How Fast are Briskoda #3 - 1st June

PastyBoy

Hehe. To be honest I think my CG Lock will be of some use, but only in conjunction with sea sickness tablet for the impending body roll.

The only answer is to get some gold bits this week to shave off some of those seconds. :p

• Like 1

The only answer is to get some gold bits this week to shave off some of those seconds. :p

Far more beneficial than F1 grade brake fluid ;)

Any of you guys heading down from oop t'north on the Saturday morning? I will be joining the M6 at Warrington M62, I am happy to meet up and run down in convoy.

If not, see you there

I'm being put up at Chateau niceyellow the night before (hope the offer is still valid! :D) so coming up from the south.

I am refraining from talking about Brisk rover for fear of jeopardising that offer :D but I have seen updates on FB about autosolos etc and it is quite brisk! :thumbup:

what time you heading up?

debating which way to go as have two routes. both same distance give or take and similar time too.

I normally plan to arrive about 20-30 minutes before it starts, just to be sure.

So I will leave the M25 and start plodding up the M1 around 8:40am.

It's 50 miles from there.

I am going up A1M and aiming at being there for 9.30, 30 mins before the briefing starts. Is anybody going to have VCDS with them? I was thinking about trying that different brake settings.

Friday I will be having my rear wiper motor replaced (finally!) and oil temp enabled on my MAXIDOT again after they switched it off at the dealers when they reverted to fixed service regime.

There's one small problem I have now. I had a mountain biking accident. Very steep hill descent went wrong and at the bottom of the hill bike wiped out from under me as I failed to shift the weight forward in time and ended up going on my bottom and my back across stones - torn to ribbons. I just hope it will heal in time as driving back I had to support my weight on my elbows ...

I am going up A1M and aiming at being there for 9.30, 30 mins before the briefing starts. Is anybody going to have VCDS with them? I was thinking about trying that different brake settings.

Ooh, what settings are available? I was wondering about whether this was possible (I would like to bias a bit more towards the rear). Maybe this isn't possible on the Fabia mk1 ?

I will have VCDS with me, but I am sure you cannot change anything brake related on the mk1. No idea on the mk2 though. Would need full instructions.

could you sorth Phantom for me Jason? remove single door unlock, activate anti-hijack, and turn up the diff? Thanks!

So, who's getting their excuses ready for not performing on Saturday?

For me................I'm old, and ill, and....................

• Like 1

Ooh, what settings are available? I was wondering about whether this was possible (I would like to bias a bit more towards the rear). Maybe this isn't possible on the Fabia mk1 ?

I am not sure what is possible on MK1. Changing brake bias to the back will shorten stopping distance but will also make the car more tail happy, depending on the existing state of affairs - or put it differently more rear brake bias is for those with exceptional driving ability and a pair of steel ones ;).

. I will have to find the settings for te brake assist change, I think there was a thread on briskie about that for MK2

My car is standard and has had no VCDS mods therefore I must be slower :blush:

• Like 1

Don't worry I'll be there to make you look good! And that's not just on the track.

Oh and yay Brimma is coming wahoo! Sorry bit delayed I know.

• Like 2

Come on Brimma, don't sell yourself short.

Hope you really enjoy your day out, I think you need it, certainly deserve it. Take care

• Like 1

I thought about the brakes as I think there's something odd about them on vRS, at least in my one. First step on the brakes feels but spongy, like there is air in the system. However, if I ever so slightly tap the brake pedal first and instantly brake "for real" the bite, feel and braking force is excellent. Not sure why is that but I think it is to do with DSG.