"Phantom" fabia II vRS estate

sharkrider

an update re the "turned off elecronic diff"

this worked brilliant for the track... but on wet tricky roads, I miss the diff, SO MUCH a different situation to track driving.... after I left the ring, knowing winter is comming, and I have no more track days until next aprils castle coombe.....

I have turned it back on (thanks Jason) to medium for the winter road usage :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have now installed my new rear facing camera, bargin at £15, quality is pretty good :) night time infra red and time/date stamp, I have put an 8 gig card in :)

IMG_2306.jpg

got a new sticker to try and deter tailgaters and idiots... seems to be working too! this pic also proves the fli eye is legal and allows the reflectors to work properly, reflecting the flash nicely :)

IMG_2307.jpg

• Like 2

barely noticable, I have mounted it in the unswept top side of the rear screen, just peeking out at an slight angle, a bit of an offside view, it doesn't interfere with the rear view, and the cable is long enought to feed down the side of the seats, and into the centre console, so it doesn't affect any rear seat passengers... took 5 mins :)

• Like 2

Tidy camera install, I've got a sticker too and it helps a lot.

Thanks: and I agree with the sticker, was unsure at first, but its especially good when I have a learner driving, people have suddenly stopped getting aggressive and impatient! :o

being at the the top nearside, its not in a place you want to view in your mirror (the kerb) , you generally look behind and offside, and pointing that way a little too, gets the best view...

I always wanted one of these, I just couldn't believe how cheap they are now! the bloody SD card cost more than the camera! lol...

• Like 1

Thanks: and I agree with the sticker, was unsure at first, but its especially good when I have a learner driving, people have suddenly stopped getting aggressive and impatient! :o

being at the the top nearside, its not in a place you want to view in your mirror (the kerb) , you generally look behind and offside, and pointing that way a little too, gets the best view...

I always wanted one of these, I just couldn't believe how cheap they are now! the bloody SD card cost more than the camera! lol...

I've got a window sticker with the camera but on, amazing how many people back off

havent got any vids without going to fetch the camera, but u can change the quality, and I have it set at 720 and its about the same as the vids from my iphone 3 (front camera) above..... a bit better on exposure though! (better balance of contrast) you can make it better quality :) I got it from miniinthebox

it was this one I bought... I seemed to have gotten a nicer camera than in the pic! lol.... but all the functions are the same, quite small too!

http://www.miniinthebox.com/2-5-inch-tft-lcd-screen-hd720p-270-degree-angle-car-dvr-support-night-vision_p883640.html

I was going for HID's but read some of ants comments, and backed off, just high power bulbs for me, my phillips ones work well!

going on how choppy it can be, think I may bite the bullet and get some bilstiens for next year, and polybush the front at the same time....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All done! Right, this is what the winters USED to look like with the silly octy I offset...

mnf5.jpg

3gts.jpg

this is what they look like now!

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

15mm front spacers with longer bolts........

IMG_2331.jpg

20mm rear spacers that bolt onto the hub, then the wheel bolts on normally :)

IMG_2332.jpg

and a BIG ThankYou to the two members of the forum who sold me the spacers after I posted a "wanted" add up.... lovely place is briskoda :)

tooled up for winter! (its gonna snow on the tops of our fells tonight! :o )

just wondering if I will get away with the spacers still on when the summers go back on ;) going for the "S4 estate" look ;)

Sorry Dave....lol. Ordered some flares off Superskoda last night. Yes I know they are ugly but hopefully they will look better colour coded. Then we should be ready for some new wheels/tyres for next racing season.

Over the last 9 months the estate has improve 5 seconds a lap at Wakefield Park (2.2km circuit)