vRS Octavia 2.0TDI Remap figures

Sorry if this has been covered before, couldn't see anything..

Me and my dad was talking the other night about remaps etc and he asked me what you can get from the 2.0TDI vRS Octavia if you do remap only?

No interest in doing this just yet, but am interested in the figures :)

The PD140 used to develop about 170bhp without any fiddling or remap on many rolling roads, including those considered more accurate.

That's not saying it's a certain 170bhp, more than you might find more than you expect, so better to drive it and see how you like it before remapping.

Been told that my PD140 will go to 180bhp after a map (if I decide to do it). That's with no other mods.

The Vrs starts at 170bhp though, PD or CR. not sure if there will be any difference after a map on these engines.

JabbaSport did mine and achieved 197bhp and 339 lbs ft of torque. You can go higher in the bhp levels but lose out on drivability. That was a PD engine by the way.

Fitz.

What was the jabbasport map like?

A mate of mine used them on his Ibiza cupra years ago

I would have thought about the 210bhp and 330lbft.

Ask Ben at Shark, it isn't peak figures you want (those are for the pub) it is useful gains that give driveability and do not overstress clutches and turbos.

From memory, the PD140 recaps to about 180bhp and 295lbft.

I would have thought about the 210bhp and 330lbft.

Ask Ben at Shark, it isn't peak figures you want (those are for the pub) it is useful gains that give driveability and do not overstress clutches and turbos.

From memory, the PD140 recaps to about 180bhp and 295lbft.

I'd also be wary about overstressing the DMF

Turbo. Although once that goes you can have a bigger one :-) saying that it's the same with everything though, clutch etc - just depends on how often you use the car and for how long. I know I wouldn't want to have an uprated clutch while in stop start traffic on the M25 lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The remap itself will not alone eat up the components the manor in which it is driven will still have a massive effect. A stock car can have premature failures based on driving style. When I had my Mk1 Fabia VRS remapped I read up a lot on clutch specifically to find out the limit of the clutch/flywheel in lb ft and the remap was kept well below that figure and never slipped no dramas what so ever from car. I have seen a lot of 2.0TDI CR170's making 180-185BHP stock before being remapped on here when folk post their graphs.

a7788 for that engine as above seem to be 200-210 BHP and 320-330 lb ft torque. I would highly recommend it, if you ever change your mind further down the line you will feel like you have just got a brand new car all over again. There are some great companies many of which are site sponsors and some offer discounts to Briski members who know these cars very well and do a fantastic job.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about the clutch and DMF too much. My car was mapped at about 50k (original clutch) and I put another 50k on top of that before it was sold. Still on original clutch and DMF and it was driven hard most of the time with no slip whatsoever. And my torque figure was on the higher side of most remaps out there.

Fitz.

• Like 1

My 08 PD vRS manual made 190 hp (166.7 at the wheels) and 286 lbs ft standard

After a P-Torque remap it made 211.5 hp (187.7 at the wheels) and 332.9 lbs ft. This was a fantastic and driveable remap and I absolutely loved it, so torquey and flexible.

My 09 CR vRS DSG made 180 hp (147.1 at the wheels) and 279.2 lbs ft standard

After a P-Torque remap it made 208.1 hp (180.5 at the wheels) and 340.3 lbs ft.

I have to say that I definately preferred the feel and thrust of the PD over the smoother and revvier nature of the CR. As for fuel consumption I reckon the remapped PD manual averaged about 45 mpg and the CR about 42, these were real figures and not readings.