Anyone consider an Octavia VRS instead of a Fabia VRS

Get the Octavia vRS. I had one before and its the better car. And crucially its reliable.

A bit harsh.I've had the Fabia vRs for two months and 2000 miles now and there are no faults.

Compared to the Octy vRS petrol I had before there are just two downsides,less space in the boot and,marginally,rear seat and the handling is a bit soft (springs and rarb should fix this).

On the other hand it seems just as quick,it will do about 10 more miles to each gallon and has cheaper road tax .

More compact so better around town and more agile on the twisty bits.

I've got a 5year warranty so will be covered for my ownership and the latest engines should prove reliable.

I'm not going to mod the engine to try and ensure reliability.

IMO the Fabia and Octy vRS are both good,I can't say one is better than the other.

I had the OCtavia for 3 years from new. Ive had the Fabia for 2 years from new. Ive also modified both to get them exactly how i wanted them.

The Octavia has a much higher standard of build quality.

The Octavia has a much better interior.

The Octavia looks better (my opinion of course)

The Octavia is much more reliable and proven

The Octavia has much more space despite not feeling like a big car.

The Octavia has better ride quality.

The Fabia has much better fuel economy

The Fabia is much cheaper to run from tyres, tax etc etc

Std v Std they are very similar. The Fabia feels faster but ultimately i dont think it is, its just more raw so feels fast, whereas the Octavia hides its performance much better.

Dont get me wrong, the Fabia is a great car, but its not as good as the Octavia. I can really notice the quality difference between the two.

I also reckon the second hand prices of the Fabias/Cupra's and GTIs wil be drop as a result of all this oil burning issues.

Id like to see the new Mk3 Octavia vRS.

I agree with vRSy. A good friend has had a manual petrol 06 Octavia vrs since 2008 if I remember correctly. He's even been on a few track days with it, and the car hasn't skipped a beat. I've driven it quite extensively, and, for a front wheel drive car, it's about as good as it gets, a really nice car indeed.

You can easily tell that a Fabia has been built to a budget, whereas the Octavia hardly feels any different to a Golf.

I love my own Fabia, and although I haven't driven a Fabia vrs, as a car overall, the Octavia is loads better considering what you pay for each.

It's not complete

If its a year old its the newer TSI engine from the mk6 GTI. Much more economical

This is not completely true. They lack the VVL in Octavia while the mk6 GTI got that.

A small thing, but they aren't completely the same.

Like a mix between the old engine and the new one, so to say.

I testdrove a new Octavia at the same time as the Fabia.

0-160 and the Octavia fell behind, but past that and the Octavia would start to gain momentum.

Octavia might have a better stock-chassi, but the Fabia has better potential.

And then there is this tiny whiny difference off 70000 sek between the cars (6500 £)!

Mine was bought due to long mileage, but I would probably go for it even though I don't do the crazy mileage as I thought I would do =)!

Fabia vrs mk3 won't be for another year - 18 months or more, so you are safe if you pick the fabia

II will probably chop mine in for a different estate in 18 months - car will be 3 years old by then.

What's the cost difference over there? Down here it's $10-15k different, and I couldn't justify the difference, given it's only me in the car 90% of the time.

This is the reason I went for the Fabia, I really liked the Octy, but just couldn't justify the extra cost of buying and running when I'm usually on my own and my daily commute is a 40 mile round trip !

Plus I've heard reports that the DSG isn't as good in the Octy compared to the Fab.

Octavia might have a better stock-chassi, but the Fabia has better potential.

And then there is this tiny whiny difference off 70000 sek between the cars (6500 £)!

Mine was bought due to long mileage, but I would probably go for it even though I don't do the crazy mileage as I thought I would do =)!

I don't know. My Fabia is faster than my Octavia was, but, I have spent ALOT more on the Fabia than I did on the Octavia. Had I spent the same I would easily be nudging towards 380-400hp on the Octavia. I bought the fabia because it was cheap as hell and I like the challenge of modifying newer cars.

I would 100% buy another Octavia vRS but I wouldn't buy a Fabia vRS again.

I had a pd Octavia for 6 years before my Fabia , they Octy is arguably the better car but not as easy or rewarding to drive quick and more expensive in the first place