Octavia vRS

Skoda_Octavia_III_RS_2013_nova_unik_konfigurator_03_800_600.jpg

Hmm, why are there pictures of a fabia in this one? Something fishy about these pics.

EDIT - sorry, should have read the article...

'Its revelation Skoda deserve again, or at least not directly, and probably not intentionally. In Slovak online configurator model Fabia is possible under certain circumstances also get shown the new Octavia RS. We do not know exactly how, now it seems not possible, screen captures showing the appearance of the new Eres attach any case.'

• Like 1

I'd certainly consider it. It depends whether we move house what car I get next I think. If I start taking the train to work I'd like a 997. If I did have to keep driving to work, I might still go for a superb estate over one of these as my air struts will swap right over from the octavia.

If I did have one of these and those were really the standard wheels, they'd be coming straight off. As would the black strip on the door.

I actually now think its most likely going to end up with the 220 and 181ps TSi and TDi engines, they just wont offer any factory power or mechanical upgrades to ensure the MK7 GTi maintains its edge. It'll be way cheaper than the Golf though so who cares. Defo no 4wd though would make the Skoda prohibitively expensive.

I'd certainly consider it. It depends whether we move house what car I get next I think. If I start taking the train to work I'd like a 997. If I did have to keep driving to work, I might still go for a superb estate over one of these as my air struts will swap right over from the octavia.

If I did have one of these and those were really the standard wheels, they'd be coming straight off. As would the black strip on the door.

I agree with the wheels, the strip almost looks like the ones the Audi S lines get that kick out a little bit? Maybe colour code them?

But a Superb would also be very nice!! 4x4?

Overall looks a decent upgrade on the MKII, though as Nick says the wheels are a bit naff. No doubt it'll be more expensive too if what was said on what car today's correct (prices start £2k higher than the outgoing but spec is better). I'll have to stick with mine for now...... It's bigger too apparently so not sure if I'd want anything larger as my BL is a tight fit in my garage now with only about 25mm either side - unless folding mirrors are standard!

looks really nice if thats a real piccie..wheels aside that is..hopefully there will be options! its a big car they might offer 19's like the audis

the longer wheelbase makes the car look better proportioned I think

I hope they keep 18" wheels. The car needs to ride well and I'd prefer stiffer dampers and deeper tyres to softer suspension and elastic bands around the rims.

Hopefully the car won't be too big - to me, the appeal of the car is that it has the big boot and cabin whilst not being as unwieldy as a Mondeo/Insignia/Passat.

Steve

I loved my vRS tdi however it couldn't put all that torque to good use in the wet; I have a yeti now and although its the 140 dsg, it leaves many cars behind at the lights as it launches away without drama. If the new vRS had 4x4 then I'd put my name on one for sure!

I loved my vRS tdi however it couldn't put all that torque to good use in the wet; I have a yeti now and although its the 140 dsg, it leaves many cars behind at the lights as it launches away without drama. If the new vRS had 4x4 then I'd put my name on one for sure!

Exactly the reason why I'll probably miss out on the VRS and await the arrival of the Scout. :-)

Same here. Had three vRS models and got through the bad winters of 2009 and 2010 with them without incident but enjoy now having the reassurance of 4wd on the Yeti.

Dream car would always be a vRS TDi 4x4 ... come on Skoda.

I hope they keep 18" wheels. The car needs to ride well and I'd prefer stiffer dampers and deeper tyres to softer suspension and elastic bands around the rims.

Hopefully the car won't be too big - to me, the appeal of the car is that it has the big boot and cabin whilst not being as unwieldy as a Mondeo/Insignia/Passat.

Steve

I don't quite understand that - you would get a better ride on 17" (with deeper tyres) - I have just changed my 18's for 17's and the ride is head and shoulders above what it was (I live in a bumpy place) and quieter too. Therefore I would want a 17" option on the new one..

• Like 1

I don't quite understand that - you would get a better ride on 17" (with deeper tyres) - I have just changed my 18's for 17's and the ride is head and shoulders above what it was (I live in a bumpy place) and quieter too. Therefore I would want a 17" option on the new one..

That's funny'

I had 17's on my last vrs

18's on this one. I live in a rough road country. Can't say I notice any difference TBH.

Can't help think Audi being the VAG marques premium brand are somehow preventing skoda doing the VRS 4x4 due to devaluing the quatro. I really would like a VRS 4x4 and i think they would sell like hot cakes. Front wheel drive is ok but has its limitations. Shame they don't make the fitting points universal so you can just transfer the Audi 4 wheel quatro system including transfer box etc into a VRS for the enthusiast.

Can't help think Audi being the VAG marques premium brand are somehow preventing skoda doing the VRS 4x4 due to devaluing the quatro. I really would like a VRS 4x4 and i think they would sell like hot cakes. Front wheel drive is ok but has its limitations. Shame they don't make the fitting points universal so you can just transfer the Audi 4 wheel quatro system including transfer box etc into a VRS for the enthusiast.

Of course they are preventing it, cos they're not stupid.

It's the same thing with a DSG and 4WD Superb - you can only get the low powered 148bhp diesel, or the 3.6 petrol with that setup................cos if they allowed Skoda to produce a 170bhp DSG/4WD Superb, they'd lose a multitude of sales from the A6 Quattro and Passat Alltrack.

Of course they are preventing it, cos they're not stupid.

It's the same thing with a DSG and 4WD Superb - you can only get the low powered 148bhp diesel, or the 3.6 petrol with that setup................cos if they allowed Skoda to produce a 170bhp DSG/4WD Superb, they'd lose a multitude of sales from the A6 Quattro and Passat Alltrack.

I thought you could get this setup???????????????