Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

Delivered on Tuesday, SE 1.6 tdi estate DSG red.

Happy so far, but annoyed that spec is not as per brochure.(no seat release handles in boot)

I wonder why not? I took delivery last Wednesday 30th Oct and it is fitted with the handles

Taken delivery of my vrs tdi dsg estate today. It is awesome. I part ex my 2012 vrs manual. This one is in a different league! Smoother, quiter, more comfortable, loads more gadgets and faster. Only lost 2k on my old one. Delighted

Spivo

Taken delivery of a petrol vRs hatch, manual, meteor grey with Canton sound system. First impressions are that Skoda have stopped trying to remind you in all sorts of little ways that you couldn't/didn't want to pay extra for a Volkswagen or Audi. The grab handles are now damped, the two internal lights that illuminate the handbrake/dash area on a Golf or A3 are present & there is much more soft touch material around the cabin. In fact, the cabin looks very classy! The new MQB platform makes for noticeably sharper handling & the ride ( at least on the standard 18's) less harsh. The adaptive damping is standard & in Sport it lives up to it's billing! Performance is great, at least on a par with my Mk 2 Octavia vRS, but this one being lighter & having 20PS more will be quicker, I'm sure, when I feel happy putting my foot down in a few more miles time. Negatives? Nothing serious, but the wing mirrors are smaller & so show less & the door handles stick out & look naff. Should have carried both these things forward unchanged from the Mk 2. Finally, the MDI connection is no longer in the glove box, but on the front of the dash. This means you have a trailing lead & an iPod on full view. Daft! Just love the car though & would recommend it unreservedly. Worth the 3 & a half month wait.

• Like 1

Hi All, 

new to Skoda myself and had my Octavia 2 weeks tomorrow - already done 1700miles - will be 2000 by tthe time i get home tonight!

so what is it? Octavia Elegance estate 2.0 tdi 150 DSG, Red with Ivory interior and Columbus satnav. Ordered in March, my company went for the then yet-to-be launched estate, which arrived in August - with the wrong colour interior!! Garage had ordered it incorrectly - so my car didnt get here unitl November .

First impressions - much nicer inside than the Passats i have had for the last 6 years. Little bit noiser, much better comfort as the suspension although firmer is better controlled. Feels pokier, not really noticed the extra wieight of the estate over previous saloons, so handling pretty good.Bluetooth good.Sound excellent.

Still getting to grips with the Sat nav.

Grumbles ? Sat nav should have postcode in this day and age, Fuel tank ridiculously small. I am used to 650+ miles a tank and although consumption good - 52mpg so far, having to fill it every other day is a PITA.

STill got that new car smell and loving it so far.

Picked mine up tonight..

Race Blue Vrs Estate 2.0 TSI Manual..  have only driven it from the dealership to my house (about 4 miles) and I am bloody loving it.

Parked it on the drive for the night to admire it in all it's glory in the daylight,

What was the first thing I did - Put it in Sport mode :)

• Like 1

Had mine just under a week now.

And I just keep getting my enjoyment frustrated by the below the limit drivers, old folk who've got all day, women taking their brats to/from school (WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE BUS & TRAIN or EVEN WALKING!) or WVM!  :@

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I ordered a Vrs tsi manual in corrida red yesterday. Added just the spare and sunset glass. Been told preliminary delivery date 10th April. Very excited and hoping that date doesn't slip!

Just picked up my White VRs Estate 2.0 TDI, all as per the brochure. Wasn't too happy with the lack of electric folding mirrors or the lack of cruise control but I knew about them before I picked it up. 

Love the ride and pulling power and it loves to cruise at 110 mph on the German Autobahns @ 3000rpm, 47 Mpg. post-107959-0-62677600-1387389476_thumb.jpg

I've just bought mine today, TSI combi vrs, race blue. I was going to buy new, but the dealer made an offer on the demo car which I couldn't dismiss, despite not having a couple of options I'd have liked.

Pick it up on Saturday, can't wait. Although my Renaultsport Clio 182 will be sorely missed. But with a child on the way, and a boisterous dog to go in the boot, needs must!

New / Old

20131219_125519.jpg

PICT1756.jpg

Edited by Mikebham

Škoda Octavia Combi Elegance 1.8 TSI 180 hk DSG 4x4 (1Z1Z) & (KA)

After two Yetis I'm back in a Octavia.

Close to six months after order.

Two surprises, one bad, one better!

They missed to install Mitsumi, disappeared from my order 20131010, 1700, no one can explain why!

From week 45 alarm comes together with Kessy!

But, after 150 km, I love this car!

Quiet, smooth and looks so good! 

• Like 1

I've just bought mine today, TSI combi vrs, race blue. I was going to buy new, but the dealer made an offer on the demo car which I couldn't dismiss, despite not having a couple of options I'd have liked.

Pick it up on Saturday, can't wait. Although my Renaultsport Clio 182 will be sorely missed. But with a child on the way, and a boisterous dog to go in the boot, needs must!

New / Old

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm making a similar move from my 172 to a vRS TDi DSG in race blue, got a few months to wait though.

We've been using the wife's focus to ferry our 1yr old about but it get frustrating not being able to use 'my' car for days out and stuff. Not quite sure how I'm going to say goodby to the Clio though, it's just too much fun to give up.

How are you finding the transition?

Posted Image

I'm not sure yet, I think I may cry when I give it in for part exchange on Saturday lol

I know it won't be the same at all,and will miss the go cart like experience of driving. If I could keep it as well I would,but it'd cost too much to run 3 cars in the household!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi, new to the forum and Skoda, making what appears to be an all too common transition from VW.

Ok, made a decision as to what I wanted so toddled up to my dealer earlier today to see how long I might have to wait. Yesterday they took delivery of a brand new Octavia Estate destined for the Manager but I got in first. So it's a...

Octavia vRS Tdi 184 DSG

Meteor Grey

KESSY

Silver Roof Rails

Sunset Glass

Panoramic Roof

Spare wheel

Simply Bluetooth

Adaptive Cruise Control

Matsumi Apple Interface?

Colour Maxidot

Power Boot Lid

Intelligent Light Assist

Canton Sound System

Probably wouldn't have gone that far on the spec but as it was sitting there, well....

Did I do ok?

Ordered

vRS estate dsg tdi

blue

cruise cont

amudsen sat nav

sunset glass

black design

winter pack

Keyless go

power boot open/close

intel parking (required for wife)

Ipod connect

variable boit

simp clever pack.

Hi, new to the forum and Skoda, making what appears to be an all too common transition from VW.

Ok, made a decision as to what I wanted so toddled up to my dealer earlier today to see how long I might have to wait. Yesterday they took delivery of a brand new Octavia Estate destined for the Manager but I got in first. So it's a...

Octavia vRS Tdi 184 DSG

Meteor Grey

KESSY

Silver Roof Rails

Sunset Glass

Panoramic Roof

Spare wheel

Simply Bluetooth

Adaptive Cruise Control

Matsumi Apple Interface?

Colour Maxidot

Power Boot Lid

Intelligent Light Assist

Canton Sound System

Probably wouldn't have gone that far on the spec but as it was sitting there, well....

Did I do ok?

I should say so.

But did they give you a great deal?