Big turbo Mk2 TDi vRS rep (07.01.17 update)

Brimma

Apologies for only now getting around too reading the whole thread but your car is spot on. A very good advertisement for someone thinking about a mk2 estate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Amazing thread bud!! Looking to get more power out of my Monte Carlo (also a 1.6cr) Was it the cr140 turbo you went for?

It was a 2.0 CR170, although it may be that the 140 is just a detuned version - it's a GTC1549VZ anyway

• Like 1

Just a few minor changes this evening

The 'proper' coloured vRS tailgate badge

S0367048_zps97dbe579.jpg

Front and rear vRS sill protectors

S0357047_zpsd8eda1b0.jpg

S0337045_zps9d1fdde1.jpg

One of a pair of gas bonnet struts

S0377049_zps16cdc5b4.jpg

don't suppose you have a link to the bonnet struts do you buddy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just spent a long time reading your thread from start to finish.What it has shown me is how much it has evolved,how sometimes we don't always get it right first time.

Think what you have now is a stunning replica and you were not afraid to rip it apart and do things more than once.

Hoping to start on my anthracite Monte soon,fist step is to double the 75bhp.

Doubt I will get done as much as you have,a stunning personalized car.Well done,respect!!.

• Like 2

Just looked through this thread, have to say the car is awesome, just wanted to ask were the Ibiza FR seats a straight swap? and would they be a straight swap into a non estate?

near enough... I gave him my vRS interior for the FR seats ;) a bit of fiddling with the airbag connectors, and a bit of a squeeze on the top corner of the rear seats were all thats required...

pretty sure they would fit in the hatch.

• Like 1

don't suppose you have a link to the bonnet struts do you buddy

It's a long time ago, so I don't have the original details, but I've got a feeling it was these:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/06-14-Skoda-Roomster-Praktik-Fabia-koda-5J-Black-Strut-Bonnet-Shock-Hood-Damper-/221601210455?hash=item3398762057:g:XSQAAOSwcF9UYGjr

Looking good Bryan. Just need to remove the Vulcan stickers. Put them on the octy [emoji23]

Thanks, Phil

I think they'll only be temporary  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know its probably said in the thread somewhere I have missed! car looks spot on now, so much change. I am looking to change the standard stereo system, the screen between the dials is the standard one also, not the updated one with bluetooth etc, I see you changed the steering wheel with controls, again, everything I've been looking to do! Please let me know 

Thanks v much!

Went back to where I took my first pictures of the car today, just for a comparison..........

DSCF0388.jpg

DSC_7751%20ed%202_zpsv3rooku6.jpg

DSCF0391.jpg

DSC_7747%20ed%202_zpsnhhatrkd.jpg

DSCF0393.jpg

DSC_7744%20ed%202_zps0nhuckyq.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

DSC_7754_zpsviupmn6f.jpg

DSCF0404.jpg

DSC_7757_zpstisnktxb.jpg

DSCF0408.jpg

DSC_7724_zpsjclh0upz.jpg

DSCF0417.jpg

DSC_7750%20ed%202_zpsh59mmosc.jpg

Very nice. Love the work you've done.

Just got a set of Borbet F myself but in gloss black.

Thanks

I'm thinking of getting a set of Maxxis Allseasons for them, then I can get the Braids refurbed and have a spare set which can double up as winter wheels

But the braids tho

Oh, they're getting refurbished, my bad.

The Braids are a beautifully built wheel, they won't be going anywhere :)