Goodwood competition

Today I received my invitation from Skoda, to enter a competition to win tickets to the Goodwood Festival of Speed to see the unveiling of the new vRS. Try as I might I cannot find the web site (Skoda.co.uk/vrscompetition) nor can I find a link to it on the Skoda website. Is it just me and my ipad or am I missing something? Has anyone else had the same problem?

If someone has found it can you tell me where it is.

Thank you

• Administrators

I sat with skoda a few months back to discuss this competition. I've not heard anything since this. They were after IIRC 50 vRS owners; octavia, to attend.

I'll chase them up to let them know it's not quite working.

I think the skoda site was updated recently, quite a few bits of what I'd call testing text present.... like fill me... for a car description.

/Edit, just tried the link, does appear to work now, although it's a redirect to:

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/new-octavia-hatch/vrs/Pages/vrscompetition.aspx

I sat with skoda a few months back to discuss this competition. I've not heard anything since this. They were after IIRC 50 vRS owners; octavia, to attend.

I'll chase them up to let them know it's not quite working.

I think the skoda site was updated recently, quite a few bits of what I'd call testing text present.... like fill me... for a car description.

/Edit, just tried the link, does appear to work now, although it's a redirect to:

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/new-octavia-hatch/vrs/Pages/vrscompetition.aspx

yes please! how do i get involved in that then?

followed the link but i don't have a validation code?

Edit; ok read the T&C's - only those who've been sent a code. d'oh!

I got a letter today, tried no register. Not sure if it actually worked though, didn't get a confirmation message. Anyway Goodwood is about 400 miles away so even if I won might not go

Im going along to it anyway. My tickets arrived throught the post last month. Went last year and had a great time.

rob - i have entered and if i win you can get my ticket. :thumbup:

Im going along to it anyway. My tickets arrived throught the post last month. Went last year and had a great time.

rob - i have entered and if i win you can get my ticket. :thumbup:

Cheers Dude!

Thanks to all the replies. I can now access the competition on my desktop at work, but not on any mobile device (i.e ipad or iphone). Strange.

I'm already going to it as well, tickets/wristbands should be with me tomorrow....can't wait to go. Also says in the letter that if you go to the Skoda stand and show the letter they will give you a gift????? Don't suppose it'll be the new vrs??????

Received same invitation from Skoda UK marketing director, with the same results when trying too find the competition site.

Come on Skoda UK what are you playing at.

Keith

Thanks to all the replies. I can now access the competition on my desktop at work, but not on any mobile device (i.e ipad or iphone). Strange.

I tried it from an iPad, it redirects to the mobile version of Skodas site, with no competition. Cannot access the normal site.

From a full fat PC works fine.

Skoda doesn't like the apple I pad,it's too modern .no good for the site either and no good for the vrs comp,managed to enter ok ok the laptop,Microsoft not apple,,,,,,,come on skoda wake up............oops just Lost the competion

Same problem here. What it is - skoda website recognises the device and opens http://m.skoda.co.uk - which means that it is opening a MOBILE version of the website, which is basically a watered down version of their website. Although there is a tab at the bottom of the page, stating - view full website - it does not work. Tried on both safari and chrome - no luck.

I guess they did not even include the actual competition website on the mobile version of site.

Edit : Lol should have read previous posts.

Receieved a letter and code and successfully entered. Now I've had an e-mail from Skoda asking if I'd like to vrs it up at Goodwood and to enter the draw. I wonder if I can enter again.........?