Rns 510 firmware upgrades

Hi there !

I have an RNS 510 fitted in my Octavia II Greenline 2012 it is version 3T0035680E HW61 SW3984 .

It is suffering battery drain through a bungled attempt at installing a software Video in Motion hack !

I have obviously messed with the Can settings and it now thinks it is an older version than it actually is !

To make matters worse I thought I would reinstate the Can settings by installing Firmware version 3984 from an

iso file I downloaded!

this stopped installing at the point where it upgrades MPEG ( must have been wrong firmware ) so I used the swl.fix disc !

Now I have version 3T003568C HW61 SW3984 showing when I hold down System button to get version information !

There is no sound too !

I am kicking myself because I thought I read 3T003568E on the Firmware update screen but as the E was far right of the screen it must have been a B !

If that makes sense !

Anyone know where I can get the 3T0035680E 3984 firmware (or 4020)

Any help and advice appreciated !

All is well problem solved !

Managed to install FW 3984 (thought it stuck at the mpeg update point it took ages ) but eventually all ok !

We will see if the battery drainage problem stops ! Rns510 fan shuts down ok ! But then it always has done !

The mpeg update is one of the longest, unless an error pops up always leave the unit alone otherwise you could end up with a door stop. Chances are it is still working at updating and not stuck.

The mpeg update is one of the longest, unless an error pops up always leave the unit alone otherwise you could end up with a door stop. Chances are it is still working at updating and not stuck.

I think your right ! It did have me sweating though! I've done it once so now I know !

http://www.vwwaterco...10-a-77102.html

DONT use the Australian/NZ version of firmware. If you check the thread, there is a link to a Euro specific firmware. it has video in motion enabled already and extra space for your music etc.

Thanks ! I 'll check this out carefully !

know what to expect from future updates !

Edited by coaster1

• 8 months later...

Has anyone tried Software / Firmware revision 5269 yet?

I've got a Rev C unit (3T0 035 680 A, HW: H05) which is currently running 2684, according to the label. I can't verify this for certain as I can't access the 'hidden' menu; holding down the Setup button for 30 seconds plus only gives me radio details and nothing else.

Alternatively, does anyone recommend any of the earlier revisions?

4020 will certainly work (its on mine) but I've not been convinced yet that any of the 5xxx firmware will definitely run on a 'C' revision 3T0...A Columbus.

When I am I'll upgrade as I believe it has radio text which I've missed having.

Skoda superb II 2009 elegance CR 170BHP. My Columbus did show on set up:

3T0035680A

HW - H11

SW - 2764

A helpful parts man at my local dealer (Plymouth) gave me a firmware disc that he said worked in his Octavia. I don't know what version it was but it said successful. However, still could not get 7 digit post codes and now the set up button only gives me the AM/FM. He then gave me a disc (both are skoda discs) with 4020 on it. This one came up with a downgrade error.

He is now checking to see if he can get a 37xx disc so I can try that one then put in the 4020, followed by V9 maps disc.

In case he cant get a 37xx is there any one out there who could lone me one?

Persevere through the downgrade error on the 4020.  Trying it a second time might work (that happened for a member on here today!).  If not, you can set something in the setup menu to allow software downgrade (you are not downgrading, but you just need to convince the HU to load the disc).

Adam 

Try rebooting the Comumbus between attempts (<, > & i).

If the disc wipes out VIM it also wipes out the secret menu (but this can be reactivated with VCDS).

It looks like yours is on 2764 and might not like going straight to 4020 as it is reported that it is necessary to go to 3xxx to create three partitions before going on to 4xxx.

I've a disc that I know works (37xx & 4020) and I know several people who have used this to go straight to 4020 without 3xxx first.

PM me details if you'd like to borrow it.

It may be that Skoda official discs need to 'stick to the rules'.

Personal message, through the menu at the top right of the page.  Someone will confirm but I can't remember if there is a post count requirement before you can use it??

Firmware discs going in the post when our Post Office opens.

Fingers crossed.

Even with known good discs it may still be necessary to activate a 'downgrade' before installing the new firmware.

If you have a 3T0 (no suffix) adamal will be able to advise better than me on which firmware you'll need.

• 3 months later...

I'm currently running a 3T0........A with 1304 firmware

Any ideas what I could upgrade to?

It's running fine and has the secret menu, so I don't want to b*gger it up

The menu has possibly been activated with vcds then. Anyway you can go to 4 series but in terms of which we need to know which unit you have. Can you post the full secret menu detail? I suspect at least 4120 is possible.

Cheers

Adam

The menu has possibly been activated with vcds then. Anyway you can go to 4 series but in terms of which we need to know which unit you have. Can you post the full secret menu detail? I suspect at least 4120 is possible.

Cheers

Adam

I'll get onto it tomorrow  :)

I'm currently running a 3T0........A with 1304 firmware

Any ideas what I could upgrade to?

It's running fine and has the secret menu, so I don't want to b*gger it up

4020 without issue. Mine is the same part number and is on that.

Download from 'My GTi' and it will also enable the hidden menu & VIM.

There is a download to remove VIM but it also disables the menu. Although this can be reactivated with VCDS.

Thanks, Adam

My Columbus is running 2724. It's working fine, and does everything I need -- so I ain't fixing it when it ain't broken!

Mike

Cheers, Mike, that is running through my mind, Im not sure what, if anything, I'll gain

4020 without issue. Mine is the same part number and is on that.

Download from 'My GTi' and it will also enable the hidden menu & VIM.

There is a download to remove VIM but it also disables the menu. Although this can be reactivated with VCDS.

Thanks - I've got 4020 running on an LED version in my Fabia, but the Octavia is a bit older

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm new to this forum, can anybody tell me how I get the firmware details of my RNS510 unit, my unit was bought second hand and it doesn't display radio or sat nav details on the maxidot display on the dash.

Skoda Octavia 2006 VRS 2.0 petrol