What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

19.5C on the car thermometer. Not real I know, the car was in the sun, but still nice.

I pretty much leave the climate at 20C all year round, first time this year the AC has kicked in.

Apologies for lowering the tone but, the young lady jogger with the very short and very loose running shorts on, with every step she flashed a bit of bum cheek, made me smile :devil:

And then drive into a lamppost :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leaving London today (thats enough to put a smile on my face), but seeing a man walking along the street with a large blue parrot on his shoulder put a big grin on me.

Driving my Beemer back from Bremen to Rotterdam last Friday and putting 105 miles into an hour on the autobahn.  Was overtaken by 4 Porsches, 3 Mercs, 2 Audis, 1 other Beemer, 1 jet black YETI on German plates ("Yee Ha - GO Yeti!"), and..... wait for it .... a VW Transporter van. "What the hell does he have in THAT?".

• Like 2

Driving my Beemer back from Bremen to Rotterdam last Friday and putting 105 miles into an hour on the autobahn.  Was overtaken by 4 Porsches, 3 Mercs, 2 Audis, 1 other Beemer, 1 jet black YETI on German plates ("Yee Ha - GO Yeti!"), and..... wait for it .... a VW Transporter van. "What the hell does he have in THAT?".

Was the VW a Type 20 or T25? (square body rear engine successor to the bulli)? If so, then Porsche fitted about half a dozen of them with 911 powertrains back in the day.

Yesterday - very minor fog in the Midlands - guy in BMW 3 Series - all his lights on inc front & back fogs, sunglasses and wipers going so fast they were nearly coming off :rofl:  :rofl:

Well Wednesday rather than today but quite a few inattentive speeding drivers breaking like mad as they got to sets of average speed cameras on the Redditch Highway. FFS you can see them for miles, but the laugh was 2 fold. Firstly they were only being tested, so no ones going to get a ticket (signs strapped to the posts telling you so) but if they were live it wouldn't have made any difference as they were measuring your average speed over a couple of miles so you'd be ****ed whether you braked or not if you'd been booting it. Muppets.

• Like 2

Listening to radio today and a good topic brought up that made me smile.

Some of the dead beached whales washed up on our coast have been deposited in landfill sites.

How confusing for archeologists will this be in a few thousand years when they dig them up :)

• Like 2

and..... wait for it .... a VW Transporter van. "What the hell does he have in THAT?".

Some of the T5s have 180hp 2ltr CR engines capable of well over a tonne but the older 174bhp was a grunty beast too- the latter was also a piece of cake to tinker with. 

Edited by sparks03

I had a friend who had a Rover V8 in the back of a type 25, and there is always the Subaru conversions.

• Like 1

Was the VW a Type 20 or T25? (square body rear engine successor to the bulli)? If so, then Porsche fitted about half a dozen of them with 911 powertrains back in the day.

It was a modern, front engine van. T5 would that be?  On smart alloys (from what little I could see as he sailed past me!). So could quite believe it was chipped, or possibly even a high end standard motor. No markings and smart paint job, so guessing privately owned.

Nature adores a flying brick........

I'd certainly love to sit in with that "brick" driver to learn the Nordschleife.  His/Her lines and apex clipping points are near perfect, except when forced off line to overtake or be overtaken.  Just a couple of "unforced" missed apexes towards the end, when clearly trying just a little bit too hard.  Great clip - loved it!

Edited by FlintstoneR1

Brother-in-law has a T5 with the 2.5l TDi 174. that's been remapped - somewhere around the 200HP/350 lb/ft mark or might be a bit higher. He did say he's surprised the odd hot-hatch!