I found my Superb: She's called Audrey!

You'll have to give your wallet a rest too at some point. Lol

Sent from my iPhone upside down, using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

Mostly done now, mate.

Never had 3 mortgages at the same time before:

1. Car (purchase)

2. Essentials (warranty / servicing / MOT etc)

3. Like to have (dust caps / rear blinds)

Just want another BriSkoda decal on bonnet (last one not stick)

And a new Tax Disc holder - BriSkoda dont do one do thy?

Ok - i read the manual on this...

image_zps3ef0356c.jpg

But i dont quite get it.

If i pull the OPEN lever it will let COLD air into the glove compartment

and make it into a cold storage?

But NOT cold enough for cold produce tht needs to be refrigerated?

Correct, you get the cold air con air into the glove box, good for keeping drinks cold in the summer (if we get one). However it doesn't turn it into a fridge, so don't keep a frozen chicken in there all week and then sue Skoda when you get food poisoning.

• Like 1

I assume the air con cold goes in IF the air con is on COLD?

Or by pulling the lever it will SWITCH ON the air con at its lowest temp?

Even though the air con temp has been set for say 20degrees for the cabin?

I recommend Gliptone for the leather and I love 303 Aerospace protectant for all plastic trim, dash board, door cards, rubber seals, engine bay etc brilliant stuff expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone upside down, using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

A man from my own heart :love:

Gliptone Twins for the leather and 303 Aerospace for the dash and the jobs a good 'un. Aerospace on the engine bay plastics is also fantastic.

Chan - Audrey looks absolutely stunning and I've learnt so much from this thread alone.

Keep the updates coming and I've made my mind up that it has to be the Rosso Brunello with Creame interior combo. I was going to try and find a car in the summer but I may just stick my Audi on Pistonheads now and fast forward 5 months or so.

Love the blinds as well. The first thing I was going to do was get the windows tinted but the blinds look spot on.

:rock:

A man from my own heart :love:

Gliptone Twins for the leather and 303 Aerospace for the dash and the jobs a good 'un. Aerospace on the engine bay plastics is also fantastic.

Thts TWO recommendations!

Guys - any pics to show the results?

Or where best to buy from?

Chan - Audrey looks absolutely stunning and I've learnt so much from this thread alone.

Keep the updates coming and I've made my mind up that it has to be the Rosso Brunello with Creame interior combo. I was going to try and find a car in the summer but I may just stick my Audi on Pistonheads now and fast forward 5 months or so.

Love the blinds as well. The first thing I was going to do was get the windows tinted but the blinds look spot on.

:rock:

Thks CobraMan!

Tht means a lot!

All encouragement and bits i added to Audrey were mostly from members

on here - without thm i wouldnt gotton as far as now.

U take your time.

Find the car u really want - thn dont let her go!

Cheers!

Wayne

PS: Once u have her, start your own thread.

We want to see / hear everything abt her! :-)

Gliptone Cleaner - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gliptone-liquid-leather-cleaner/prod_211.html

Gliptone Conditioner - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gliptone-liquid-leather-conditioner/prod_210.html

Leather Brush - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/leather-cleaning-brush/prod_334.html

303 Aerospace - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/303-aerospace-protectant/prod_366.html

You'd probably get around 10 cleans and conditions from the Gliptone twins. The bottle of 303 Aerospace will probably last 5 years if you use it every 3 months.

I'm genuinely tempted by this...

http://www.qualityusedcarcentre.co.uk/used-cars/skoda-superb-2-0-tdi-cr-170-elegance-5dr-dsg-croydon-201242488879138

However, I don't know how much they'll part-ex my A4 for. I reckon for a private sale I'd get £8k for my car but the dealer will probably more likely offer £6.5k.

I may just take the hunch and go down the weekend with my car and £2k in cash in my back pocket.

Before you go adding conditioners to modern leather have a good read up about it as many 'leather experts' will tell you not to use a conditioner as it will not be absorbed into the leather like it used to in the past - it now sits on top of the leather clear coat and just gathers the dirt quicker.

I used to clean and condition my leather seats before, but since I got the Superb I have only used the Dr. Leather wipes on the seats, they still look like new after nearly 30k.

Food for thought?

Before you go adding conditioners to modern leather have a good read up about it as many 'leather experts' will tell you not to use a conditioner as it will not be absorbed into the leather like it used to in the past - it now sits on top of the leather clear coat and just gathers the dirt quicker.

