What colour?

Fergster

Ok folks I need your help. I've decided to go for a 170 tdi elegance and I'm thinking of adding a heated front windscreen, factory tow bar, MDI, spare wheel and possibly rough road package and extended arches.

Problem is over here in NI the dealers have limited stock and no 170 elegance models at all for a test drive. This makes it really hard judging what colour looks the best. The colours we are tempted by are:-

Candy white

Steel grey/platinum

Black magic

Shark blue

I would be glad to hear some of your views regarding my choice of spec or colour decisions. I have been looking through the "forum members picture thread" and I'm getting spoilt for choice.

Went for Regency Green with ours and are really pleased with it. I guess it is just a matter of individual taste though. By the way it arrived stating it was Malachite Green - presumably different markets use different names for the colours. Oh no! The forum spellchecker has just red underlined 'colours' for me. I refuse to modify it though; can we have an English spellchecker please?

Candy white

Steel grey/platinum

Black magic

Shark blue

Out of those, Shark Blue.

Nice colour and different from all the other cars on the road that are monochrome white/grey/silver/black.

Just ordered Mum's second Yeti and that will be Shark Blue too.

Ours are both Red.

Get a bit of colour in your life! :)

• Like 1

I'm picking up my Yeti tomorrow and having gone through first choices of red, white, black and then a dark blue metallic seen on a forecourt (I'm not very decisive) when I went to place my order my dealer had just taken delivery of a Regency Green with Gobi Sand interior demonstator. It looked very smart and I thought it suited the style of the car and that was my decision made. (And to think when I started looking I didn't want green and I definitely didn't want a "13" plate!). I still think the black looks stunning when it's spotlessly clean but saw one yesterday with rain streaks running through the dust.......

I'm glad I spent the time going around dealers (and car parks) looking at as many different colours as possible as I didn't find the brochure and dealers colour samples very helpful when trying to imagine the Yeti in different colours.

White really suits the styling of the car. Of your preferred list, I would go for that or - if you really want a metallic finish - the Steel Grey looks very good. Having previously had a Yeti in Muscavado, I settled on either white or grey for my recent replacement, and opted for white. I think it looks the best (and it saves you £500!).

I think light colours suit it best.

There are some nice dark metallics but they seem to look dull unless the sun is shining.

Our next one will be Shark blue,Candy white is so common...(Alright...very popular.) :giggle:

• Like 1

Have to cast a vote for Steel Grey, a real colour changer depending on the light. Has to be seen to appreciate.

Have to say i concur with this.

I was surprised how different it looks depending on the sun light.

Sadly I believe it is now withdrawn as a colour choice?

The shark/petrol blue doesn't do it for me, although i understand why people do like it.

Of the remaining colours i'd guess white is the one i'd go for.

As an afterthought;

Do they let you still pick tangerine over the water? :happy:

• Like 1

Personal taste, no-one but you can know the answer. Mine's white with a black roof and looks great :-)

Agree it is a choice only you can make.

I do think that the Red, Black and White are a bit like Marmite you will either love or hate them.

Do let us know your final choice

My first one was grey, this one is red and I have noticed that less people pull out of side roads close to us, than did when driving the grey one.

Also, I seem to get more waves from other Yeti drivers in this one: any polite suggestions why this should be?

because they think it's the postman ? :giggle:

seriously, because silver blends into the background and all the other silver/grey cars.

there do seem to be rather a lot of them

As an afterthought;

Do they let you still pick tangerine over the water? :happy:

It all depends on the time of year alleycat lol!!!!!

I know it's personal choice just interested in folks opinions and why they picked the colour they did.

• Like 1

My first one was grey, this one is red and I have noticed that less people pull out of side roads close to us, than did when driving the grey one.

Also, I seem to get more waves from other Yeti drivers in this one: any polite suggestions why this should be?

Quite simply because it's the best colour and is striking, like the styling so is a good match.

I always spot Red Yetis a long way off, but the boring colours (white/grey/silver/black) do blend into the rest of the traffic more.

You do see a lot of Yetis in boring colours...

But then you also see a lot of them driven by silver tops...

So I guess they are past the stage of funky/interesting car colours. :bandit::rofl:

I'm currently driving a red vw scirocco and people still pull out in front of me even with the bright xenons. I think the scirocco has stealth mode which stops other road users from spotting it until the very last minute!

I've noticed the Yeti seems to have more people than usual pull out in front of it.

Since i've almost always, in the last 10 years, had blue cars i can't really put it down to colour.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the "winky" fog lights or generally people are becoming poorer at judging distances.

Either that or, as bossfox puts it, they expect me to be a silver top and that makes it ok somehow :bandit:

It all depends on the time of year alleycat lol!!!!!

I know it's personal choice just interested in folks opinions and why they picked the colour they did.

Took me a while to cotton onto the orange aspect of what i said.

Possibly not the colour to go for.

Don't think i'll use the bandit logo either..

• Like 1

Take the candy white.It compliments the Yeti best.

I have brilliant silver that is nice,but if I could decide again today,I would go for the c. white.

Dont forget,darker colours show the dirt more than the lighter ones,and you dont want to find yourself wiping the car most of the time like myself........ha ha ha.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Shark Blue is not available any more!

I've had to choose another colour can't decide between Candy White or Petrol Blue :think:  

I've had to choose another colour can't decide between Candy White or Petrol Blue :think:

Go for the petrol blue.

It's one of those colours that looks great in sunshine, which shows off the green tint perfectly.

On second thoughts, go for the white, coz we don't get that much sun :)

Sitting on the fence? Just a little, but if it was me I would go for the blue with blue interior.

That's dissapointing, I really like the Shark Blue.

My Mum's Greenline Yeti is Shark Blue and it really looks nice.