Cool! - I won two Goodwood tickets to see the vRS

Luckily I'll be down South anyway so not a journey specially for it...............we live in the country..........proper morning 'postie's here'

• Like 1

happy days! I didnt bother entering as the journey from here in N.Ireland to get to it I just cant afford right now even if the tickets were free!

Post arrived this morning..........two tickets to the 'Thursday' at Goodwood with the promise of vRS gifts and light refreshments!

Result

Same here. Just need to see if I can get the day off work, find someone to go with (as the wife is also at work and cannot get the day off) and decide if the 4 hour journey each way is worth it.

Knowing me, I'll probably end up going - even if I'm billy-no-mates while I'm there.  :blush:

Going to be a 4hour journey for me aswell and the wife has the diesel and i will be going in the tfsi so i will probably be sat at 67mph with the cruise control on in the slow lane trying to conserve petrol. Give me a pip if you see me when you fly by at the speed the car was designed to go at. Ill be easy to spot ducking down in the driver seat trying to avoid the embarassment of trucks overtaking me, but seriously this full tanks got to last me till payday you might get one of these though . :finger:  :)

• Like 1

I won tickets too, and i'm probably in London with work the day before anyway so that cuts down on the travelling expense from Newcastle.....

What exactly is the day all about though?  Is it worth taking a day off work and paying to travel to Goodwood?  It's not just a sit in the new vRS and see some new cars is it, or do you get to have little drive of the new car?

Me too, postie ploped a pair of tickets in my door as well. Just need to book the day off also. I see Thursday isn't a day you can buy tickets for, why is this? Is it a day they use for the media etc.. Can I expect it to be a proper day out or will it be a bit quiet? As you can tell i've not been before.

Yeah i had a quick look there but it doesn't really tell you much.

Just wondering if anyone had been before and could give a punters view rather than the marketing blurb.

If you like your cars its an awesome day out.

Firstly you will get close to more cars than anywhere else in the world. Most cars you can get within a few cm of. including all the top end $$$ cars. Some of the old cars you can have a good look around as they are not even corndened off. Virtually every car brand is there. Its virtually taken over from the old yearly car show at the NEC.

There are cars going up the hill climb at full pelt. Everything from your tiny little cars to F1 cars. At places only 5m away from you. There is a rally stage you can go and watch cars on.

You will see 'car' people just walking around and mingling with normal people (obviously the A listers it becomes a bun fight).

Many of the older driver that are taking up historic cars are more than happy to chat if they are around the car waiting.

For the kids there is the Wacky Races going up the hill. There is always an exhibition of some time like the fastest cars in the world etc.

Thanks, Rob.

I've decided I'm not going though, I'm not much of a fan of celeb spotting and looking at stuff, if i can't have a drive it's a long way to go.

If anyone wants my tickets let me know.

Thanks, Rob.

I've decided I'm not going though, I'm not much of a fan of celeb spotting and looking at stuff, if i can't have a drive it's a long way to go.

If anyone wants my tickets let me know.

yes please! pm sent.

Ok, anyone else got either a spare or a pair of tickets for this event please?!?! Really fancy a day out and it sounds a good day out!  So if anyone can help with a ticket that woudl be great!!  Many thanks!