What other car do you own ?

Wife has a Corsa C - she's not into cars lol! I've only got the Vrs just now but here's some toys I used to have :

Mk1 Golf with G60 transplant - 190bhp

post-9186-0-71086900-1355748034_thumb.jpg

post-9186-0-33269800-1355748049_thumb.jpg

Mk3 Golf Vr6

post-9186-0-35548900-1355747740_thumb.jpg

post-9186-0-05744900-1355747759_thumb.jpg

Zx6r

post-9186-0-54668200-1355747840_thumb.jpg

post-9186-0-10840300-1355747856_thumb.jpg

Zx12r

post-9186-0-96589500-1355747880_thumb.jpg

post-9186-0-58043100-1355747903_thumb.jpg

Also had 2004 Leon Cupra R and Ibiza tdi both of which were heavily modified!

I'm a Nissan man at heart so had lots off sports cars ie R34 skyline, spec R s15 Silvia. Iv also had others like an mr2 turbo , Honda Integra type R and a starlet turbo too. I'd also a few Nissan pulsars and an almera Gti.

At the moment iv a 98 Nissan pulsar Vzr (173bhp) with only 56k km on it :)

Our 07 vrs diesel is used as a daily mostly.

My other car is a BMW M135i, I bought it a couple of months ago. I am really impressed with the car, it can 'pootle' around when needed, but press the throttle and it becomes a VERY rapid car!

It wasn't cheap, but, compared to some cars of the performance it was a 'bargin', the base price was good, but once you start adding a few 'essential' options the cost soon mounts up.

A rough overview of my car is 3 litre turbo petrol, rwd, 8 speed zf sport auto, full leather, sports brakes, adaptive sports suspension, xenon lights, upgraded HK sound, DAB radio, full back panel display, electric memory seats.

I could have had way more options, but, that would have took the car's cost to silly money.

Thought you may also like to see a video review of a M135i v an RS3. 20 minutes long, but quite enjoyable.

Thanks for reading and or watching......

Great video, worth a watch but nothing I wasn't expecting to be honest. (In terms of the Audi, understeer, numb driving and old feel inside)

Your Beemer looks like a right bargain up against the RS3.

My 2nd car is not so good... 55 plate Civic 1.6 vtec :p (bloody hate the thing!)

• Like 1

Der 1998 Steyr Daimler Puch Van

Automatic with Recaro seats.

With the rear diff lock locked is very good for "drifting" in a grass field or in a snow packed car park.

Doubles up as a garden shed/ kennel while sat parked.

An appreciating "classic"

Great video, worth a watch but nothing I wasn't expecting to be honest. (In terms of the Audi, understeer, numb driving and old feel inside)

Your Beemer looks like a right bargain up against the RS3.

My 2nd car is not so good... 55 plate Civic 1.6 vtec :p (bloody hate the thing!)

+1 on the Audi. Never liked em since one driver tried to knock me off my VFR Honda- The Audi ended up in a ditch :rofl:

+1 on the civic. test drove the 1.4 before I bought my previous Octy and the civic was dire- Hard figity ride, no space, finish was awful and it had an engine you had to thrash :thumbdown:

+1 on the Audi. Never liked em since one driver tried to knock me off my VFR Honda- The Audi ended up in a ditch :rofl:

+1 on the civic. test drove the 1.4 before I bought my previous Octy and the civic was dire- Hard figity ride, no space, finish was awful and it had an engine you had to thrash :thumbdown:

Well Audi's do tend to attact a certain type of breed.... Me excluded of course :D (had an 8P 2.0TDI sport prior to my Fabia)

The CIvic has only 23k on the clock and only about 6k since we were given it 2 years ago..... Gonna sell it and buy something else as it really is that bad IMO!

Well Audi's do tend to attact a certain type of breed.... Me excluded of course :D (had an 8P 2.0TDI sport prior to my Fabia)

The CIvic has only 23k on the clock and only about 6k since we were given it 2 years ago..... Gonna sell it and buy something else as it really is that bad IMO!

So its Audi and BMW we have to avoid now?? Basically any marque that is more "prestige" and better than ours is a w---k--s car?

At least my next short list is getting shorter. Seems the poorer the brand of car you own = the bigger your moral high horse is.

Dacia owners must be right smug moral crusading barstewards.

No dig at you Jars as you have owned a car from the dark side but this audi / BMW bashing is getting flogged to death. Quick there the bandwagon coming, jump on.

