Top boost pipe replacement DIY :)

Want to try to order this set up ASAP only issue is don't know what 51mm pipe to go for as original link is no longer available, can anyone tell me if this is this the same thing

http://bit.ly/1jKMDQR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats a 45 degree pipe I'm sure it's 75 degree you need, I got a 70 degree as couldn't find 75

Thanks for pointing that out must have copied the wrong thing... Yea I can't find a 75 either, is 70 okay? Any idea how long the pipe needs to be might email a couple of companies as ideally want a lip /bead on each end to help secure pipes! I think I have figured out all over parts now just need to decide to go darkside or allard egr delete!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

hi all just read most of this its really good. could you tell me if you have had any problems with the pipes popping off?

just got a quote from for all the intercooler pipes and it comes to just under £500 witch i think is a joke. i dont own a skoda but i have the same engine and the lay out of the pipes look the same.

has anyone done a diy for the turbo pipe to the intercooler if so what size connectors would i need?

2 questions:

1.will that 70 degree pipe be ok 

2. and is it the right length, it's quoted at 500mm long.

70 degree pipe is fine.  The length is to long it needs to be cut down a bit to get it to fit correctly. i had to cut mine to get it to fit

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've made the boost pipe kit following the original post and also some of the most recent posts

Only difference from the first post is that I've used a 70degree bend other than that I've used all the bits mentioned in the first post

The only issue I've got is the little black box which is on the left hand side is squashing the 90 degree bend pipe

I've seen some pics on here and the little black box is no where near the silicone piping

Just wondering if anyone know whats the crack with mine

post-99563-0-79751000-1402827404_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

AS above cut pipe down,do it sooner rather than later,as these engines have quite a bit of movement in use and it will soon knacker that pipe :)

If I remember correctly the standard 90degree bend which was on before I removed it, never touched the black box

Isit worth getting a pipe similar size the to standard one

If I remember correctly the standard 90degree bend which was on before I removed it, never touched the black box

Thats because the standard one had a shorter straight piece after bend.

Just get a nice new blade in your stanley knife and cut down your silicone one :)

No, it it needs cut. I took loads of my ASH hoses to get it to fit.

Use a jubilee/mikalor cip as a guide on the silicone and knife it

After i done my top boost pipe and seeing how bad my bottom one was i decided to make my own bottom one up here's a few pictures of how it looks

06212014_011251pm_zpsc077809b.jpg

06212014_011239pm_zpsa6e2031f.jpg

06212014_010327pm_zps640e4a90.jpg

06212014_010312pm_zps7f66b529.jpg

these pictures where taken while i was making sure it all fitted ok :)

• Like 1

two 51mm silicone bends 90degree, couplers where 60-51mm and a 50-51mm both couplers bought from creationsmotorsport_uk on ebay, the metal pipe my old man got from his work thats a 90 bend 51mm .  the silicone bends need a lot of cutting down to fit.  First time i tried the car the coupler on the bottom of the intercooler popped out this was due to me not cutting the silicone hose back far enough which was not allowing the coupler to sit in correctly. This had now been sorted and has not popped off again :)

im looking for the lower boost pipe (the 90 degree bend) do you think i could just replace that pipe with a 90 degree bend and 2 connectors from that ebay shop?

as the genuine part is over £100 for a little pipe... £50 sounds like a better deal for a stronger pipe.

Cheers

Daz 

ordered one from a company in turkey in the end, its on the way here from DHL at the moment, (was £54 delivered)

Forge make one but will not sell it on its own, they only sell the full kit.

So the 64mm -61mm couple joins into the egr, then 90degree reducing pipe... Then 51mm pipe into 45degree silicone pipe into the 60-51mm coupler then into the intercooler?

Edited by Tombo1

• 2 months later...