Seats sliding automatically back on exit

Good afternoon all.

Picking up my Superb tomorrow.  I was wondering one thing, though.

I am sure I read somewhere that you can set the options to make the seats slide back when you switch off the ignition and forward again when you put the key in.  I had that on my Chrysler 300C and found it very useful.

Is this something available on a 62 reg Elegance 170 DSG and if so, can I set it through the menu or is it something the service team have to do?

If it's the former, then I will read the book to see how.  If it's the latter, then I will try to get the dealer to do it when I pick it up.

Many thanks.

Its very simple...just a case of pushing a few buttons to the right of the seat base. Set the positions you want...press the set button for a second or two till you hear a `bong`...job done.

Its very simple...just a case of pushing a few buttons to the right of the seat base. Set the positions you want...press the set button for a second or two till you hear a `bong`...job done.

That's not going to do what he wants, though (i.e. move the seat when he takes the key out/puts it in). I don't think that's possible.

It has to be enabled via VCDS or the dealer can do it using their own software. It's in the 36 - Seats Memory Driver module and the setting is "Easy access". I have it set and it helps particularly in tight parking spaces.

• Like 1

It has to be enabled via VCDS or the dealer can do it using their own software. It's in the 36 - Seats Memory Driver module and the setting is "Easy access". I have it set and it helps particularly in tight parking spaces.

Thanks for that.  That was exactly what I was looking for.

I asked the dealer to set the option as per your instructions, but he tried and said that there wasn't that option on his system, certainly not in that module.

I rang Skoda UK yesterday and their technical people (via customer services who rang me back) said that the option doesn't exist.  Clearly you have managed to get it done.

Can you confirm the reference you have given and have you the name of a dealer who managed it? And did they use their Skoda dealer equipment or VCDS?

I would really like this automatic facility.  I know I can use 2 seat settings to achieve the same thing, but it's a pain.

If anyone else has this option set, please let me know as the dealer probably thinks I am mad!

I have set easy access on my MY12 Superb. It helps getting out of the car in tight places.... Used VCDS

Thanks for that.  Sorry to appear a bit dim, but this VCDS is new to me.  Do many independent dealers use this or where can I get someone who uses one to set my car up?

Wouldn't want to get one myself as I only have this one specific requirement to sort out and when I tinkered with cars, they were Bond Minicars, A35s, and Ford Pops !

Lots of info on Briskoda forums......

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/23-diagnostics-vcds/

A bit expensive to purchase ... about £250.

But you could contact a Briskoda/ VCDS member .... list on the above link... may only cost you a few beer tokens

Setting Easy Exit....

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/memoryseat.htm

Edited by DCC
  • Like 1

Lots of info on Briskoda forums......

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/23-diagnostics-vcds/

A bit expensive to purchase ... about £250.

But you could contact a Briskoda/ VCDS member .... list on the above link... may only cost you a few beer tokens

Setting Easy Exit....

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a5/memoryseat.htm

Thanks to all of you who have responded.

I am delighted to say that I contacted Aston Bodger from the list of member with VCDS and he was able to change the settings as supplied in your link within a couple of minutes.

Can't express my thanks enough to A B for his help and to all of you who responded..  Cheers guys.

sad indictment of your dealers knowledge or competency that he couldn't do what AB did.

It is indeed. When I was looking for a Superb, I went into a dealership and told the salesman I was looking for a Combi. Whats a Combi he replied.

It is indeed. When I was looking for a Superb, I went into a dealership and told the salesman I was looking for a Combi. Whats a Combi he replied.

Sorry, but I really don't understand why you expect a UK salesperson to know what Skoda call the estate in another country/countries.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it can be enabled/disabled via a switch like some other cars (like my old car) once enabled in VCDS? I'd like the option but have the ability to turn on and off at will.

Nope, VCDS only.

Can this be made to happen via VCDS on a 2010 car?

Incidentally mine is not called a Combi, nor and Estate, but in Oz they're called Wagons - oh, unless they're a Hyundai, when they might be a Tourer.

• 11 months later...

I have a 2014 superb elegance, I have looked at these settings on vcds but "easy access" does not show in seat drivers memory in adaptation. However you could change the channel to 60, is that it or d you haveto changethe sored value which at present has no value showing?.

Thanks

sad indictment of your dealers knowledge or competency that he couldn't do what AB did.

Not really, their official VAG VAS system doesn't let you do half of the stuff VCDS does.  What it does let you do is connect to VAG's computer system to reset cluster/immobiliser codes etc which you can't do with VCDS for the latest models.

Can this be made to happen via VCDS on a 2010 car?

Incidentally mine is not called a Combi, nor and Estate, but in Oz they're called Wagons - oh, unless they're a Hyundai, when they might be a Tourer.

Well it works in my MY12 Combi.  If you wanna try let me know when your near Melboring next, or I can let you know when I'm near you (my parents are near Maryborough).

you could just set memory position 3 to be the exit position. The seat will go back to the correct position when you next unlock the car on its own.

I have memory number three set to a snogging position, should be a real time saver when if I ever get a bird....:D

• Like 3