Upgrade from Bolero to Columbus Superb 3T 2011

I have recently successfully completed this upgrade and after benefitting from various bits of information, wondered if anyone was interested in all my information, written up with photos. I have a word document and jpgs. I am not sure how to post it all and would probably prefer to send to an email address. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Hi, before the moderators decide where (and if) to place your DYI, could you pls e-mail it to me vkumpikas@_gmail_.com? I am picking up my Superb this Friday and an upgrade from Swing to Columbus is no 1 in the list :)

• 3 weeks later...

I did exactly same upgrade but I wonder if you have noticed that the sound volume is lower then when you hade the Bolero unit?

No, I didn't notice, but it could have been a little and I wouldn't have. Didn't notice any overall sound quality difference. Perfectly happy with the upgrade, though and the most expensive thing I ever bought on that wonderful online auction site. The Bolero unit was very good but it just didn't do all I needed

Just remembered something I stumbled on in the setup of the Columbus which was something like "switch on volume" - that may be the problem with yours.

• 1 month later...

Hi skodapeter, are you still able to send out the notes and photos on the upgrade you did please. email to use is [email protected]. I want to upgrade my bolero to columbus unit as you did and any help with that will be appreciated. Hope to hear from you. Regards

Craggy

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am looking at Superbs and have had a look at the Elegance model (comes with Columbus) and the brochures. In the brochure the Bolero is described with a 6 CD-changer. I have not found anything like this on the Columbus. Did Skoda drop the 6 CD-changer for the Columbus?

The Columbus has a HDD inside which the Bolero doesn't.

An executive decision must have been made that with SD, HDD & one CD slot (which plays MP3 CDs) there were enough media choices already.

Either that or the HDD simply wouldn't fit with a 6-disc changer inside!

Believe it or not my pre FL Octavia had both a Columbus and 6 CD changer (in the boot) factory fitted. The CD changer is rather pointless with all the other options on the Columbus but they did fit both when CDs were still well used in cars...

It's possible to have Columbus with HDD, CD/DVD drive and SD slot with boot mounted 6-disc changer, MDI and BT audio streaming.

I bet you could get the Aux port to work as well if you really wanted to!

But that just gives too many options really...

• 1 month later...