Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

First time Skoda Owner. 2016 VRS 4X4 DSG. Black edition I think - everything is black inside and out. Moved across from a 2017 Tuscon as it drove like a boat and hopefully I can get my partner to drive this as it's auto and she had no intention of driving a manual. So far so good, as I only have it 2 weeks but am already looking at a remap as I hear this engine and gearbox are pretty solid overall.

Car.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I got this beauty last week & i'm a big fan so far. Plenty of power & handles dirt roads with ease.

I have a couple of niggles I'll be asking about shortly though, just trying to find the right thread to post to.

2015 Octavia Scout 4x4 2.0 TDI. 

IMG_4775.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

After the earlier than planned demise of my 2011 Superb Elegance Estate (it was going to happen next summer anyway due to bloody ULEZ expansion!), I'm about to take delivery of a, new to me, 2018 vRS 2.0 TDI 184 PS DSG Estate. I've already got a list of retrofits I'd like to investigate such as heated electric folding mirrors, black pack grill surround and a tow bar. It went well on the test drive and is obviously a totally different drive to my previous Superb - looking forward to many more Skoda (s)miles...

2144966591_20221210_104551(Large).thumb.jpg.d366b7d876b8703ec19474771fd96419.jpg

1358269752_20221210_104606(Large).thumb.jpg.ab7d2227ecb87ad2fa5bcbdefbd909ff.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the upcoming ulez expansion, I finally said goodbye to my 2003 skoda octavia diesel. What a waste, it coukd of gone on for many more years! Despite lots of pressure to change to a Mercedes or BMW or Audio, I stuck to my guns and upgraded to a 2019 Skoda Octavia petrol 😁 

Bit of a getting used to from diesel to petrol nd trying to find the right driving seat position but I love it! Especially the sound system with bass, electric windows and AC...I never had this before!!! Here is a pic from dealership but its in energy blue so I love how bright the colour is amongst all the black, white and grey that I see on my road. 

20221222_205406.thumb.jpg.cb45187464d715b1b2ee5526966adfa3.jpg

10 minutes ago, Michaeldavis39 said:

What size engine is it? I have a 1.4 tsi 2015 and I really like the smoothness and acceleration - amazing for such a small engine😀

Pretty amazing that you get almost as many horses as a small-block V8 from the 80s.

When I was young and starting out in motorsport, turbo-charged, DOHC, 16-valve, fuel-injected engines were really exotic machines.

Its 1.5TSI. The first time I drove it k felt like I was floating along the road on clouds compared to my 2003 wher enough feel everything!

I am struggling a bit moving off from junctions quickly and bunny hopping. Seen on the forum they call it the kangaroo effect. I did wonder what those revs where before biting point kicks in and understand it now. So just going to keep making a few tweaks to just smooth out going from 1sr to 2nd gear. That is the one thing I miss about my old car I could just jump into any gap but with this newer one I'm much slower at it whilst I get the hang of the changes

2 minutes ago, TranceNav said:

Its 1.5TSI. The first time I drove it k felt like I was floating along the road on clouds compared to my 2003 wher enough feel everything!

I am struggling a bit moving off from junctions quickly and bunny hopping. Seen on the forum they call it the kangaroo effect. I did wonder what those revs where before biting point kicks in and understand it now. So just going to keep making a few tweaks to just smooth out going from 1sr to 2nd gear. That is the one thing I miss about my old car I could just jump into any gap but with this newer one I'm much slower at it whilst I get the hang of the changes

I guess only time will tell - but I'm not convinced the 1.5 TSI COD engine is an improvement on the 1.4. 

3 minutes ago, Michaeldavis39 said:

Skoda quote the Octavia 1.4tsi having 140bhp- no way is this right. Having erm followed a one year old Range Rover Evoque P300 who was trying hard to accelerate away from me I kept up with him quite surprisingly- yet the figures say his car accelerates around a second faster to 60mph.

From 2015, the 1.4 is quoted as 150PS (about 148 BHP) But I believe some have seen higher figures (stock) on a Dyno. 

11 hours ago, Michaeldavis39 said:

Well after the dieselgate saga nothing surprises me- for fun I fill up every now and then with Premium unleaded as these engines love that stuff 😄

There can be a small gain made by using 98 or 99 RON fuel - I usually see a few MPGs more when used, which I think balances the increased cost.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey all new to the forum have had a  my17 superb Sportline  estate in black that in swapped for a Cupra 300 and now back to a Octavia 1.5 tsi DSG estate now i'm commuting more 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had this since Aug '22. Second owner. 245 manual, 100% stock. Only upgrade has been Goodyear Eagle F1s and detachable towbar to carry a bike rack. Perfect all-rounder. Great for B roads on 18s and passive dampers. Last of the manuals with actual cabin buttons!

1398712272_IMG_20230528_0604402.thumb.jpg.48c14889f8288c9e849faf65c041476d.jpg