What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

Nope, a fiesta

That's somehow even worse. The Felicia is a POS with charm. The Fiesta is just a POS... 

Then again, to be fair, 99% of the issues with the Felicias are because of rust. Cant really slam all Fellys for something that is almost a solely Swedish issue.

Then again, to be fair, 99% of the issues with the Felicias are because of rust. Cant really slam all Fellys for something that is almost a solely Swedish issue.

Err... eh? Don't understand that!  :|

Err... eh? Don't understand that! :|

I hate the felicias becuase the lot of them are rotten through due to the overuse of road salt in sweden. Swedish felicias are absolute rubbish. I once when though the floor while getting into one. And it was a late model too. The one with "better" rust protection.

That said, in countries that dont abuse road salt, felicias are very good cars since most issues are rust related.

• 2 months later...

Dark blue Hyundai Atoz made me smile today as the young lady driving it was barrelling along, making very good progress in a most un-Atoz like fashion  B)

I suppose they're small and light so there's no reason why they shouldn't get a shufty on, but it was a nice surprise and I smiled when I realised I was paying attention to keep up with her.

Gaz

Having a guy in full mod gear on a Lambretta 125 (not a modern Chinese cheapo one) pull up next to me at the lights, brought a smile to my face. I was impressed that he was not only dedicated enough to have a scooter from what looked liked the sixties, but he was so committed that he was riding it in the heavy wind and rain.

Having a guy in full mod gear on a Lambretta 125 (not a modern Chinese cheapo one) pull up next to me at the lights, brought a smile to my face. I was impressed that he was not only dedicated enough to have a scooter from what looked liked the sixties, but he was so committed that he was riding it in the heavy wind and rain.

But did his bike have two dozen mirrors?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This guy spent 15 minutes practically attached to my rear bumper, then accelerated suddenly, overtook me across double lines in a barely controlled fashion, then attempted (keyword: attempted) to stop after the car in front of me, failed, avoided the car by pure luck, and parked his car squarely in the only lamp post in a mile radius.

Two hours later, I'm still laughing. I feel bad for the car though. It was a very nice M5. 

Oh and btw. No insurance, tax, MOT, and false plates. 

• Like 1

Dark blue Hyundai Atoz made me smile today as the young lady driving it was barrelling along, making very good progress in a most un-Atoz like fashion  B)

I suppose they're small and light so there's no reason why they shouldn't get a shufty on, but it was a nice surprise and I smiled when I realised I was paying attention to keep up with her.

Gaz

Great little cars, bought and sold a few, nothing to go wrong except poor door handles which snap off in cold weather, but the car is perky, light and fun to hurl about.  For best effect, the wine metallic colour fades to metallic pink and clashes with the yellow foglights and makes a terrific spectacle flung sideways into a wet island at 60mph.  Saga-louts!

My highlight today was driving our latest Perodua Myvi (UK supplied car, sold as a Daihatsu Sirion/Boon or Toyota Passo in other markets) which has the excellent revvy 1298cc Yaris VVTi engine, newly serviced, running a performance air filter and Iridium plugs while floating on horrific Chengsingdingdongwingwingfen plastic tyres-the last owners spared no expense, literally, on those tyres  :o

850kg, light flywheel, revvy, metallic sounding, variable valve timing engine with zero grip on damp roads....huge fun  :giggle:

Anyone unfamiliar with Perodua may be interested to know they used last-gen Toyota and Daihatsu tech, built in a state of the art cheap labour factory and sold officially in the UK-much like Skoda used to be with VW tech.

So you get all the R&D done by the Japanese, get superb chain driven engines and none of the stupid recent stuff; no DBW-it's got a cable (!), the clutch too has a cable with a manual adjuster, etc-just decent engineering that is 100% reliable.

We've had 15 Peroduas, done around 350,000 miles and only changed bulbs in addition to the servicing.  Superb cheap cars-and a bit of fun too.

Poverty spec white painted, black bumper, no stereo Dacia for £5999 or fully specced (air-con, LED lights, 4x ew, decent stereo, remote locking etc Jap-based chain-driven Toyota engined) Myvi for £5999 with free metallic paint?   Christ alone knows what the ad/PR department does at P UK.  Nothing.

Was Saturday but worthy I think...

Driving up the M1 from Derby, got caught an a storm going through the road works (50 average speed cameras), visibility very bad, at least an inch of water on the road, tonnes of spray etc.

I'm holding station in the outside lane, big lorry in the middle lane and a cross wind + narrow lanes, so I think 'its safer here, one gust and he'd going to put me in the barriers', traffic inside me anyway. Mr White Audi behind me had different ideas... he's up my chuff at 50 in these conditions. Lasts for around a mile like this before I push through the wall of spray and zero visibility to pass the lorry. Look back and see Audi man try to follow me, just about see his blinding lights poke through, only to chicken out and drop back at the wall of water coming off the lorry. 

He then stays there for the next 2-3miles until the truck moves over. Made me smile because he was such a prat then chickened out.

Edited by DanHarper
  • Like 1

Gaz

Great little cars, bought and sold a few, nothing to go wrong except poor door handles which snap off in cold weather, but the car is perky, light and fun to hurl about.  For best effect, the wine metallic colour fades to metallic pink and clashes with the yellow foglights and makes a terrific spectacle flung sideways into a wet island at 60mph.  Saga-louts!

You do know that Hyundai had to rename that car in the UK so the it wouldn't offend your sensibilities? They originally names it Atos.

• Like 1

You do know that Hyundai had to rename that car in the UK so the it wouldn't offend your sensibilities? They originally names it Atos.

I think it was rather to avoid people taking the ****...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yep, they were told no-one could give a toss

The man who decided he was too important to wait in the traffic and barreled along the hard shoulder in his 54 reg Toyota Corolla. Reason for the traffic was a police attended shunt being moved onto the hard shoulder. They were busy checking him out on the radio when I crawled by :D :D :D 

Saw a rare vehicle today, A Fabia saloon.  Haven't seen one for over a year.

I think I've only seen two or three, one of which is fairly local, which I do see a few times a year.

Well I wasn't driving at the time, but this has just made me smile. My Dad's pal from his RAF days has just sent an email to say that he has just bought a 2011 Skoda Octavia Elegance with a 1.4TSi engine which has, "all the bells and whistles" compared with his old Honda Accord. With just under 3000 miles travelled since new, sounds like a nice car. :happy: