Octavia III Photos - no disguise

People actively the skoda seats?

Have you ever driven a Saab or BMW with sports seats?

The VAG seats are not something I'd be saying are awesome.

Not the worst, but not certainly not the best by a long way.

I'd love a proper pair of fully adjustable recaro seats for the front. So much more comfortable, but then they should be at that price.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Like 1

Not really accurate, shadows are wrong (left rear tyre) and back right pillar is wrong.

All in all, having looked at all the photos in this thread it has some rather serious resemblance to A4 in my eyes.

Skoda price tag and quality with Audi'esque looks - liking it :)

The A4 is too tight inside for many of us. I chose an Octy 2 scout over the same vintage A4 quattro for interior space and boot space.

Between the A4 being too small and the A6 being too expensive new and terrible engines used (2.5 v6 petrol which uses more fuel than a rangerover or 2.7 v6 diesel which eats cams and drinks fuel) they had nothing.

The Octy 2 and possibly the octy 3 will fill this niche perfectly for me. A good honest car without rubbish like electric handbrakes and drug dealer wheels and lots of room inside.

The A4 is too tight inside for many of us. I chose an Octy 2 scout over the same vintage A4 quattro for interior space and boot space.

Between the A4 being too small and the A6 being too expensive new and terrible engines used (2.5 v6 petrol which uses more fuel than a rangerover or 2.7 v6 diesel which eats cams and drinks fuel) they had nothing.

The Octy 2 and possibly the octy 3 will fill this niche perfectly for me. A good honest car without rubbish like electric handbrakes and drug dealer wheels and lots of room inside.

I have a horrible feeling they will try and capitalise on the success and popularity of the octy 2 scout and therefore price the octy 3 scout too high. Hope not as it is seriously on my short list for next cars. If emmsions were below 160 for the octy 2 with dsg i would have considered one this time round.

The presence of the Superb Alldrive and the Passat Alltrack is the real redherring there. Hopefully they'll set the price ceiling the Octy has to come in below.

But the size of the new Octy (possibly perfect for my next car) puts a real big question mark over the superb and where it's headed next.

It looks a very handsome car but Skoda are getting quite "rich" with their prices now and I bet this will be £20K plus for a nicely specced one. Out of my league at the moment :(

They will have to be careful - they can't go too high as people will just buy VW or Audi with their better residuals. For anyone who has bought an Octavia 2 like me in the last 4 years its going to be a big price increase due to the VAT offer which has been running non-stop. This offer has also affected residuals of the current Octavia as I'm finding out. They will also have to end the VAT offer on the Superb as it will be cheaper probably than Octavia - this will cause Superb sales to crash.

I think there has to be something in the bag for the superb at the same time. Skoda wouldn't be putting this much secret squirrel crap out for just one model. Especially when the VW/Audi/Seat versions are already out.