Fiat 500L MPW, holly smoke.

Ootohere

It's not as hideous as the Multipla, but why does it wear the 500 badge anyway? It looks nothing like it, really.

As an ex Multipla owner I disagree. I always thought the weirdness in looks of the Multipla was designed in,this just looks like they left the design to Homer Simpson.

As an ex Multipla owner I disagree. I always thought the weirdness in looks of the Multipla was designed in,this just looks like they left the design to Homer Simpson.

I agree about the Multipla being weird on purpose.  They didn't intend it to be anything else and for that reason it kind of worked.  The New 500 L range is trying to be stylish and desirable.  In the metal, the 500L is one of the worst designs I've seen in a while.  It borders on early SsangYong territory in my book, (the Rodius springs to mind).

The thing was the Fiat Multipla became the smugglers vehicle of choice, (due to the underfloor stash/carrying space.)

which means you are buy a problem if you want a used car with space for travelling abroad by ferry.

You can expect your car to be having a good going over, and expect its had a few serious inspections and strip down before you bought it.

With the 500L MPW i expect Customs will wave you through to just get that car out of their sight.

(7 seats seems great, & many might just use for a quick trip locally,

but 7 people in a car tend to need a bit of personal stuff with them if going away for a day or 2, so a towbar & trailer should maybe come as standard with them.  If ordering one, maybe tick the tow pack option rather than White roof and mirrors.)

george.

I just don't get why it is called the 500. It has nothing in common. The interior is completely different with none of the characteristics of the 500...

Because like the regular 500, and the front wheel drive BMWs, it's a hideous car that no one in their right mind would buy without a trendy badge.

Edited by StevesTruck
  • Like 1

I used to think the Nissan Qashqui thing was the ugliest car in the world. Then that horrible Mini thing came along and now the 500L. Overall vote still goes to that Mini monstrosity though.

• Like 1

Ooooooooh those fat MINIs are atrociously designed. But now that you mention it there seems to be a proliferation of Mr Blobby style cars- the Nissan Joke is another one. 

I think the last time I saw something so awful as this FIART was this;

2001-Pontiac-Aztek.jpg

I was following one of these up the M6 on Tuesday night. I had the cruise on and for some reason they kept overtaking me and sitting in front of me slightly slower than my cruise was set at so we leap frogged up the M6 for about an hour meaning I had the piece of **** slowly over taking me every 5 minutes and then slowing down in front of me. Maybe they were trying to show me what I could have bought instead of being a peasant and getting a Skoda...