Pick up the new car tommorrow! :)

Hyeung

Not as long a wait as previously expected.

Anyways, it's here and will be collecting her tommorrow - Elegance TDI140 4x4 DSG in Cappuccino Gobi - Columbus+PAssist+TPM

Any last minute advice at collection?

Make sure the garage set it to the servicing schedule you want as apparently they all come on fixed now ! I noticed as I was filling up and drove it back for them to change it.

Check to see if they give you both keys joined up without telling you, if they do seperate them and put one in your pocket. Unknown to me both mine were joined and were in the car when it locked itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the fixed interval anyways? 10k or 1yr whichever comes first?

Is there any recommendation/guidelines on the servicing schedule setup of fixed or variable from new?

I.e should one stick with fixed until the first service and then thereafter switch it to variable?

Which should you choose?

Ask if it has the latest maps and firmware in the Columbus. Version 9 was released a few weeks ago and you need at least version 7.2 plus a late firmware to get the full 7 digit postcode search facility, otherwise you are stuck with 5 digit which is what is commonly used on the continent. Fixed servicing is 10k miles 1yr like you say. General concensus is that if you are doing lowish mileage i.e. less than 10k/yr then stick with fixed, if doing more mileage especially long runs on motorways etc then variable should be better.

Ian

Regarding Columbus, as my car was recently built, wouldn't it most likely have the latest firmware 9 anyways? Or atleast 7.2 or higher.

If I have a lower version, are you suggesting that the dealer will have access to the latest firmware for updating. Is this a free update on request?

I get the inpressiob that the sale guys aren't very clued up on such things.

recomendations for variable are more than 25 miles a day and steady driving not lots of stop start

if that fits your driving pattern then ask about variable service, if you are only going to doo 10k year and it comes with 30k servicing then you might as well leave it, if you are going to do 15-20k/year then vairiable service is for you

variable service uses sensors to estimate oil quality / life and extends service interval upto 18-20k miles

Got the car now!

I did ask and was told it was setup as variable.

However, having recently checked the service book, it's doesn't mention. Some mentioned it should have a Qs code to indicate if its fixed or variable.

Can you check via the onboard controls if the servicing is setup as variable? I.e maxdot

Ask if it has the latest maps and firmware in the Columbus. Version 9 was released a few weeks ago and you need at least version 7.2 plus a late firmware to get the full 7 digit postcode search facility,

Hi Countryboy,

My Yeti was delivered a couple of weeks ago, direct from Simpsons of Preston - which is Skoda UK. My Columbus is definitely out of date. New roads which have been built nearly a year ago - Columbus shows me driving across fields for several miles! I have been trying to establish when Version 9 mapping was to be released but could not find out. As has been said before, the dealers don't seem to have any idea. Where/how did you find out that version 9 was released some weeks ago? The manual says you can find the version (page 30) - "setup - versioninfo - Map version DVD" - a 4 digit code is diplayed which is the version - more details from your Skoda Service Partner. I must admit I have not checked that yet, but my guess is that it not as simple as saying Version 8...

Peter

I have a Amundsen. Dealer service manager said updates were about every 3 years

I am happy having a built in system but in this day and age i would expect updates at least 4 times a year

I have to accept it will not happen

Further to my previous post - You can't find the mapping version as I described - I have just sat in the car to try. Because you do not get a DVD now, there is no setup version available as it is all on the HDD...

Peter

Struggled to to find any version too?

I've got lots to read in relation to manuals etc.

But I'm concerned if I have missing items, can someone please confirm?

1) are you suppose to get a key without remote? I only got 2 keys with remote?

2) are you suppose to get a serial codes to reorder new set of remote keys? Or is this held against your vin car on skoda system, so no need?

3) As mentioned in the manual about warning triangle and first kit, again are these suppose to be supplied?

Thanks....

Hung

In laymans terms....... Bull****... He he , had this same response when I took my Leon to the local dealer for a radio code, so I just did it myself from a vas machine at work. Btw 1234 is not a default number, I was just trying to explain the pattern of how I write the radio code down.

If you have an sko number that relates to the radio, then they can get the radio code on line and tell you it over the phone, chances are, they won't so it's a case of taking your car in plugging it into the vas machine and then getting the radio code. No more than a 10 min job.

If you have an sko number that relates to the radio, then they can get the radio code on line and tell you it over the phone, chances are, they won't so it's a case of taking your car in plugging it into the vas machine and then getting the radio code. No more than a 10 min job.

Sorry, but can you explain what the two highlighted things are, please?