Indicator problem

My left indicator turns on when I activate my high beams and won't turn off, as a result I can't use my high beam, head light are completely standard, help please!!!!!!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Update: tried electrical contact cleaner spray seems to have had no effect, anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

I had a similar problem sometime ago, opened the stalk housing, cleaned the contacts and the problem was sorted. Now, after a year, it is back intermittently, time to clean them again.

BTW, I doubt a mere spray is going to help at all as there usually is carbon deposit on the contacts and requires "scraping" it off.

I have an indicator stalk from a 56' Octy vRS which works fine if you wanted...

Woo7dy is it the stalk that's definitely the problem? I wanna try cleaning the contacts first, if I get no joy them I'll pm you cheers

Thanks for the replies guys.

hell666 in your experience how easy/hard is it to dismantle the stalk housing? Was looking at it with this in mind but can't find screw holes etc.

Very simple, hope this link helps on how-to

Ok so I've followed the how to guide and cleaned the cruise control assembly, no joy, the problem persists, the problem seems to be where the stalk meets the steering colum, how do I strip that down, I'm certain it's a bad contact in there somewhere

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk now Free

You will have to remove the

Airbag

Steering wheel

Steering column trim

Slip ring / Slip ring & control module depending on Model year

Stalk

I don't think i'm technically minded enough to tackle this so i'm just going back to the garage that sold me the car (I've only had it a month anyway) He can sort it, Thanks for all the help /  insight guys.

Edited by KeithbagVRS

• 2 weeks later...

My mk2 developed a problem where if I indicated right the left one would flash ! As I drive a taxi , I managed a week without using right turn indicator . Now replaced stalk , cost me 36 for new stalk with cruise & 30 to fit . Steering wheel , airbag etc etc all had to come out . Fine now :-)

I've bitten the bullet and purchased a new stalk €50 seems reasonable to put an end to this hassle, I got the car plugged in and the stalk switch is sending the wrong signal to the body control module so it's definitely the stalk causing the problem, I've a guy to fit it as a nixer lined up

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithbagVRS

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Got new stalk fitted but the problem is still there! Any idea how much a new body control module costs? And where is it in the car?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Are you still getting faults logged?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk