Custom Design for My Monte Carlo

Hey Guys! Just thought id show you the pictures that i have recieved.. the bottom photo is the one that they sent  me and the top one is the one that i edited myself to make it match the monte carlo! 

Im pleased to say that this is actually going ahead and is being put onto my car within the next few weeks; so it is ready for my birthday (21st September)  :rock:

ill post photos up as soon as i go and see it! 

also when i bring the car home i will be painting the calipers and drums and then putting the fantastic BRI Number plate surrounds on, with my private plate that im still saving for! :') 

Hope you like it, main reason im having it is so its a one of a kind, unique.. i cant wait to see it! 

-Jay

post-104816-0-28046300-1377890135_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Not my cup of tea but it's your car and if you like it then that is all that matters! :)

However, "unique"? It's a Monte with some stickers...

• Like 3

Well, I say go for it - it's your car, you want it to be unique and there's nothing wrong with that. 

Plus it is only stickers/vinyl, so if you don't like it it will just come back off again.  :thumbup:

• Like 4

Hi there.

As others have said not my cup of tea but who am I to comment. I have a race blue VRS with a white roof and alloys which is my choice but certainly does not appeal to a lot of people. So if you like it and it is not ridiculously expensive then go for it. It's your car and your statement. I would though probably lose the Monte Carlo from the design and just leave it as black blocks but again that is my opinion.

Most of all though, enjoy your car when it arrives!

^^ That's the one, thanks.

Now IMHO that is OK, relatively subtle as the black and white clearly contrast each other and it's not too OTT.

My fear with the OP's car is that it is too much and the decals are covering a good proportion of the vehicle side. I presume it will cover both sides too. But again, each to their own.

Sorry - but agree with some of the other posters - certainly NOT my cup of tea.

In my generation, this sort of 'decoration' would be attributed to a very young 'boy racer' - and called rather 'Mickey Mouse'.

However, as another poster has said - each to his own! - BUT at least it can be peeled off if its vinyl.

I would say that it would apeal more to me as im only 16 amd.

veryone of my age range would if given the chance have this done. Im having this done miainly because it will stand out from the others and it will be different, i personally dont think it will look stupid, i think it will look great, and as people say it can be taken off.

I appreciate your feedback  

Sorry about thebpoor spelling, im posting this from my phone  

• Like 3

Fair enough. Enjoy your car when it comes.

Standing out from the crowd might be a good idea, you can not afford to get any points on your licence.

Driving a distinctive car means having to drive like the Driving Instructor or Examiner is still sitting next to you,

due to having a car that is spotted easily, & stands out if doing anything not quite to the highway code.

(also be sure to be the 'Main Driver' on insurance if you are & not on only a 'named driver' if it is your car

and its only you driving, because distinctive cars tend to be noticed and who the driver is.)

george

• Like 1

I would say that it would apeal more to me as im only 16 amd.

veryone of my age range would if given the chance have this done. Im having this done miainly because it will stand out from the others and it will be different, i personally dont think it will look stupid, i think it will look great, and as people say it can be taken off.

Not yet 17 and getting a Monte.........who's a lucky boy then

Insurance must be pretty high as it is, or will be...........likely even more with this?

Also a bit of a generalisation to say everyone your age would do it - that's like saying everyone my age would want JPS decals on their black car 

• Like 1

The lettering looks like a 70's font used for advertising a 90's 

Bollywood movie. Lose the lettering and it might look okay.  

The abstract one in black and white further up the page looks

pretty good.

But if it were me I'd keep a brand new car as standard as I could.

I'm with Grr666 on this, nice idea, though execution not sure, There's more credibility to keeping a tidy car (imo) rather than go faster stickers and drawing attention to yourself at 16/17, NIce that you've taken the feedback in  the spirit its intended, shows a sensible head trying to get out.. :happy:

All the best with the car, happy motoring and stay safe..maybe see you at the Maidstone meet sometime?..