More road noise since fitting Lowering springs

No

In that case, if there isn't any, I'd suggest that possibly it's the harder springs (higher spring rate to cope with less travel) which means they're better at transmitting the vibrations and noise you get from the road surface.

That plus you're 30mm closer to the source of the noise ;)

Edited by cheezemonkhai

What tyres are you running these days Chris?

You will get more noise transmitted through a lower setup (basic reasoning: shorter and stiffer spring, less distance for NVH to be filtered out, therefore transmitted into the chassis). It could also the manufacture of the PI Sport springs which I'm not familiar with. Could be worth having a ride out with someone local on Eibach springs and standard dampers to do a comparison just on the different springs.

I've found 80-90% of any road noise issue will be down to the tyres though. But in this case because you've not noted an issue before the springs were fitted, it's probably not going to be the cause in this case.

Thanks for the advice fellas

I'll take the spacers off i think and see what bdifference it makes

I might speak to Artur at ABC too

Alan..If you can hear diesel clatter inside my car...Think again.....its your teeth chattering...I'll turn the heat on for you !! :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Correct

Alignment done initially .....Artur wasnt happy with it..so asked me to go back

Next day done again after spacers fitted

Set up for a sport setting

How does it sound now?

If its suspension noise then it must be something missed but since instaled 30mm spacers I could bet its down to wind and road noise.

Each car create wind tunnel and any discurbance in it will create noise. Same thing happen when you have roof rack installed or if you stick your hand out of window. Same thing with wheels and tyres. Most of cars have wheels slighly hidden in wheel arches. That way wind just smoothly touch against your wheel. If you stick your wheel our 30mm that create different route for wind that will run thru rim and thread of tyre and create resistance. Each resistance - more noise...

Tyre rubber makes noise but mostly the thread is responsible for it, because of wind running thru them.

Simples... :giggle:

• Like 1