Fabia vRS Problems (Happy Thread)

ardandy

I'd just like to say after trawling through paranoia inducing threads regarding what is probably a small % of vRS owners that;

I've got a Fabia vRS Estate and have had no problems whatsoever!

It uses a nominal amount of oil (which I knew of before hand) and hasn't been back to the dealer once for anything!

Let's break the mold and post if you're happy for a change! (Hope I'm not alone on this one! :blush: )

Agree completely, even though i had leaky gearbox oil from day 1 (although would admittedly be more bitter right now if a new replacement car wasn't on order!).

Great engine and gearbox in a cost effective and 'unique' looking outer shell. Has all the perfermance, economy, cheap running costs, cheap insurance, and slightly sporty looks that I want in a package - all at a vat free price that significantly undercuts the competition.

Just hope that I get value for money from my 5yr warranty ;-)

Still find it crazy that the most significant issue with cars/engine/reputation is directly linked to the most significant thing 'borrowed' from VAG/VW, i.e. the twin-charger engine, how ironic that VW were supposed to have improved the skoda brand but are now impacting it!!

I did notice today in heavy rain however that the windscreen run-off goes straight across the front windows exactly where you need visibility for the wing-mirrors - only a minor issue and sorry to taint this thread with such negative words!

Andy

Edited by A Woodster
  • Like 2

I did notice today in heavy rain however that the windscreen run-off goes straight across the front windows exactly where you need visibility for the wing-mirrors - only a minor issue and sorry to taint this thread with such negative words!

Andy

Don't blame the poor little Fabia for that, my Passat does exactly the same! Makes overtaking on motorways more fun and encourages "using the force" driving!

Satisfied with mine so far.What else could you buy new for £15k that would be better?Nothing as far as I'm aware.

I sometimes ask the question could have I have done better for £15k USED...but that's not a proper comparison,is it?

Satisfied with mine so far.What else could you buy new for £15k that would be better?Nothing as far as I'm aware.

I sometimes ask the question could have I have done better for £15k USED...but that's not a proper comparison,is it?

indeed, £15k could get you a deisel fiesta? lol...

18 months old, 10k on the clock and been in the garage several times for warranty repairs. Other than occasional misfire issue (solved by software update) its been a peach mechanically, uses oil but nothing like the quantities people talk of here

It's a cracking little car for the money - touch wood I haven't had any issues bar corroding Dark Chrome alloys (wasn't fond of them anyway).

Car is two years old with 15k on the clock.