Just won a Neuspeed RARB

Guest BigJase88

This is so wrong I'm trying hard to be factual, maybe a picture will help.

This is why your suggestion is fatally flawed.

Gui.jpg

The rear ARB on a our example Leon works only in torsion (twisting), not laterally (sideways) or compression/tension (squeezing/pulling).

The entire rear axle of a Leon is one big ARB. The axle doesn't flex sideways but does twist in the middle.

When you fit an aftermarket ARB you are supplementing the roll stiffness already in the rear axle, nothing else.

This is absolutely true....

Thanks for using pic of my car. It is a Octavia not Leon though but same floor pan as also in A3 , Golf as well... :thumbup:

Guest BigJase88

Well i have managed to find some super pro front arb bushes in 17mm :)

Whats the process for install?

Copper grease inside bush where bar would sit?

But would you copper grease the outside of bush where arb clamp goes?

Cheera

The best stuff is Castrol CL or some other sort of calcium based grease, after that use graphite based CV type grease as Lofty does or if not Castrol LM or some other lithium based grease.

DO NOT USE COPPER GREASE, the fine copper particles in it act as an abrasive and cause premature wear to the bush and insert/arb.

People using copper grease is one of the main reasons some forum warriors (not on BRISKODA) claim poly bushes are crap and you should fit OEM.

Guest BigJase88

Hmmm interesting!

Im sure ive received powerflex bushes before that come with a sachet of copper grease??

I do have some castrol grease somewhere i think! :)

Hmmm interesting!

Im sure ive received powerflex bushes before that come with a sachet of copper grease??

I do have some castrol grease somewhere i think! :)

I've never seen the stuff Powerflex supply (they're woefully over priced IMO) so I don't know if it's standard copper grease or something more fine.

I can tell you I've seen many Bugpack/Prothane/Polysport bushes with premature wear due to off the shelf copper grease.

I don't know how else I can tell you that lateral strengthening from an after market ARB is an impossibility, did you not understand that picture I put up?

There is no way a rear axle flexes inwards, it would create rear wheel steer and the car would be undriveable.

It's not only possible, but plausible, especially with voided bushes. Flexing to the point of creating rear wheel steering is a little overdramatic though.

And I lied, turns out it wasn't the A4 that had the issue, just this beam.

And basically you're saying that this product is a waste of time and not necessary;

http://www.bildon.com/catalog/DetailsList.cfm?ID=1CV.501.513.514

It's not only possible, but plausible, especially with voided bushes. Flexing to the point of creating rear wheel steering is a little overdramatic though.

I see you're changing your story and misleadingly misquoting me.

Why have you suddenly mentioned the bushes when before you stated it was the hubs flexing on the end of the axle?

I am not the one suggesting there is any rear wheel steer, I stated quite clearly that this doesn't happen, but would happen if your fanciful pipe dream were real.

So far I have demonstrated with facts, figures and diagrams that this does not happen.

Even if it did happen in some alternate universe, I've also shown, factually, that an aftermarket ARB will have zero effect on it.

Instead of just repeating that it happens because you say so, maybe you could demonstrate with some kind of facts, proof, or engineering????

tumblr_lxrjou9ZnG1qkw4bio1_400.gif

Yawn. Even Volkswagen knew it was happening. Hence the existence of the product I linked to above.

LOL you can't keep changing your theory as you desperately trawl the internet clutching at proof.

You said the weak area was the hub, not the axle.

That product is designed to reinforce racing cars running on slicks generating cornering loads the original engineers didn't envisage.

LINKING TO THIS PRODUCT IS POINTLESS, IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT AN AFTER MARKET REAR ARB WILL NOT DO THE SAME JOB.

You are just plain wrong, you don't understand the operation of an ARB, you don't understand basic physics and you certainly don't understand dynamic suspension operation, thus far this is all you've proved time and time again.

I didn't say the weakness was the hub, I said the hubs were moving. All down to the weaknesses in the axle. But feel free to continue...

I don't need to 'continue'.

I have showed multiple times why your theory is ridiculous, yet you've offered no proof other than 'because I say so, I own a VRS'.

TBH the wobbling hubs are the less ridiculous part of your theory, how an after market ARB would cure this wobbling is the really laughable part.

I am not pointing this out to belittle or embarrass you, vehicle engineering is my specialty, as I'm sure your day job is for you.

The only reason I'm pointing out that your theory is incorrect, is because I think it's unfair for other forum users to be mislead simply because you shout with authority.

I've never seen the stuff Powerflex supply (they're woefully over priced IMO) so I don't know if it's standard copper grease or something more fine.

I can tell you I've seen many Bugpack/Prothane/Polysport bushes with premature wear due to off the shelf copper grease.

The stuff powerflex supply with their bushes is a more fine grade of copper grease.

Super pro are even dearer than powerflex. Check out the price they charge for rear beam bushes.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

:S

What! Are they infused with platinum?

Does anyone know the Super Pro shore rating out of interest?

You would think so at there prices,,,,

Not "sure" about the "shore" ratings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,could not resist that.......

I believe that are softer compound to Powerflex only based on experience and other folks comments, Certainly the rear beam ones are.

The Superpro have variable Shore ratings I think. Or at least i've bought from a choice of them in the past. My Super Pro dogbone bush was rated to 90 shore as far as I remember.

Edited by Jonneh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BigJase88

Well i have fitted the rarb!

Believe it or not my leon fr tdi has a 23mm farb as stock :p

I have been sceptical of this mod for a while! But omg i am completely converted!

The car goes round corners like its on rails! Feels far more planted! Corner speed has increased by at least 10-20mph corner dependant!

When you feel the limit it lets go at the back but then once it gets grip again it bites like mad!

Honestly this is coming from a doubter but these are waaay more effective than my coilovers were when they went on!

Kw coils teamed up with this rarb is phenomenal! Well impressed :)

Well i have fitted the rarb!

Believe it or not my leon fr tdi has a 23mm farb as stock :p

I have been sceptical of this mod for a while! But omg i am completely converted!

The car goes round corners like its on rails! Feels far more planted! Corner speed has increased by at least 10-20mph corner dependant!

When you feel the limit it lets go at the back but then once it gets grip again it bites like mad!

Honestly this is coming from a doubter but these are waaay more effective than my coilovers were when they went on!

Kw coils teamed up with this rarb is phenomenal! Well impressed :)

I knew you would like it, KW's and a 28mm RARB coupled with a 23mm FARB is the dog's .........

Guest BigJase88

Yes you guys werent wrong!

Its unbelievable how good it is... Before hand on the limit the back end used to feel light and twitchy...

Now at this point it doesnt get twitchy... As said you can push on another 10-20mph.... Then when it does go i dont feel its snappy.. You can control it and then it grips again. Its seriously mind numbing how a metal bar can be this good

:)