How Fast are Briskoda #3 - 1st June

PastyBoy

my car is new, dont want to hurt it! :p

Your pupils have way more potential to "hurt it" than any track day in the world :). It will only do it torque loads of good and will get rid of those grey iron block casting heat stresses - nothing better than track day heat cycling to get rid of them. Actually, your mileage is perfect as you will still have plenty of fresh cross hatching on your bores to iron out any engine block dimensional settlements and get really good and really stable bore seal.

Your pupils have way more potential to "hurt it" than any track day in the world :). It will only do it torque loads of good and will get rid of those grey iron block casting heat stresses - nothing better than track day heat cycling to get rid of them. Actually, your mileage is perfect as you will still have plenty of fresh cross hatching on your bores to iron out any engine block dimensional settlements and get really good and really stable bore seal.

Lol so you can't use the engine as an excuse for poor performance! (not saying that you were looking for an excuse)

A few rules I use.

1, Is the car in warranty? Yes

2, Is there petrol in the tank? Yes

3, Are the oil levels and coolant levels correct? Yes

4, Tyre pressures ok? Yes

5, Seat belt fastened? Yes

6, Crash Helmet contain a head? Yes

Check list complete, so go out and make it have it!

Anything else will be dealt with as or when it happens.

As for excuses, please remember this simple rule of 7 P's;

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance. it works for the Army.

• Like 1

So, who's getting their excuses ready for not performing on Saturday?

For me................I'm old, and ill, and....................

I don't bother with excuses. I am just Slow mate. I am in an estate. :hi::giggle:

• Like 1

1. Does it start? If yes, go to number 6. If no, go to number 2.

2. Will a hammer make it start? If yes, go to number 6. If no, go to number 3.

3. Will shouting at it make it start? If yes, go to number 6. If no, go to number 4.

4. Will physically abusing it and denting another panel with a size 9 make it start? If yes, go to number 6. If no, go to number 5.

5. Will working through the basics of spark and fuel etc make it start? If yes, go to number 6. If no, go home on the bus.

6. Rag the **** out of the ******.

• Like 4

Hmmm, looks like the weather is turning nice and warm (and dry!) for this weekend! I am contemplating doing the whole weekend on the semi slicks and leave the tyres with tread at home...... [shameful!]

Not with the forecast I have seen! Seems the UK is in for a week of hot and sunny weather from this weekend. :D

What I have done is kick myself in the foot for the 2 lap timed bit as the tyres will be cold. Once they warm up in practise though they should be awesome. However it will take a lot to get them warm....

If it is hot I will have to use the A/C, this will sap power :sweat: combined with warmer air on the intercooler, I don't see any point joining in now :rofl: NOT.

What it does mean is we can sit in the beer garden when have lunch at the pub :happy:

• Like 2

If it is hot I will have to use the A/C, this will sap power :sweat: combined with warmer air on the intercooler, I don't see any point joining in now :rofl: NOT.

What it does mean is we can sit in the beer garden when have lunch at the pub :happy:

Ahhh the bliss of air con and not having to worry about intake temps. I have an over sized intercooler on mine. Drove down to Spain stopped at garage in Spain to fuel up, felt my intercooler, cold as ice. down side 500rpm of lag while it fills up. lol

• Like 1

Damn, damn, damn...how else will I have a chance if doesn't rain! :p

Quietly go round and put weight in the back of everyone's cars. Bag of Sand should do the trick. :bandit: or put nails on the track :bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

I need Air con mate, chronic hayfever,so if sunny, windows up tight glasses on happy days.

ah fair enough, I suppose if I was a sufferer, I would never have removed mine. But I am lucky in that I don't suffer

ah fair enough, I suppose if I was a sufferer, I would never have removed mine. But I am lucky in that I don't suffer

Doing well so far this year as weather has been so crap, However did have itchy eyes sunday. started tablets until season is over. for me Autumn. Sucks balls I tell ya, I love the outdoors.

Just don't put any cats, dogs or especially horses in my car, no amount of aircon will help :D.

My checklist is short

1. Change the blooming brake fluid, will ya!!

2. Set the alarm for Sat morn 7am

3. Take wallet and put fuel in the tank

4. Sandbag during practice Try to lear the track and arrive at half decent lines and try to avid loosing it

5. Pull time 10 secs faster than Nissan370Z during timed laps and go home happy ;). Try to get out the way of faster cars quickly

6. Wait for BTCC phone call to discuss contract terms Hope not be having to make calls to my dealer to book car for repairs...

7. Note to self, when sober delete points 4-6 :D Done

EDIT: In right mind, list edited!

Damn, damn, damn...how else will I have a chance if doesn't rain! :p

Quietly add 2bar each corner on all cars...

Prevailing comment from all drivers

"Is it me or there's no grip on the track today???"

:D

I have been off this week, I thought I would have a quiet week doing a few nits and pieces, like tidying the garage etc, but this wasn't to happen, I have spent most days tweaking and fettling Lupo issues with my lad and choosing a nursing home for my 94 year old grandmother.

Finally I have a few hours to myself and I am going to sort the Fabia for Saturday, my original plan was just to change the brake pads for the yellow stuff pads, but I have decided to swap the wheels again for the BBS I used when I tackled Oulton Park, two reasons for this, the first being that the Dunlops took a beating at Castle Combe and crumbed up so the wife wants her tyres to be kept in tact and the second is because I will be outside and not have to listen to dreadful music that my hormonal teenage daughter is listening to!

So, I will post a few pics later, as taking pics also keeps me outside a bit longer. :happy:

• Like 4

James, my kids are a bit tounger but I think We could Have a chat so You could scare the living daylights out of me with your experiences ;):D.

I am in exactly the same position with week off. Just now tidying the garage as I have few hours before I take kiddos trampolining and for lunch. Then I the afternoon I will be fabricating camcorder mounts as the ones I bought off flee bay vibrate too much and have too short arms to be of much use unfortunately...

Brake fluid change is tomorrow as the weather will be drier.

Just looking around... Garage is in a right state...

• Like 1