What have you discovered?

MickA

The rear wiper doesn't work (even though the front ones are on) when you first start and reverse the car. After that if you do a forward then a reverse action it does come on automatically when the fronts are in operation.

I usually reverse off my drive and find it never works for me on first start up. I have to manually switch them on.

Mick

Edited by MickA

The rear wiper doesn't work (even though the front ones are on) when you first start and reverse the car. After that if you do a forward then a reverse action it does come on automatically when the fronts are in operation.

I usually reverse off my drive and find it never works for me on first start up. I have to manually switch them on.

Mick

That's wierd. I reverse out of the parking spot every morning and the rear wiper works just fine.

Your weight could perhaps explain something. At around 75kg I'm not shaking the car that much either, but I can clearly feel it moving when my much larger brother enters.

How much larger is your brother?

On Saturday i am giving my mate a lift to a party, his is almost 30 stones, i'm a little worried it may be a bit much for my little car!

How much larger is your brother?

On Saturday i am giving my mate a lift to a party, his is almost 30 stones, I'm a little worried it may be a bit much for my little car!

Not sure but probably 100-120kg. The little engine has no problem carrying the two of us but I do feel a little pull to his side. It's not much but it's there.

30 stones is 190kg? That's one big guy.

Edited by Rothbard
  • Like 1

You can really feel the drain on the performance after going from running on fumes to having a fuel tank of petrol then picking up 3 friends (so 4 people all around 6ft) :p

Not sure but probably 100-120kg. The little engine has no problem carrying the two of us but I do feel a little pull to his side. It's not much but it's there.

30 stones is 190kg? What's one big guy.

Yep, he's a big guy alright.

I used to have a mark one Fabia Vrs and i gave him a lift. The figure hugging sports seats were not figure hugging after he got out, the were splayed open!

• Like 1

You can really feel the drain on the performance after going from running on fumes to having a fuel tank of petrol then picking up 3 friends (so 4 people all around 6ft)

I noticed this when I filled up from an empty tank last night and thought I'd got a tank of dodgy fuel - was the good 97 stuff too! Feels like I've suddenly got boot load of bricks... Should I expect the performance to come back before this tank is out?

Too many times have I had a tank of fuel that doesn't seem quite right - especially on my motorbike. For a long time now I have stuck to Shell and have never experienced a problem. Have had more problems with Tescos than anybody else. I know some people say its all the same suppliers but it ain't the same storage tanks.

Too many times have I had a tank of fuel that doesn't seem quite right - especially on my motorbike. For a long time now I have stuck to Shell and have never experienced a problem. Have had more problems with Tescos than anybody else. I know some people say its all the same suppliers but it ain't the same storage tanks.

I usually fill up at Asda, have always done with most of my cars and never had a problem.

On my monthly shopping trip Sainsburys were offering 5p off per ltr so I filled up there. I must say on this tank of fuel the Citigo doesn't feel as lively as it did on the previous fuel (Asda) I've always used from new. Back to Asda I think.

Mick

I was surprised to find that there is a lot more air from the right and left side window ventilation vents when the rotary dash control is set to air down than there is when set to de mist and down.

You can't change the steering wheel easily for another Skoda one as the airbag connector seems to be different to all the other models.

Shame, I was hoping to lose the three spoke for a nice leather four spoke. :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you pull up at a filling station and the engine stops with the "stop start". You can fill up the petrol tank and watch the fuel gauge go up ! Very satisfying.

Because the ignition is still switched on and the key is still in the vehicle?

The interior lights come on when you open the boot, but you still can't see a darned thing in there.

Mick

So in theory, it should be possible to run a feed from the interior lights to the boot and install one of the superskoda LED jobbies.

I presume there would be no canbus issues as it is interior lighting?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tsi Fly

So in theory, it should be possible to run a feed from the interior lights to the boot and install one of the superskoda LED jobbies.

I presume there would be no canbus issues as it is interior lighting?

Maybe a stick on led battery powered light might do the job, batteries seem to last for yonks with led.

• 2 years later...

I discovered there isn't a "door open" lamp on the dashboard. The only way to notice is that the interior light doesn't go out, provided you have it on the setting to be on only when the doors are open. Otherwise, there isn't a way, even for the boot.

As already mentioned, the interior light comes on when the boot is opened, so there is a sensor even on this door, but no light in the boot - or the glove compartment.

There isn't a lamp on the dash to tell you the headlights are on (except full beam). Now, this does sound basic, but in fact, with the "day lights" (which are a brighter version of the side lights), it can be difficult to know. Tip: the lights around the heater controls (above the radio) come on when the side or headlights are on (but not day lights).

The backlighting on the dashboard (e.g. figures on speed dial etc.) match the outside daylight: in other words, if you can't see the figures, it's time to switch on the headlights. I thought it was a fault until I drove through a forest during the day and it was backlit only in gaps between trees. It's not just a simple on/off - this is a full dimmer situation!

As well as the two drinks holders, the door wells are moulded to take a 330ml drinks can or a 500ml bottle on its side (top towards the rear of the car) - be aware they won't hold an open can without spilling!

When I collected the car, the dealer told me I would leave the parcel shelf up many times just like everyone else does, and I did, although I now almost always remember to put it down again. My worst trick is to leave it up after emptying the car of lots of shopping, then noticing when I set off the next day!

I use the two clips for parking tickets: the windscreen clip for pay & display and the photo/note clip (such an absurd thing!) for holding a barrier ticket - it's very useful for that, and very prominent so I remember to take it with me and pay on foot. Similarly, when driving from the parking space to the exit barrier, it keeps the ticket handy.

The wipers have already been mentioned: when stopped, fast becomes slow and slow becomes intermittent (no change if already on intermittent). Realistically, you're going to need the rear wiper on if it's raining, it just doesn't clear enough without it.

Like others here, I thought the water spilling off the roof was just me: it tends to happen as I open the door (since the car is already slightly sloped, due to the camber of the road surface (driver's door nearest the kerb), the additional weight of the door causes the water on the roof to pour towards me, but typically spills on the seat - not pleasant!

The windows seem to mist to some degree: don't leave the air on recycled for more than about ten mins, or you'll start to mist, but the air con clears this very rapidly - just remember to put the air intake back to external as well. Even with the air not being recycled, misting can be a slight problem. I'm wondering about using a glass cleaner with anti-fogging. Rain-X on the outside has helped visibility a lot.

I too received a car without a safety feature on the reverse gear, despite this being introduced prior to the manufacture (but not ordering) of my car - I'm currently in dispute with the dealership about it.

Edited by ColinT1970

I like the way the internal dash side air vents appear to have 360 rotation without stopping, but if you turn slowly you will find you hit 2 grooves that stops the vent in the best window clearing position and passenger ventilation position! Easily missed if you spin them fast!

THANK YOU!

I hadn't previously noticed this, nor is it mentioned in the handbook.

I forgot to add in the list of things I'd discovered that there's a "cold well" in the centre of the car - change gear on a cold morning, and you'll feel it, even when you're warmed up yourself, and the heaters are still blowing on full. Turn the heaters down and you feel it within a minute or so and need to turn them back on again!

• Like 1

If you have the PID it displays if the doors are open, also if you're able to drive around in the dark not realising you've not turned your lights on.. well I don't know because everything on the dash and consoles aren't illuminated until the lights are on, personally I tend to ignore the fact I have DRL's on and use my headlights where ever appropriate

• Like 1