whats your "other" car?

pikachu24

Fabia as the daily/track car

Classic Fiat 500L in restoration (hopefully ready for the summer!)

Technically not mine (Father's) but I do get to use it when it's dry. Aston Martin V8 Coupe (5.3L)

Loving the 500, got a bit of a soft spot for these, an iconic piece of kit in terms of style

Not got a second car as I'm pi55 poor :D Got full use of SWMBO's MkV LHD Golf though. Had that up to 225K/h on a stretch between Hamburg and Hanover last year :happy: I rarely drive that though as she's 'horsey' so it always smells of horse, is caked in horse hair, the ashtrays overflowing, there's a mushroom growing in the passenger rear footwell (it's got a Fabia leaky door seal issue methinks :think: ) and there's about 20 empty Coke bottles in the passenger front footwell. She's not really to fussed about keeping it clean TBH :D It does go well though and is mechanically sound, 170HP IIRC. She's chopping it in this year, I hope for something from Czech :clap:

post-73816-0-93693800-1361011104_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Let's not get onto off roaders or I'll have to dig some pics out of my 10 years of Land Rover ownership. :D

Go on then, i can tell your dying to :p

Fabia as the daily/track car

8473306623_baba1129c6.jpg

Classic Fiat 500L in restoration (hopefully ready for the summer!)

8473318147_a659ae7801.jpg

Technically not mine (Father's) but I do get to use it when it's dry. Aston Martin V8 Coupe (5.3L)

8473309401_e2d0af3fb2.jpg8474410542_5db23b168f.jpg

What wheels are they on your fabia? they look ace!

Thats also my fave Aston! :love: lucky man!

I also love the 500's, this is my freinds one i took some photo's of at Vdub in the pub last summer:

150730_362884770426198_1596043329_n.jpg

581677_362884823759526_1508943580_n.jpg

• Like 3

Go on then, i can tell your dying to :p

What wheels are they on your fabia? they look ace!

Thats also my fave Aston! :love: lucky man!

I also love the 500's, this is my freinds one i took some photo's of at Vdub in the pub last summer:

150730_362884770426198_1596043329_n.jpg

581677_362884823759526_1508943580_n.jpg

The wheels on my fabia are a VW wheel called Evolo :thumbup:

That's a cracking little 'bambino' your friend has, I'm really looking forward to going to some classic shows this year. Have to avoid steep hills though!! :D

• Like 1

Some very nice so far. I like threads like this as I get to show off my toy, and feel pretty smug as I feel my fleet isn't bad for a student :rock:

So here is my daily, load lugger to and from uni etc, coilovers to go on after degree is finished and will be back in a house with a dropped curb!

c528b8a86d4111e29a4b22000a1fb593_7.jpg

Then my toy that I have owned since I was 15, full nut and bolt rebuild, with all welding and panel replacement done by myself and the old man, never finished, constant money pit but wouldn't change it for the world. Ex-missus didn't appreciate it, I wonder what she is doing now :rofl:

1987 Austin Mini. Originally a Mayfair but now with many mods including a pretty well sorted mg metro 1275. More of a retro look soon to be achieved with some group 2 arches and various period additions.

309120_10152135413870451_1573409962_n.jpg

And this winters work on it consisted of a small engine rebuilt and full clean and repaint. Almost complete in this picture apart form missing its new red ht leads, oil filler cap, and silicon hoses :kiss:

4d5081be74a111e2901022000a9e13ab_7.jpg

• Like 4

Some very nice so far. I like threads like this as I get to show off my toy, and feel pretty smug as I feel my fleet isn't bad for a student :rock:

So here is my daily, load lugger to and from uni etc, coilovers to go on after degree is finished and will be back in a house with a dropped curb!

Then my toy that I have owned since I was 15, full nut and bolt rebuild, with all welding and panel replacement done by myself and the old man, never finished, constant money pit but wouldn't change it for the world. Ex-missus didn't appreciate it, I wonder what she is doing now :rofl:

1987 Austin Mini. Originally a Mayfair but now with many mods including a pretty well sorted mg metro 1275. More of a retro look soon to be achieved with some group 2 arches and various period additions.

And this winters work on it consisted of a small engine rebuilt and full clean and repaint. Almost complete in this picture apart form missing its new red ht leads, oil filler cap, and silicon hoses :kiss:

GTFO.png

How can a scummy student afford all that? haha

• Like 1

How can a scummy student afford all that? haha

I'm not sure myself somedays but I think its a combination of working like a slave over many summers before uni and then going out less than most! Can't wait until the mini is back together so I can spam some more improved pictures, may even start my own other projects thread.

• Like 1

Im loving some of the classics........ I myself have this 1977 Mini Clubman 1098 which is my baby, its in totally original condition which is rare for a clubman! I was using it as my everyday car but decided to give it a rest and buy a fabia 2.0.

The picture is from a Mini Show at Blenheim Palace....

SDC17143.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

A summer toy really and sooooo tiring on long journeys, but so much fun on country lanes and in the sun roof down.

magnus1.jpg

magnus3.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 years later...