I found my Superb: She's called Audrey!

Wayne,Sorry to hear the news. :heartbreak:

Wayne :dance:  Audrey :makeup:  You 2 have been through highs and lows in your short relationship and I wish you 2 all the best in the future.

PS  Does the matching waterproof coat,come with the car ?. :yes:

Edited by james0james

To service the aircon the Supurbia way do this

Buy

1 New pollen filter and fit it

2 A tin of Dettol etc antibac spray £3 from Tesco

3 Start by spraying all the dash vents at face level

4 Put the aircon on and in re-cycle mode with the fans on full all vents open

5 Get out and leave the drivers door window down 1 inch and spray the rest of the can into the car

6 Once empty or you feel it's got enough in there leave the car running with the window now shut for 5 minutes

Once the car has dried out you should now have a clean bathroom sort of smell for a few hours, this will go but the musty smell will be gone with it also, hth.

• Like 2

To service the aircon the Supurbia way do this

Buy

1 New pollen filter and fit it

2 A tin of Dettol etc antibac spray £3 from Tesco

3 Start by spraying all the dash vents at face level

4 Put the aircon on and in re-cycle mode with the fans on full all vents open

5 Get out and leave the drivers door window down 1 inch and spray the rest of the can into the car

6 Once empty or you feel it's got enough in there leave the car running with the window now shut for 5 minutes

Once the car has dried out you should now have a clean bathroom sort of smell for a few hours, this will go but the musty smell will be gone with it also, hth.

Simple idea, sounds the same as the aircon bombs but the ones I've used previously absolutely stink. The last one I used (before the superb) reeked of fake synthetic strawberries for days. Made the car a really unpleasant place to be. Clean fresh bathroom smell sound quite nice in comparison.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Wayne,Sorry to hear the news. :heartbreak:

Wayne :dance:  Audrey :makeup:  You 2 have been through highs and lows in your short relationship and I wish you 2 all the best in the future.

PS  Does the matching waterproof coat,come with the car ?. :yes:

Lol

Thanks mate :-)

And no, i am KEEPING my M&S Waterproof autumn jacket now that the rain has returned!

Simple idea, sounds the same as the aircon bombs but the ones I've used previously absolutely stink. The last one I used (before the superb) reeked of fake synthetic strawberries for days. Made the car a really unpleasant place to be. Clean fresh bathroom smell sound quite nice in comparison.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

That's the basic idea, you can do it with the pollen filter in or out, in the Passat it's under the glovebox so easy, in the Insignia I have to remove the glovebox to get at it, usual effect is that feeling you get after a thunderstorm, all fresh and cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you going to show us pics of who you've dumped her for?

Jake, Downgrading AND certainly NOT German (but I am looking at a VW Lupo GTI though ...)

This is a brilliant forum, so will certainly stick around here, so will start a "quiet" thread on my new acquisition(s)...

But nothinv to shout about nor Skoda ...

Jake, Downgrading AND certainly NOT German (but I am looking at a VW Lupo GTI though ...)

This is a brilliant forum, so will certainly stick around here, so will start a "quiet" thread on my new acquisition(s)...

But nothinv to shout about nor Skoda ...

This has to be one of the best threads on Brisky and don't forget there is the "non Skoda project journals" section so feel free to keep us posted in there. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Audrey picked up by her new owner last Wed.

This is wot he said afterwards:

"Hi Wayne, just done 100 miles in the Superb, its fabulous. Love the voice command and self park although its a bit scary at first! Thanks Chris"

Nice compliment :-)

Wayne signing off Audrey s thread ...

Is that ChrisVrs upgrading??!!

Thanks Wayne for a great thread over best part of two years. I got my Rosso Brunello superb (1.4S only) second hand at the same time as you. Though not as eventful as your ownership, it has been a great car and I have very much enjoyed your thread along the way. All the very best for the future

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/1/2014 at 13:22, Chan110 said:

99358B50-3160-4822-B8E5-866BEFD602C2-439

20563E8D-22D2-4585-9D4E-ADAA56A43C48-439

F24A97F7-DAD6-4BBB-8610-F6764F2EF79A-439

Must be flat (630) not curve one for new Superb (621):

E7851969-AFBA-49FE-8E8E-933AF93798E3-439

F6F90824-17A3-4704-99D4-250FEE806659-439

B4A6C0DA-9E37-4BFD-AC81-F027CBB87525-439

1BAFDED2-27AB-4B86-ACB4-E84663DD15F1-439

0837E61A-3D6C-4389-8DB2-FAE813574AEF-439

8A46651F-DB85-40FC-BA36-9B46415D98AD-439

hi wayne, i, looking to do the same to my 2011 skoda superb, all help would be great, do i need curved for front and flat for back or curved for front and back? regards mick

Got a post notification...

Wow, its been 3 years :o

Mick

I am so out of date / forgotten, i even had to Google what generation is the 2011 model - lol

It looks like the mk2 (same as my old Superb) - so will need to be flat badges.

But i recommend u to search this forum for confirmation (u don't want to buy the wrong  badges) as could be wrong...

:biggrin:

Good luck and keep us posted!