iPhone owners

The only issue I have is my phones a crappy samsung and my musics on my iPad. And you can only have one or the other connected. So the choice is hands free or music. :)

I have my bb connected bt for phone and my ipad at same time bt for music. After phone links up go to media/bt/source and select the ipad, it asks to confirm replace but only replaces for music not phone. Then you can be streaming music from ipad, take call which pauses bt music, then music starts again at call end.

• Like 1

I have my bb connected bt for phone and my ipad at same time bt for music. After phone links up go to media/bt/source and select the ipad, it asks to confirm replace but only replaces for music not phone. Then you can be streaming music from ipad, take call which pauses bt music, then music starts again at call end.

Wow didn't no this, I will try thanks

Its not true to say that iOS7 prevents the use of non-apple certified cables. All iOS7 does is display a warning if the cable is not certified; after that, they work perfectly.

It's not that black and white. Some cables will give the warning and then work fine, but others give the warning and do nothing.

I've also got a batch of them here that work fine with an iPhone 5 and iPad 4 but not at all with an iPhone 5S.

The easiest way to control iphone5 music on the mk3 is via Bluetooth and Siri. Siri will work through the Bluetooth connection when activated via the button on the phone (it won't work from the voice control button on the steering wheel).

It sounds a faff but if you put your phone in the media attachment in the cup holders upside down it is alongside you when driving.

Andy

Edited by boff180

Just ordered my Skoda Octavia 1.4tsi  DSG SE estate 

After reading this thread, I am amazed!  Ive ordered the mitsumi, but if it doesnt have a lightning connector or iphone 5S doesnt work with it when I take delivery, I will not be paying for a cable that doesnt work!

My order wont be fulfilled until mid March, so hopefully things will be a lot clearer in 4 months...

I see online there are mitsumi cables that are for iPhone 4, mini usb or USB. Has anyone tried the plain USB cable and connecting their phone cable to if this gives the desired output i.e. functionality of the iPhone through the cars controls?  

I am due to collect my candy white VRS estate on Saturday and can't beleive there is no lightning style cable for this option available as yet! 

Cheers,

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

I

I can confirm that you can listen to your music via BT with good clarity, only issue is that you have limited control via the car; most has to be done via the phone

The normal USB socket charges the phone no problem

Voice control of the phone and contacts works OK for a voice activated system ;)

I did enquire about retrofitting the Mitsumi, and I will receive a price shortly; however whilst I was at the dealers having the rear light cluster re-fitted as it had become loose; I found somebody placed a new Mitsumi cable in the glove box and the service guy said to me you may want to remove the panel under the multimedia unit and have a play??? I will be investigating at the weekend.

Did we ever find out if this worked?

• Like 1

Surely it is easier just to sell the car and buy one which is fully compatible with all iPhone's.

.or sell the iPhone and buy a compatible Android device?

..or just use a USB dongle for music and artwork?

...but maybe Skoda have a team of highly skilled engineers working day and night to provide a fully functioning software update (I doubt this very much).

Edited by Orville

I think what we're looking for is someone to confirm what Spiceman was told above....which is being able to use Mitsumi without having specified it as an option.

...ie has someone looked under the multimedia unit and confirm a socket for a Mitsumi cable?

• Like 1

according to the golfgti forums £70 from the dealer so this is already cheap!

Hopefully will be nice and cheap by the time my car is here.

Out of interest, can you get really short MDI to USB cables so I can connect a memory stick without it flapping about everywhere?

Like this for the cable? - 0.25m is the shortest. I use them as extensions for the wooden USB sticks I supply for wedding photography.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Extension-Cable-A-To-A-Male-to-Female-Lead-0-25M-0-5M-0-8M-1M-1-5M-2M-3M-5M-/230975490037?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item35c73647f5

So can I use my I phone with the normal bluetooth to stream music etc, dont really want to pay for expensive leads and add ons?

If not I take it the I phone telephone function is ok with normal blue tooth?

• Like 1

So can I use my I phone with the normal bluetooth to stream music etc, dont really want to pay for expensive leads and add ons?

If not I take it the I phone telephone function is ok with normal blue tooth?

On an iphone you can listen to music, skip tracks and listen to audio from apps like iplayer etc.

What you can't do is select tracks or watch video on the car screen.