whats your "other" car?

pikachu24

Don't drink and don't smoke, have only one child who doesn't eat or go out much... oh... and a low maintenance swmbo.

Ah that will do it. We drink but only ocasionally, don't smoke either but have 2 young kids, one still in nursery and SWMBO only works 2 days a week. Also living in an expensive part of the country with below average wages wont help I suppose.

< This.

It actually looks a bit worse now unfortunately but that because its doing what is is designed to do. Well not hit trees but you know what i mean. The trees keep getting in the way.

Hasnt been out since wee one came along and desparately needs some TLC but the sad thing is its getting the heave ho as house extensions are on the cards and half the garage is getting transformed into other things. Sad days.

There is a possibility of storing it at a mates house in the country so fingers crossed its not goodbye for ever.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

My main driver is this one (wide angle lens distorted the steering wheel honest :D )

7544497172_fbec7b3833_b.jpg

New Merc-3 by Geordie Amanda, on Flickr

7544624252_f830ea3edc_b.jpg

New Merc-19 by Geordie Amanda, on Flickr

Even push bikes seem faster :(

Your worth a pretty penny hey ha ha.

Nice merc

7544649232_61b9733bd7_b.jpg

New Merc-21 by Geordie Amanda, on Flickr

7544663624_54e78d9493_b.jpg

New Merc-22 by Geordie Amanda, on Flickr

7544684220_f8b4cd168c_b.jpg

New Merc-24 by Geordie Amanda, on Flickr

And this one by the geese! is my other car. A 2.4 3dr Suzy Grand Vitara (nothing Grand about it though)

8468831429_9061d4af24_b.jpg

my Suzy by Geordie Amanda, on Flickr

The main one is a C350 CDi AMG Sport Plus to give it it's full and slightly silly name

You gotta have some money!!! Nice merc

Edited by degsyvrs

As my 190C is currently hibernating, my current "other car" alternates between a 1976 (I think. First year RHD model) Volvo 245 and the tinker project, a Mercedes Sprinter with a modified Toyota Prius engine.

The cops are actually nice enough to overlook the illegal engine since I'm being environmental friendly. One of them actually test drove it the other day. Its not often you see a cop smile when driving an illegal car. Smile vanished when the turbo kicked in though... Maybe I should've warned him?

love the merc elanor, I am seriously tempted by the new A-class, looks sooo nice, especially the new AMG version ;) unfortunatly too expensive for me :(

Thanks. I've read a few reviews of the A Class and it is praised for many things, excepts it's ride quality, which is said to be diabolical :( The full fat AMG looks very serious and a little bit cross :o Now if they did a 3.0 tdi, that would sound interesting, if a little nose heavy :D

Edited by Lady Elanore

AMG as a daily, nice!

I'd love an off roader more than a track car.

Mines a semi skimmed AMG. Can't afford the petrol on the full fat version :( :D Mind you they (C63) are just about affordable on the great PCPs on offer at the moment, it's just that it would have to sit on the drive and be polished. Having said that, I drove the Suzuki on a 200 trip recently (into a strong headwind) and averaged 22 mpg!!!!!! that was keeping the speed around 75 or less. :o

Spot on. Often when I am out on my bike, I stop to pass out on the seat where the picture was taken from :D

know it well and everything painted NT red.

Prefer tea and cakes at Lavender/Dog farm than coughing my guts up outside the church though.

AMGs must be good on PCP at the moment as there's a few parked on the road at night round here.

love the merc elanor, I am seriously tempted by the new A-class, looks sooo nice, especially the new AMG version ;) unfortunatly too expensive for me :(

Avoid the auto gearbox and its a great car. My sister sold her FL-2008 A-Class and bought 2013 A-Class. The damn thing jerks around like it's having a seizure. Its great once you're in gear, though. My 30 something-ish year old Volvo auto with 250k miles shifts smoother.

Edited by DaKKs_152

Owning a car for 15 years is impressive!

It's a good car and it makes me smile everytime I drive it - why get rid?

I've had the Fabia since March 2001 as well - that's 12 years...

How do you guys keep so many nice cars on the road

Work hard and don't give in to pressure to get rid just because kids arrive on the scene and SWMBO gives up work - cut your cloth to suit instead!

know it well and everything painted NT red.

Prefer tea and cakes at Lavender/Dog farm than coughing my guts up outside the church though.

AMGs must be good on PCP at the moment as there's a few parked on the road at night round here.

Do you know, I've never been to the tea room. I love tea! Must pay a visit this year :)

PCPs on Mercs have been very very good for the last 6 months or more. Possibly not quite as sharp as when I got mine in Summer, but still excellent. A comparable new-style BMW 330D might be a slightly better car to drive (although not on the motorway) but it would have been around £200 per month more!!!!!!