Do you get mats included with the Citigo?

RapidRonnie

My mum should be picking hers up in early March, it's an Elegance 60PS 5 door in red. Just wondering whether you get carpet mats in them, they're not in the brochure. Bit stingy on the top of the range to have to pay for mats!

Edited by OctaviaT81

my sister has just bought one of these ,she said that she had to order them .

i phoned the dealer and said to him what i thought about this and he said oh sorry about that i will tell her she can have them for free as a good will gesture

when she comes to collect the car which he did,bloody cheek spend £10.000 and no mats.

skoda gave me free mats with mine but i did have to ask for them.

bill

They're not included and are around £25 for carpet ones. Not the best quality like most manuafacturers standard carpet mats. Rubber ones are dearer but this weather they obviously don't absorb the water from your footwear - they are easier to keep clean though.

It depends on the dealer and if you ask.

Not many of them will annoy a customer for £25 in my experience.

Bare in mind there a profit margin in there, they don't actually cost the dealer £25 anyway!

As you all pretty well know, they do not cost them £25,

but they will cost something, so lets say £12 per set to buy including VAT,

&

then the loss of the profit because they never sold them, so the loss for the gesture of free mats is not only £12.

But possibly well paid back by a happy customer or return customer

Economics made easy.

That mats, bunch of flowers or bottle of wine can pay its self or not, depends on if they can keep up the customer service.

george

I mentioned mats to our dealer and he offered to throw them in. I wanted the luxury carpet ones though, and was prepared to pay at least the difference, but when it came to it he gave them free front and back. I have the carpet ones from our old car on top front and back, which saves the new ones and should provide a little more sound insulation.

Got a set of rubber ones included with my Elegance 60, original citigo branded and mould to the contours on the footwell. i reckon it varies from dealer to dealer. needless to say im very happy with mine!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I am looking at carpet mats for the new arrival (hope next week). Failed to get a discount from the dealer so I think I can get better quality for the £31 quoted (that did included fitting :think: ).

My questions ;

Does the front passenger footwell have fixing pegs like the drivers side ?

Anyone purchased Citigo mats from the online shops yet and any recommendations ?

Hi. I am looking at carpet mats for the new arrival (hope next week). Failed to get a discount from the dealer so I think I can get better quality for the £31 quoted (that did included fitting :think: ).

My questions ;

Does the front passenger footwell have fixing pegs like the drivers side ?

Anyone purchased Citigo mats from the online shops yet and any recommendations ?

On left hand drive cars, only the driver side has pegs.

• 3 months later...

I believe mats come standard on the Sport.

We have had many cars through our time and have never and never will pay for things like mats,when we got our monte carlo I said we wish to have mats and the salesperson said no problem,however when it came to pick up time no mats,we did get them in the end but have to say it took the edge of the deal,which was a shame because all was well up to that point.