Snow foamed the yeti this afternoon

Yetigreenline2

I've got a pressure washer for the drive. I've thought about it for the car but, to be honest, it's such a ballsache getting the hose to fit on properly and not fall off every time you move it that I just don't bother. Am I missing a trick somewhere?

It shouldn't come off, faulty connection maybe?

I've just pressure washed my drivers mat, yes I removed it from the car first! I used the magifoam and scrubbed it into the mat then pressure washer again with clean water.

Waiting for it to dry but it should come up a treat. Meanwhile I discovered that the ramp/path at the back of the house had some moss on it that comes off nicely with pressure washer too :rock:

It shouldn't come off, faulty connection maybe?

I've just pressure washed my drivers mat, yes I removed it from the car first! I used the magifoam and scrubbed it into the mat then pressure washer again with clean water.

Waiting for it to dry but it should come up a treat. Meanwhile I discovered that the ramp/path at the back of the house had some moss on it that comes off nicely with pressure washer too :rock:

Hope you yeti arrives soon, you will have washed the inside of your house soon :rofl:. Or maybe you just like the vibrating feel of the pressure washer.

Another beer Bob

• Like 1

When the yeti arrives I will be polishing til there is no paint left probably :rofl:

Poor Juke has been neglected for best part of three years and now is getting some pampering before trade in.

I'm saying nothing about the second part of your post :giggle:

On the plus side....my yeti will be built this coming week. Maybe this is me nesting :blush:

• Like 4

I use a bucket and flexy brush. I cannot state with accuracy how many years that I have used them, it must be over 30 years; I have had no warranty problems whatsoever.

I thought that lances were used by knights in the middle ages and by present day medical staff, I have never found the need of one in cleaning my cars. :giggle:

Modern thinking is that by snow foaming you are not touching the car and therefore not causing scratches, swirls etc.

Even bucket washing is supposed to be with two buckets, the second one has clean water and sometimes a grid/dirt trap to prevent bits of grit from being introduced back to the paint.

My thinking is that snow foaming is easier for me to do :rock:

• Like 2

As of this year I snow foam too; and use the two buckets for the wash. Definitely reduces those annoying swirl marks that show up on sunny days. It is also entertaining creating waves of foam everywhere.

• Like 2

I use a bucket and flexy brush. I cannot state with accuracy how many years that I have used them, it must be over 30 years; I have had no warranty problems whatsoever.

I thought that lances were used by knights in the middle ages and by present day medical staff, I have never found the need of one in cleaning my cars. :giggle:

If thats what you use...fine

BUT....if you look in the sunlight or with a strong torch, your car will be covered in fine scratches called 'swirls'

If you change your regime to a less harsh alternative...like the one advocated, you will seriously reduce inflicting this damage

I would never use a brush or a bucket alone

• Like 2

Yep snow foaming is definetly satisfying when there is foam everywhere plastered on the car.

I even do my motorbikes with the snow foam now as it can get into places my brushes can't and pulls the dirt out my bikes have never looked so clean.

Yep snow foaming is definetly satisfying when there is foam everywhere plastered on the car.

I even do my motorbikes with the snow foam now as it can get into places my brushes can't and pulls the dirt out my bikes have never looked so clean.

I'll go along with all the praises for snow foaming the car but what effect does it have on the surface below the car? If I leave a mark on our newly laid block paved driveway I have to get the hoover out! :devil:

Fred

Re the Sonax Xtreme brilliant shine detailer, this stuff is the dogs bollix for repelling water and producing nice beading on the paintwork.

Easy to apply and in my case its on top of paintwork that has had no other wax/sealant applied in nearly three years.

I'm pretty sure I'll be applying it to my new yeti :rock:

Agree with you on that one Marie, a quality product, nearest one that comes near to it is Auto Glym Aqua wax. The only difference is you can use the AG product without having to dry down the Yeti.

Tony

• Like 1

If we are taking Quick Detailers, nothing comes close to Bilt Hamber QD....it can be used neat or diluted and also used to spray a wet car prior to drying off. It leaves a lovely slick shine. Sonax will have to be damned good to beat it IMO

• Like 1

I havent tried that one Chris as I'm new to detailing my car.

I read about the Sonax product and saw its rave reviews hence my purchase. I am suitably impressed with it but will have a look at the Bilt Hamber reviews for future reference.

Bought some of the Sonax QD stuff the other day and applied it according to the instructions. What I am not clear on is whether it needs polishing up with a dry cloth after spreading it out. Car looks good, its just seems far to easy!

Any views ?

I think a light wipe with a dry microfibre cloth is all that's required.

It is easy and looks great. Just snowfoamed my juke again today and can really see the difference this sealant makes. Water just glides off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just washed the Yeti yesterday afternoon for the second time with the pressure washer, so I can confirm water amount usage, by reading of the water counter before and after:

0.06995 m3 = 70 liters of water. This gives 10 min. total usage of the washer as it takes 420 liters / hour.

Quite reasonable when thinking about 6.25 m3 (6250 liters) per month it takes to water our 30 m2 lawn.

• Like 1

Just washed the Yeti yesterday afternoon for the second time with the pressure washer, so I can confirm water amount usage, by reading of the water counter before and after:

0.06995 m3 = 70 liters of water. This gives 10 min. total usage of the washer as it takes 420 liters / hour.

Quite reasonable when thinking about 6.25 m3 (6250 liters) per month it takes to water our 30 m2 lawn.

So just over 15 gals in old money, not bad at all for the job it does.

Just ordered from Autobritedirect . Went the the full Monty £76 package. The cars have stayed clean for about 2 weeks so as soon as it cools a little I will have a test wash.

Snowy has been snowfoamed this morning

9320384892_25428c5e57_b.jpg

9320384660_c165c73239_b.jpg

:o  :o  Take it back, the paint is running  :rofl: ,

Only had it 4 days and washing it already  :giggle: ,  I would bring mine up for you to do but just going out to a wedding  :cocktail:  :cocktail:  :beer:  :beer:  :coffee:

• Like 1