I used to clean and condition my leather seats before, but since I got the Superb I have only used the Dr. Leather wipes on the seats, they still look like new after nearly 30k.

Food for thought?

You make a good point mate.

A conditioner does very little to protect leather as most cleaners contain a conditioner within its ingredients - so a cleaner will do both the cleaning and conditioning in one hit. However, I don't think I could clean leather without adding conditioner (old habits die hard).

CobraMan.

Check out www.glass.co.uk - get an idea of 2nd hand prices.

Thy are just a guide - but never accept any below the minimum on tht site for your PX - ok?

Unless u getting somethingelse back...

Cheers Chan - and sorry for hijacking your thread.

Right. Just done it and... £5,840.00 :sweat:

Does the Glass guide take into effect what the car has with regards to extras? Just asking as mine has full leather, electric lumber support, armrest, full-screen Audi Navigation+ unit and Bose. I also stuck on 4 new tyres before Christmas and had the clutch/flywheel changed 5k miles ago costing over £900 and it has full Audi Service History.

Checking Autotrader and the cheapest car containing all my extras is listed for £8,750 although it has 15k less miles on the clock and it has cracked leather and is dirty as hell.

Edited by cobraman

again know this one is about out of budget but it does have the new DRL'S and only 51,000 on the clock plus it's a 59 plate but it's not DSG what would really take it out still a nice car but that one you posted is quite tidy 2009 SKODA SUPERB 2.0 ELEGANCE TDI CR 5D 170 BHP DIESEL | eBay

Edited by racing boy

again know this one is about out of budget but it does have the new DRL'S and only 51,000 on the clock plus it's a 59 plate but it's not DSG what would really take it out still a nice car but that one you posted is quite tidy 2009 SKODA SUPERB 2.0 ELEGANCE TDI CR 5D 170 BHP DIESEL | eBay

Far more affordable and just over 50k on the clock is cracking for the price. However, I definitely want a DSG autobox and that would be a deal breaker for me.

I didn't think to look on Ebay. :think:

Cheers Chan - and sorry for hijacking your thread.

Right. Just done it and... £5,840.00 :sweat:

Does the Glass guide take into effect what the car has with regards to extras? Just asking as mine has full leather, electric lumber support, armrest, full-screen Audi Navigation+ unit and Bose. I also stuck on 4 new tyres before Christmas and had the clutch/flywheel changed 5k miles ago costing over £900 and it has full Audi Service History.

Checking Autotrader and the cheapest car containing all my extras is listed for £8,750 although it has 15k less miles on the clock and it has cracked leather and is dirty as hell.

No worries abt hijacking my thread, my friend.

If it results with u having found your Superb, thn its well worth it!

As for Glass's guide - as I said its a guide.

But usually its pretty good with actual selling/buying prices.

As with everythingelse, optional extras help sell things quicker -

and not necessarily add value to (except auto boxes).

The BEST guide is probably what they are selling for

or better wot they are SOLD for.

A trick i do is to ring/see a few cars from private and main dealers

tht u like thn see how much thy would PX for - then average this and

thn add another 10% to the PX (due to further negotiations).

This u get an idea wot is the current PX of your car.

But its always down to hard bargaining!!!

In the past i managed to increased my PX above Glass's max PX price.

Walked out with a BOGOF Extended Warranty of Lexus.

Wait a few weeks for a BMW 120d to be reduced by £1k.

But at times even a price of a road tax the dealer wouldnt budge :-(

And my Audrey's private dealer was just playing hardball -

it was the 1st time in my life i didnt want to call the dealer's bluff,

so we didnt get a lower "Price to Change" as we liked (the price i paid after PX).

Coz, i really really wanted Audrey! :-)

So even tht £10,995 Superb on ebay?

Its from a dealer - so thy will do u a deal.

The actual price will probably be abt £10,500.

If u can push thm it could be £10k for cash (full MOT? 12month Tax? Fuel?

new mats? Etc etc).

If u PX, thn thy might reduce to just £10,775 (but only after negotiations).

So anything is possible and tht £10,995 is not beyond your budget

if u see wot i mean.

And yes u would lose less money if u sold your own car privately,

thn get a discount for cash buying the Superb.

Good luck!

And keep us posted!

By all means start a new thread - thn u might get more response :-)