Decaf Coffee

kit

Morning all :)

Can anyone recommend a nice instant decaf coffee? One that doesnt have too much of a yucky after taste? Have tried a few but cant seem to fine a nice one!!

kit :)

kit, you mention instand and decaf in the same sentence.....

from an italian perspective....there is no such thing..

coffee should neither be instant or decaf, we call that brown water :rofl:

sorry i can't help!

• Like 2

ohhh my i nearly fell off my chair there but then i realised you were italian!!! ;) ;)

Its for in the office to keep me from being a complete caffine junkie!! At home its fresh ground beans and made on the hob :)

Kit :)

Morning all :)

Can anyone recommend a nice instant decaf coffee? One that doesnt have too much of a yucky after taste? Have tried a few but cant seem to fine a nice one!!

kit :)

That is the most complete oxymoron I have ever seen.

Instant is never as good as ground, decaf is never as good as regular. Nice decaf instant is impossible.

I normally drink mineral water at work for the same reasons.

Eeuch

Like alcohol free beer, none of them are very nice.

Illy do one now, I've not tried it but like their full fat stuff.

Ohh dont get me wrong...yup.. instant is pants but i only drink it because its easy at work and drinking decaf is the jail but i drink too much caffine during the day but still want coffee-ish taste.

K:)

+1 for Erdinger Weissbier

-1 for still being of no use to the OP :D

lol

still if he fancies an alcohol free beer, he is set!

• Like 1

I decided a few years ago that I was drinking too much caffeine in work. I now drink peppermint tea with a hint of liquorice,got enough taste and if I forget to drink it I still enjoy it cold. No worries about someone pinching your milk either.

I decided a few years ago that I was drinking too much caffeine in work. I now drink peppermint tea with a hint of liquorice,got enough taste and if I forget to drink it I still enjoy it cold. No worries about someone pinching your milk either.

or your drink....YUK :rofl:

thats my view with diet drinks, i hate them! i drink full fat pepsi when i fancy it on occasion, rather than diet stuff all the time, moderation and all that!

• Like 1

Herbal teas are just water with a funny smell. SWMBO buys 'em by the bucket load.

They taste rubbish even with a couple of shots of whiskey in them.

Buy a good espresso machine. You'll never go back to the cheap stuff.

• Like 1

I used to live on caffeine, but too much of it resulted in an irregular heart rate, so I gave up all caffeinated drinks completely.

I found the best decaf coffee to be Nescafe Alta Rica. Tastes a lot better than many non decaf instants. Tea wise, Yorkshire Tea Decaf, again tastes better than many "normal" teas.

Of course, nothing tastes the same as a proper cup freshly ground and brewed, but the above tastes at least as good as an average quality ground coffee. It is only when you get into the proper stuff that the real subtleties and delights begin.

Chris

Edited by Chris GB

Cheers Chris :) only on topic answer :) I'll give it a bash and see how it is. I dont want a coffee machine in the office and already drink a few herbal teas but need something with a good strong taste but just less caffine. As for diet drinks... second time this week i have tell someone to go and wash their mouth out with soapy water!!!...Diet drinks!! Behave yourself!!! :)

K:)

Drink proper coffee but drink less? Do you know how they decaf coffee ? Very bad solvents is used in the process , so just drink good quality Italian coffee why? Cos its the best

Italian coffee used to be the best. I would say now though with recent harvests Ethiopian has the best flavour, closely followed by PNG

That said, this morning I have mostly been drinking Kopi Luwak, Indonesian. Google it.