As for other poster who had an incident on his bike with an audi, why would you not buy one because some idiot who happened to be in one had an altercation with you? I only ask out of curiosity as i have had several idiot drivers in various cars almost hit me on my bikes over the years but i wouldnt strike their make of car of my wishlist because of this as its hardly the manufacturers fault.

So its Audi and BMW we have to avoid now?? Basically any marque that is more "prestige" and better than ours is a w---k--s car?

At least my next short list is getting shorter. Seems the poorer the brand of car you own = the bigger your moral high horse is.

Dacia owners must be right smug moral crusading barstewards.

No dig at you Jars as you have owned a car from the dark side but this audi / BMW bashing is getting flogged to death. Quick there the bandwagon coming, jump on.

As for other poster who had an incident on his bike with an audi, why would you not buy one because some idiot who happened to be in one had an altercation with you? I only ask out of curiosity as i have had several idiot drivers in various cars almost hit me on my bikes over the years but i wouldnt strike their make of car of my wishlist because of this as its hardly the manufacturers fault.

Bandwagon duly jumped on :p

Yes, I have tarred most Audi drivers with the same brush, but not without cause, and I'm sure you do the same with other things in life?! (Stereotyping, using that brush etc)

Anyway, I'm sure this thread was about people's 2nd car.... Care to add a worthwhile contribution?!?! (If you haven't alread... Your post above doesn't count :D )

Bandwagon duly jumped on :p

Yes, I have tarred most Audi drivers with the same brush, but not without cause, and I'm sure you do the same with other things in life?! (Stereotyping, using that brush etc)

Anyway, I'm sure this thread was about people's 2nd car.... Care to add a worthwhile contribution?!?! (If you haven't alread... Your post above doesn't count :D )

Oops, you should maybe have read the entire thread, i was on ages ago. I did have a valid point though as to why the other poster hated Audis due to his motorbike incident as i was genuinly curious. Nevermind though eh. :kiss:

I've driven (and owned) many brands of vehicle and have no great loyalty to any (except Land Rover ;) ). My experience of Audi was summed up by an unknown contributor to another forum: Audi, great for impressing the neighbours when it's parked on the drive but badly let down when it comes to driver enjoyment or dynamics. BMW - the butt of many people's jokes. Mine was great to drive (quickly), but horrible at lower speeds or round town. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon and each to their own with their choice of vehicle, I think that the current vRS is a jack-of-all-trades. It may not excel at any one thing, but it's quite good at many - ideal family car maybe?

Oops, you should maybe have read the entire thread, i was on ages ago. I did have a valid point though as to why the other poster hated Audis due to his motorbike incident as i was genuinly curious. Nevermind though eh. :kiss:

I did and should have checked again before I posted my reply.... Oops (sorry fella :) )

I still stand by my comment about Audi's attracting certain business men type who think they're better than the rest and drive accordingly, whether you agree or not, sorry!

This is probably because they are succesful at work hence can afford a good car. Doesnt mean all audi / bmw driver are arrogant to55ers though. My mate has a classic quattro and its stunning. Doesnt make him a to55er though. I know someone else with the previous generation RS4, likewise its a cracking car and actually a good drivers car despite some thinking audis arent, same goes for R8.

A lot of car stereo types stem from jealousy i think. Not saying you are but these poor stereotypes about to55ers cars all tend to be about good cars that are more expensive than the ones owned by the people making the accusations.

Anyway back on topic. As well as my old defender and our Rav 4 we have a 07 plate shogun. Great car but in my opinion too agricultural for daily use and the MPG is tragic. Still love to drive it though just thankfull i dont pay for the fuel bills. Once its a bit older i can see it being a good contender as my landy replacement although breaking it off trees might be more than i can take plus being an elegance model all the elecronic bits will fly off on the fist outing probably.

• Like 1

Alfa 75 twinspark last if the true Alfas before fiat took over. (Rwd transaxle with LSD and a proper alfa engine)

A 147 jtdm - run around to the shops.

And my most recent purchase a colnago road bike which is probably as expensive as either of the above!

Bit of an Italian theme going on there ;)

• Like 1

Bikes are good, just make sure you post up a pic !! I have one also

bike-2.jpg

Here you are........

S-Works with Hope & SRAM

8291288221_4e2ce911a5_b.jpg

Roberts steel 531 Designer Select frame with Campagnolo throughout.

8291288699_cbed22f7e9_b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD