Just arrived, Briskoda tax discs

ColinD

Does it have to be in that yellow pocket?

IIRC the MOT is a square one?

Just thinking ;)

As far as I'm aware Colin there is no stipulation as to how they are fixed to the windscreen. Yes the insurance and NCT certs. are square, but I don't think mounting the tax disc separately would look better unfortunately, notwithstanding how nice the tax disc holders look.

• Administrators

Super feedback guys thank you.

I'm pleased with how they look too. Anybody for a last minute stocking filler then?

*actually not sure if 1st will make it now, next day might squeeze xmas eve out of it...

Anybody for new year surprises :)

Right thats it didn't order one as I was close to having to go into my overdraft, but now im in it I assume on my previous logic I might as well order one. :D Titanium for myself I think will sit nicely even though I don't even have a tax disc I will have to finally buy one later next year!

used to have one of these on my old car (not Brisky logo though) but I couldnt get it to stay on as it was too heavy for the pads to hold!

Hoy you don't start that sort of talk after I have just ordered :bandit:

Here is my backup plan in the event though! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summit-Magnetax-Holder-Carbon-Coloured/dp/B002OM4G84/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1356519486&sr=8-2

Had one of those magnetic ones before very simple but nice neat and very low profile, would be cool to get a Briski printed one of those.

• Administrators

I've had one fitted for 5+ years, original pads on three different cars. I mount mine near the top of the screen, maybe it's flatter up there.

Offer the disc holder up to check curvy angles, where it needs to be for the back to be level. Remove the back part and safely stow.

I clean the screen, affix pads to disc rim (bolt holes good spot) then press on to windscreen, not to firmly, just enough to bond (should be no deformation in pads). Hold for about a minute. I also read about not driving for a few hours...

There is a clear plastic spacer, affix two stickies to that to space it off if needs be. Or double up the pads on the gap between your screen.

Hope that helps.

Colin.

I've had one fitted for 5+ years, original pads on three different cars. I mount mine near the top of the screen, maybe it's flatter up there.

I was looking at mine last night as I was putting some stuff on the Columbus HDD with it being dark outside the reflection to me made screen look like its flatter at top than bottom (I was imagining where I will affix mine)