 10+ day standby times.

• Like 1

I ordered a Nokia 6310 off eBay for £45 earlier.

I'm going to test it for a week. If I can live with it and remember how epic it was when I first had one, then my smartphone is going up for sale.

I really can't justify £500 every 2 years for an iPhone/Android/etc whatever or £35+ per month contracts when all I do is text and ring people.

I never "need" data when I'm out and about. I'm usually driving, or have access to superfast broadband everywhere I am (Work/Home). When I'm at home I have a laptop or my PC.

Looking forward to my new purchase and 10+ day standby times.

I hear you :rofl:

I have 6310i I use when I am traveling in the UK or abroad, 10 years old and still superb. Battery last 5 to 7 days (still the ORIGINAL battery), bluetooth connecting to my "hands free" in the car in seconds, NEVER OUT of reception, MADE IN GERMANY...the best thing after the sliced bread :rofl:

I have a £15 sim-only. Recycling my 2 yr 3 month old iPhone 4 for £160, and buying the new one whilst in the states for about ~£460. £300 to upgrade for 2 years isn't too bad if you ask me. But it all boils down to just how much your phone means to you and how you like to spend your money.

Hey, I love my car. But I won't spend £600 on a new turbo, £200 on some new headlights, etc. etc. etc. every 2 years when they aren't really needed! Just a priority thing...

(And that's a lie, I would if I could justify it :devil: )

I read with huge interest Steve Jobs autobiography and the guy have to be admired for his vision and personal strong belief that he is right.

No doubt Steve would have been a success with or without Apple. Out of interest have you read Steve Wozniak's biography? Now there's a guy I like.

Changing the connector HAD to happen though. Whenever it does happen people are not going to be happy. They just have to suck it up. As long as the adapters are priced correctly it will be fine - however, I imagine they will be a rip off and THAT is the bit that will annoy people!

You say it is 'Pretty Disappointing', but, what did we expect? There hasn't been any real innovation in the phone market for the last few years now. It has all been bigger and faster mombo-jumbo!

Re innovation -

Actually I'm finding nfc to be really good and useful. Tag in the car that turns on all the settings for use in the car, and another at the front door that turns bluetooth off and wifi on etc. That's good innovation. Surprised apple didn't include it to be honest.

The way my phone dials a contact when I lift it to my ear is also good, not earth shattering but you just get so used to it that it feels odd if you use any other phone that doesn't do it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by domhnall

NFC is one of those big things that has been discussed for years - but the only mass use for it I can see is Oyster cards on the tube... But maybe if I had it I would feel differently!

Dialling when you lift to your ear is also a good feature - maybe they don't advertise this sort of thing enough? Siri also activates if you put it to your ear, so you can tell your phone what to do - but nobody knows about it!

Edited by Oli3000

Those 30 pin dock connectors to 'lightning' converters are listed at $29....... Going to cost a fortune for people to make everything compatible! Let's hope that China get some cheap equivalents released ASAP!

Edit: And £25 in the UK!

Edited by Oli3000

Well you will only need one converter no matter how many accessories you have as you can only use one at a time. Give it a week or two and they'll be on ebay for a fiver.

Well, I want THREE of the converters.

One for home, one for the static caravan in Dorset, and one to carry with my iPad.

Having one for home & the caravan means I never need to 'remember' to take it with me down Dorset. ;)

I need one for the iPad too because I have a Zettle device, that allows me to receive debit and credit card payments from people if they owe me money and 'don't have cash'

https://www.izettle.com/gb

• Like 1

No doubt Steve would have been a success with or without Apple. Out of interest have you read Steve Wozniak's biography? Now there's a guy I like.

No I haven't, but now after you mention it I will :D

That izettle thing looks great. But seems they dont work with Visa?

Well it says "FOR NOW" I believe that this imply that they are working for more card providers to join. This izettle looks like a really nice service. I am wondering how long before they roll one for Android as well?