Yellow do I go there?

I have changed my mind just reading this thread. The examples look really good, including the estate youve seen and as you're planning on keeping it, resale is not an issue. A mate of mine has a pre fl vrs hatch in Newport, and his looks good too but not as good as these. I could ask him to show you it if its of any interest and not too far for you.

Adam

They're easy to find in car parks.

True. I went to an event at Donnington. I came out of the track, looked do the hill on the mass of blue/grey/silver/black cars and thought "There's mine". I remember chuckling to myself as i walked past a chap who quite obviously had no idea where his car was.

Small children love them.

The Octavia was the second yellow car i'd had. The first was a Mk2 (1993) MR2. My neighbours kid (about 9) told me it was "the coolest car ever!".

I am a bit eccentric though.

Join the club.....

IMG_2745.JPG

Yellow FTW !!

Not that I am biased.

These days with all the popular colours like white, black, silver and ten shades of grey it's like living in black and white.

Nice to see some colour! :D

• Like 3

Anybody else think that yellow needs to be combined with a dechrome to carry it off properly? Same with any other bright colour really although Race Blue does work with chrome too.

Some years ago the Swedish ski team ran some bright yellow (Imola?) Audi estates with matching roof boxes. Stunning.

I think the black Neptunes make a big difference to the vRS, know they arent everyones cup of tea but I dont think I could have bought one without them. Butches the vRS up a bit like the 18" monza shadows and charleston shadows do the Golf GTi and GTD. I reckon the yellow car would look good with black wheels.

• Like 1

Yes, that's your fault. :D

:giggle: I'm glad I helped you with your decision!

Chris, the black wheels look great with yellow did you buy them from Skoda like that or do them yourself?

• Like 1

Go and see the car, you will know straight away if you like it or not. I like the yellow as it is rarer, all I ever see is race blue VRS. I have a red VRS and to be honest I always said to myself I'd never buy a red car, however when I saw my car I loved it.

I also thought the VRS in green would look awful, however again I have seen a couple of them with black alloys and they look really smart.

Go and see the car and you will know straight away.

i went to a vw meet once - many people commented on how nice the yellow on the octavia was, as opposed to the yellow on golf gti pirelli edition, and polo gti.

the shade of yellow on the pirelli edition is much lighter.

when i placed the order for the yellow, i was sure i was gonna "blacken" it - gunmetal/black rims, rear diffuser, front splitter, black side skirts, etc etc.

2+ yrs now, and i love the way it looks - just the way it is. all i've done is lower its stance a bit.

i'm keeping it like this.

meanwhile, here is an example of yellow with "black highlights"......

davidau4.jpg

davidau8.jpg

davidau10.jpg

davidau12.jpg

Yellow cars have been proven to be statistically less likely (by a small but apparently measurable amount) to be involved in collisions. Even better than bright red apparently.

Although I try to never let my work intrude on my interests, I would like to point you fine people to an academic study of this very phenomena. I've not read it in full as yet, but the conclusion is that white is statistically a (significantly) safer colour than any other.

3rd party Summary: http://www.familycar.com.au/app/articles/articles/view/what-is-the-safest-car-colour

You can get the full report here: http://www.monash.edu.au/miri/research/reports/muarc263.html

YESSS!!!

The new mk3 VRS is available in yellow!

Along with Green and Grey (urgh, really?!) they are the 3 signature colours for the VRS.

The missus is going to be proper ****ed off when I tell her tonight!

Can you post a picture up of your missus, please, as I'm guessing she might be 'available' in about 12 months time :)

Seriously though, SWMBO detests my JPS with a passion, but she's resigned herself to the fact that it's not going to change, so if you like it, go for it

• Like 2

Should have said go for it buy the yellow vrs you won't regret it I should know I've had 3.but to many people in my town had the same idea.so it was time to sell plus, I didn't like the derv so went back to proper fuel ;-).