2wd or 4wd that is the question

DaveLees

I agree about MCAMRA. He seems to actively want to be unpleasant -his views are his problem but his way of expressing them is routinely offensive and has become a problem to others.

• Like 4

This coment made by MK.....is quite simply nonsense.....

"I'm sure it does have advantages but its not 'necessary' for everyday driving on UK roads"

Rubbish. 4wd is NOT necessary for everyday driving in the uk. I myself have been doing just fine for the last 22 years driving fwd cars in all sorts of weather and road conditions in the uk. If you are reliant on 4wd then there is something wrong with your driving.

There's a difference though between 'going for a 4WD' and 'needing' one and that was what irked me earlier.

I have nothing against 4WD, have owned them in the past and may very well in the future.

I'm sure it does have advantages but its not 'necessary' for everyday driving on UK roads. 

Don't let Snowy see this! You've only been together a fortnight! 

• Like 2

I agree with it too...  and have to say I find MCAMRA's very personal comments towards MarieK well out of order.  She's asked a few times now for him to stop, yet like a petulant child he continues to do it.  Now what do we have in the news about Twitter just now..................................  hmmm.

I'm with you on that.  I do feel that people here sometimes overdo the knocking of people who choose to have 4wds, (Not MarieK by the way), but I don't like the way that MCAMRA expresses himself.  One more and he is on my ignore list.

• Like 1

Whatever happened to this statement by Mac:

Are there no moderators on this forum ? I like a laugh and a joke, good debate, wind-up or whatever....but please ...its all getting bit distasteful !

I am out of here....

Edited by freedie

Lurking as usual, after a bad experience some years ago on another website, I feel this reaction is all a bit "diva" like :giggle:

It is after all a forum, with who knows who making comments. If we were all in a pub, you'd tell him to shut up or go away. Life's too short to worry about this sort of thing - sticks and stones etc. Just ignore.

Personal opinions are just that.

You have no idea the stick I have to put up with driving my D reg Suzuki on motorsport events, but I have the satisfaction of driving a little capable 4x4, 187k on all original components, no rust, never broken down (yet :think: ), goes like a rocket (95 mph on speedo once).

I'm happy with my little car - I just smile to myself when they get stuck or break down - nothing vindictive, just personal satisfaction :giggle:

I have no bones to pick with his opinions.  Nothing wrong with differing opinions and expressing them and arguing them on a forum.  But the type of personal vendetta he's waging against MarieK and the type of comments he's making about her an Skye is an entirely different matter.

That's my point - it's not a vendetta, just some person making comments for the hell of it - just ignore.

• Like 1

I have no bones to pick with his opinions.  Nothing wrong with differing opinions and expressing them and arguing them on a forum.  But the type of personal vendetta he's waging against MarieK and the type of comments he's making about her an Skye is an entirely different matter.

I suggest you look back through the thread history where Marie K was exceptionally and unjustifiably rude to me......and all relates back to an earlier thread (highlighted just above) that she was involved in and that I found (and many others did also) to be just a little too much. Marie K and myself are no angels......and that includes many others on this forum. We all get hot under the collar. The French more than most.

'Offnote' started quite well on this forum but was turned into what many people would describe as a 'troll' as they put him down time and time again down simply because they did not understand his contributions/ humour. This could be down to the fact that indeed he was a troll or that it was simply a problem of translation. This is an international site. What I am saying is the 'hard core contributors' (sometimes with their nonesensical advice) turn innocent individuals (who dont contribute much) aggressive because they dont listen to them when they are offering good advice. They just get slapped down. Well everyone has a viewpoint and an opinion to express. That is a Forum....and the more international it is the better.

I take no pleasure in knocking someone (it really is not in my character) but I do feel those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. I put certain other chracter into that equation who takes exception to knocking people down (the name I cant spell) because they feel within themselves they are 'out in space' when it comes to their knowledge of cars, life and probably everything for that matter.

Its very easy to be turned into a troll on this forum. Please dont let the 'hard-core' ruin it for everybody else?

Enjoy your little Yeti......it really is a good car.

I suggest you look back through the thread history where Marie K was exceptionally and unjustifiably rude to me......and all relates back to an earlier thread (highlighted just above) that she was involved in and that I found (and many others did also) to be just a little too much. Marie K and myself are no angels......and that includes many others on this forum. We all get hot under the collar. The French more than most.

As ever there are more sides to a story than meets the eye.   :rofl:   I understand what you're saying and on balance then, there is a balance so to speak.  Live and let live then.  

We all need to respect each other's views.  Be it real expert advice, a view on something or what seems to some to be "nonsensical advice".  There are always ways and means to be tactful in expressing your own view or "correcting" someone else's.  And it is this tactfulness that, for some, have gone out the window in this thread...

• Like 2