Carry on Yeti

MCAMRA

"I will get my coat"

Hopefully that means you really are leaving this time because you are unbelievably tedious.

That remark not really called for is it?

Give the guy a break - he was just expressing his opinion like we all do on here.

• Like 3

Yep...big sigh.....I dont see many women (or....'SWMBO'....Mary Whitehouse would be so proud of such a term !) coming to my defense....but how many 96574 Briskoda members are women ???.....a lot of 'Kenneth Williams'...maybe !!!

Please can the frustrated people just stop. I hate the aggressive sexist stuff that is called banter. But right I do ignore it. But no more. This attack on a valid point of view is really uncalled for

She says fully expecting to be flamed because I am a newbie and have stuck my head above the parapet. Length of time on a forum means everyone is used to your idiosyncrasies. But it doesn't give you the right to flame or hound / insult people. Yes it may be worse elsewhere but when is that ever an acceptable excuse.

Edited by RBrocky
  • Like 4

How do we know our friend from SKYE is a female? There are people who love to disrupt forums deliberately, but it's very difficult to prove.

And if the last poster is female, didn't you all want to be treated equally?

How do we know our friend from SKYE is a female? There are people who love to disrupt forums deliberately, but it's very difficult to prove.

A little unfair and if you follow the link in her signature probably unworthy-or a truly remarkable piece of preparation. Your troll radar may be better aligned on your other post :happy:

• Like 2

MarieK, I wasn't accusing you of being disruptive, just how do we know who is male or female on here. I apologise if it came across wrong. There is one poster on here recently who is doing exactly what I've mentioned.

Enjoy your Yeti when it comes, and everyone gets some flak on here sometimes, don't let it get to you.

• Like 2

Apology accepted Anzio.

I can take a bit of flak with the next person, indeed its water off a ducks back. I just felt that I seemed to be the one getting singled out on this thread and wanted to defend myself before anyone else decided to add their tuppenceworth.

Lets draw a line under this and move on :thumbup:

• Like 1

Gone sailing.

no eating to many beans and providing your own wind to sail with, don't want you done for speeding on the water :devil: :devil: :rofl: :rofl:

ok

i'm off to your corner to keep it warm til you get back, see you later bob :kiss:

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 2

In my view there is no moral issue but the current volume is approaching tedious. certainly no reason to get het up.

That seems an accurate assessment to me. I'm not offended by it, it just seems to be taking the forum over and pushing the on-topic contributions out as a result.

Edited by Sporky McGuffin
  • Like 3

I just think there's a medical problem a lot of people on lots of forums have, not just ths one where they have developed an inability to keep things to themselves.

So to those people, maybe when you spot some euphemistic expression or innuendo that you find hysterically funny, perhaps just keep it to yourself, laugh inside but realise that not everyone else actually gives a damn, and mst definitely not everyone else thinks it, or you, are particularly humorous.

I work in the realm of new IT education & we're all still learning these things & the social conventions of using them. It's often said that people should just ignore things they don't want to see, read or hear but the isn't how life is in public, with rights come responsibilities & believe it or not, in no country in the world do its citizens have the right to free speech, without potential consequences for speaking out of turn. It is unfair to punish those who don't like hearing something if at the same time you don't address those that say things others don't like.

So anyway, if you find something hysterical & want to post some equally hysterical double entendre back, perhaps just think to yourself, if you actually were hysterically funny you'd be on stage at the Apollo; but you're not.

• Like 2

I personally blame Skoda UK....

if there weren't so many people out there waiting for delivery, build dates or warranty information, then instead of having a laugh whilst waiting for news, there would instead be a plethora of new threads about when to order winter tyres, bike racks and putting music onto cards for bolero and then instead of cheeky jokes as responses, we would just have cries of 'use the search function'.

Anyway, I'm off cycling(thanks to my former roof bars thread) or possibly just to finally put my knee out of it's suffering...

then instead of having a laugh

But is it so wrong to take a light-hearted jovial approach to life? (that's a genuine question)

If we could have a choice between eliminating all risque humour so that noone can take offence & the whole world lightening up a bit, I know which option I would choose. I also know, from the style of responses, which forum members I would like to share a beer with.

• Like 4

But is it so wrong to take a light-hearted jovial approach to life? (that's a genuine question)

Not at all IMHO, however what people do need to realise is that what they think is funny, might not be funny to anyone else. And more so it could be frustrating the hell out of people that want to have a serious, deep and meaningful conversation online.

We all need to respect one another's right to their own life and their own style and approach to life, and realise that many don't want to be "lighthearted and jovial" online, so not force our views or our nature onto them.

If we want to be lighthearted and jovial then perhaps it's best to do that in private with those specific people we "would like to share a beer with." And not force it on others.

I never take offence Marie, don't worry, it's just the internet for me, and I'm usually laughing at anything I write or read on it :)

It's certainly a good point you make, however what I would say is that if someone reads the site's Terms and Conditions, there are certain things that repeat throughout them.

They say, "This isn’t a ‘freedom of speech site’" ... "Posting is a privilege, not a right." ... "the prime aim is to help provide information and resources." ... amongst others.

So personally I can understand why people who come on here for serious discussion and information get frustrated by people constantly making the same tedious innuendos over and over again in each thread. It must drive some people mad that their conversations are being usurped by others, so I do personally understand why the OP felt the need to make this thread.

I just think some people ought to maybe think of others from time to time before they post. You are completely right Marie, this forum is not a church, but at the same time is not a Social Network like Facebook either where you're conversations are mainly with existing 'friends'; it's a Forum, those things are very different.

As the site T&C s go on to say, "Respect is the name of the game. Do not flame, hound, badger, disrespect, or taunt ANYONE on the forums."

• Like 1

I agree- nerd exchanges are dull as ditchwater, I come here because I have an interest in Skoda and in particular the Yeti but I quite enjoy the easy going and light hearted side of the forum.

I have searched for and found useful information on other subjects and once I have found an answer I have happily closed the link with no wish to return. The briskoda forums have a community feel-if ever they turned into the vehicle for exchange of on topic information only I'd treat them like an online database which might be a once or twice a year need.

There is a variety of personality and character here-The only IT forums I have visited ( Apple and an android ones one) seemed not to involve either -I can't say that is so of all IT sites.

• Like 1

Me? I am looking forward to finally getting a build week for my car, collecting it and showing off some images on the forum of my new monster with nice backdrops. If that's ok with you :hi:

And looking at your other excellent photos, your yeti photos are going to be something special, :thumbup:

• Like 1

quoting the rules! This is getting out of hand now, did the forum move to north korea?

"You can't please all of the people all of the time" so why try?

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Moving on then.................

• Like 1