2013 Fiesta ST

As the new Octavia has been released (and I expect the Fabia will follow suit soon) the current Fabia VRS now looks completely dated and expensive next to the competition.

I expect that Ford wont hide behind excuses if their engines use oil by the bucket :blush:

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/288643/2013_ford_fiesta_st_review_and_pictures.html

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/fiesta-st-2013/

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/2013-ford-fiesta-st-review/265396

The seats are nice, but the dash is horrid. Not sure how it makes the current VRS expensive though, when you can pick a new one up from the dealers at a little over £14k

The seats are nice, but the dash is horrid. Not sure how it makes the current VRS expensive though, when you can pick a new one up from the dealers at a little over £14k

Let's forget about 0% 'deals', look at the list price.

Horrid dash ? Everyone to their own opinions, but this interior makes the Fabia look like a car from the 80's :giggle:

Would love to have ago in that ST. Bet it would handle way sweeter than the vRS! Not keen on the idea of a "sound symposer" tho. Isn't that engine noise being played through the speakers?!

Torque figure is good. Not sure I it will live to its mpg figures rofl :)

At £17k its cheap but vrs is cheaper and, as you say we are due a new fabia :)

Exactly and the Fiesta ST is based on a car that has already been around 4 years whereas the Fabia replacement will be totally new.

Not sure on the interior, guy at at work has the titanium version and the dash is all shiny and hard scratchy plastic. its a 10 plate and its already scratched. To me it looks like its passed through the Halfords accessory department and picked up everything on the way. Your stuck with the factory Stereo, and Ford headunits are not that great unless you pay for a costly satnav upgrade.

The cars used in the reviews have more than 1K of extras bumping the cost to 20K+. Paint, painted brake calipers, grey painted alloy wheels, satnav etc.

• Like 1

The engine and chassis look brilliant to me.

But I really don't like the look of it at all. Looks like a group of lads from McDonald's car park have designed it! but that's my opinion....

If the Ford looks the way you painted it, (poor Jeremy Clarkson quote on a Lancer EVO BTW) then the current VRS interior looks like it went through a charity shop.

Skoda will be left behind as usual being late to the party. The new VRS will most likely appear in 2015 (as the new car is rumoured for 2014) and there hands will be tied by VW on how good the car will look, inside & out.

If the Polo GTi looks mediocre (and it does in this model) then Skoda will not be allowed to spoil the company's 'image'. At least the Ford doesn't have that issue.

I'm going on 45 and think it looks WAY better than the VRS. Guess I need to eat out more often ..... :happy:

The wife has a cooking model Fiesta, and I couldn't swear a standard vRS handles any better, even allowing for the fact I'm probably taking bends, roundabouts slightly quicker. I can only imagine a suspension-upgraded and extra-herbed Fiesta would be a lot of fun.

That Fiesta looks like a top bit of kit.

Id bet a fair amount of money that the chassis will be eons ahead of the Fabia vRS and in all honesty i wouldnt be surprised if its still better than the proposed new model Fabia vRS when that gets released in a few years. The Seats look amazing, I think the interior looks much better than the fabia, the exterior design looks a million times better than the vRS, 214lbft of torque from 1500-5000rpm is very good and substantially more than the vRS so expect a much stronger midrange.

Its got alot going for it.

I wander if it burns oil....lol

I had a go in the last generation Focus ST, man it was fast, handles like a dream. I'd love an ST. I couldn't live with the 20mpg though in the end, so decided against it.

However, the newer Focus ST or Fiesta ST would be very nice propositions.

I had a Fabia vRS that was partial to oil so that went too.

Would love to have ago in that ST. Bet it would handle way sweeter than the vRS! Not keen on the idea of a "sound symposer" tho. Isn't that engine noise being played through the speakers?!

There are no speakers involved. It's a valve/moving part that allows real noise into the cabin.

Better get the real deal then, the Focus ST. Again not great on the looks but performance-wise it's great and quite spacey. I've certainly been tempted after I saw it in Geneva 2 weeks ago although in reality I am not changing the vRS until the 5 years of (extended) warranty run out.

If the Ford looks the way you painted it, (poor Jeremy Clarkson quote on a Lancer EVO BTW) then the current VRS interior looks like it went through a charity shop.

Skoda will be left behind as usual being late to the party. The new VRS will most likely appear in 2015 (as the new car is rumoured for 2014) and there hands will be tied by VW on how good the car will look, inside & out.

If the Polo GTi looks mediocre (and it does in this model) then Skoda will not be allowed to spoil the company's 'image'. At least the Ford doesn't have that issue.

I'm going on 45 and think it looks WAY better than the VRS. Guess I need to eat out more often ..... :happy:

I wouldn't know as I don't watch/listen to anything he has to say. Was just my opinion. Like I said looks a technically brilliant car. I'm just not a fan of the looks, although the interior does look good.

I wouldn't know as I don't watch/listen to anything he has to say. Was just my opinion. Like I said looks a technically brilliant car. I'm just not a fan of the looks, although the interior does look good.

I referred to the post above yours :mmm:

The wife tested a new 125bhp Fiesta S Ecoboost, just after testing a 105bhp Monte.

She preferred the Monte dynamically. She said it was (seat of the pants dyno) sluggish compared to the Monte.

Hence the vRS order, rather than one of Henry's.

Don't really know how I got to order the vRS instead of the Monte.

Mike

I've driven my wife's Ford Fiesta many times and I must say too that it handles very well, much better in some cases than my Fabia and one more thing - I guess a detail but still plays a big role - the seating position is just exceptional.

Why don't you stop trolling and go buy a Fiesta ST then?

Looks hideous. Looks like someone has bought an Aston grill and stuck it on to try and make it look like an aston...

5611.vw_2D00_beetle_2D00_rolls.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

I must admit I'm very tempted by the new Fiesta ST but could I live without the DSG ?. I need to change my Vrs by December 2014 and I don't think the new Fabia Vrs will be out by then so at the moment the Fiesta looks the best bet, even with it's boy racer looks.