Octavia Deal (new vehicle solutions spammer)

Good work guys. Leaving it open, but doubtful OP will post again ;)

maybe his sig should read: 

I tried it on faking reputation; I got found out in < 8 minutes.

hehe!  Nothing gets past us!

Just bumping this again, so it gets up the google rankings a little more...

[cough] www.newvehiclesolutions.co.uk [cough] don't touch, bargepole, with a  <----- rearrange

Good to see that at least for me, this thread is top hit on google when you search the URL. :thumbup:

Old and very obvious advertising tactic, who knows his car business might actually be reasonable. Foolish of him to come on here and blatantly break the rules of the forum and not expect to get a hard time of it. Buggered that up did didn't he.  :rofl:

Just about every forum has deleted his posts -hence I posted a cached view. However this one staying alive and getting regularly posted on is going to bump up the search results for his company leading to this thread.  :evil:

• Administrators

Just to update, I've now had a quasi apology from Lee

Dear Forum,

I understand that a mistake has been made in putting the business details into your forum, For which we apologise and meant no detriment to your forum.

However highlighting mine and my fellow directors personal details on your forum is becoming a breach of our privacy.

Our families and children have access to the internet and posts that are detrimental to both our names stating unfair comments about my education and employment which are unfair and likely to be deemed illegal.,

Please could you remove all traces of this thread as i would not like for it to become a legal matter of deformation of character.

A joke is a joke, But please could you now stop,

Once again, We are sorry and wish no detriment to the forum and were inexperienced in forum knowledge to understand that this is not an 'ok' practice,

I think the point missed, was the approach taken... However he does touch on a valid point on privacy. I'm not going to send the content to legal beagles to verify the claim of a breach of privacy as the info posted is in the public domain, otherwise how did it end up here.

So at some point this evening I'll edit out a few of the more personal details/link values, but the essence will remain in place.

• Like 1

I've not seen any information on here that anyone couldn't easily find with a bit of joined up thinking.

Personally I think "personal data" is the least of his worries, I was under the impression that making up fake customer recommendations/reviews was illegal.

"Fake reviews are likely to be illegal under consumer protection legislation, but are hugely tempting for companies to produce." taken from here

• Like 1

• Administrators

There was only really one or two posts, again nothing that could not be found. Conjecture on character is a greay area and I doubt anyone truly knows what a numpty is.

I was under the impression that making up fake customer recommendations/reviews was illegal.

I thought that too, but couldn't possibly comment.

---

On one hand I have to commend him for launching his own company, nothing is easy or risk free or we'd all be doing it. Also a believer in second, third and fourth chances if character is genuine, but using purposeful mis-direction is a 4th chance smell.

I have seen Lee Evans at the O2 a couple of times & he was good.

Oh its not the same one then   :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Colin - How about directing him to the forums Rules - He gets everything he deserves

Hello lee. First off, it's defamation, not deformation.

Secondly, for you to have any chance of success there, you would have to show that what was posted here wasn't true, and was an unfair representation.

Let's look at the facts. You signed up here and on numerous other forums pretending to be a satisfied customer of your own business. That is not in dispute. Do you think that this is either a) completely honest behaviour, or b ) dishonest?

Be truthful. It's b ), isn't it.

With that in mind, it's not unreasonable to comment on your business ethics on a public forum in response to a thread that you started.

So the guy comes on here, makes a fairly dumb mistake, gets a bit of a razzing for it, and then starts issuing vague legal threats based on a pretty fuzzy understanding of the law? Yeah, I'm queueing up to do business with a bloke like that... :no:

• Like 1

I managed to miss this thread as it was posted - love it!

If I had seen it earlier I could have mentioned that I get SPAM email from them at work usually every couple of weeks. They are a UK company and so have to provide a way to opt-out of their marketing emails.

So I follow the link from my work address and am told each time that I've been removed - before I get yet another email.

I have reported them to the ICO - not sure if anything will come of it.

Let's look at the facts. You signed up here and on numerous other forums pretending to be a satisfied customer of your own business. That is not in dispute. Do you think that this is either a) completely honest behaviour, or b ) dishonest?

Be truthful. It's b ), isn't it.

Great post. :)