Current Delays on New Octavia's- Update

Hi All,

As some of you may have read, I ordered a Citigo and an Octavia on 19th August, both standard spec elegance. Last week the Octavia jumped from week 44 to week 2 without any explanation, I even phoned SUK who asked me to get the retailer to call "retail support". This week I have been in and my week has moved back to 50 (still unconfirmed) but the dealer told me the delays across all Octavia orders is to do with a problem with the catches which release the back seats to fold down from the boot.

They told me that all of the Octavia's on order were showing error against them and that the build weeks will be altered manually from the factory end until the issue is resolved.

Has anyone else found this info out or been told anything different?

My Octavia Elegance due for delivery mid-November was pushed back last week to delivery end of January due to supply issues with the Front Assist

My VRS petrol estate moved from week 42 to 49, but still not confirmed and no reason given. I wish Skoda could hold their hands up and admit the problem instead of fobbing off all it's customers. This will be my first Skoda, and not the best of starts.

My vRS has gone all over the place, started week 46, then week 43, then 48, then week 03 2014 and now has no build date, so it would appear to be a problem UK wide and I'm not a happy bunny...

Too good to be true?

Started off at build week 46 (unconfirmed).

Then the delays kicked in and it was shifted to week 3.

But today I am told build week 44 (unconfirmed).

Is there light at the end of the tunnel or am I being led up the garden path.

VRS TDI DSG

Silver

Dreaded ACC

Kessy

Amundsen sat nav

Colour maxidot

Leather

Winter pack

Power boot

Tow bar

Hi all I have a vrs tdi estate on order, few extras but nothing special, It was ordered on the 16th of September and told it will be it will be delivered week 47/48 so the end of November. My dealer tells me that he sees no issue and expects to deliver on time if not before.

Im starting to wonder if the delays are down to dealer allocation and not SUK. I know dealers are given and agree a allocation to sell, if they over sell they are at the mercy of SUK or other dealers to give them more or part of their allocation.

Some dealers are part of bigger dealership so have more clout and can negotiate harder and of course have bigger allocation.

Lease companies also have a big say in where cars go simply because of their buying power.

I guess there is a chance that if you buy your car from a dealer with a small allocation you could find yourself at the ****ty end of the stick if the big boys flex their muscles and force SUK hand. Not good customer service I'm afraid but the current state of a industry/market that was expecting a poor year due to the global recession and find themselves having a bumper year..

Just my option.

I ordered my VRS TDI (no delaying options) from a 'large' dealership in the Midlands on the 14th September and they originally gave me a delivery date of the end of Jan.  Speaking to them today they said that my order did have an original build date of Week 8. Which would have meant a Feb / Mar delivery.  Now they are saying that the build date has been taken out completely.

They will let me cancel but I will lose my deposit because it was a factory order.

I was really looking forward to this car but this has taken the shine off it a little bit.

I ordered middle of September, was told 12 weeks, and now best part of a month on and its never been allocated any kind of provisional or anything, its just out there in Skoda Space so who knows when and if I get it.

I cant believe the dealer will let you cancel and then you lose the deposit, how can they, Skoda and teh dealer arent fulfilling there part of the deal, they cant/arent supplying you a car within a reasionable time scale, so how can they take yoru deposit for that?!?!?

I ordered middle of September, was told 12 weeks, and now best part of a month on and its never been allocated any kind of provisional or anything, its just out there in Skoda Space so who knows when and if I get it.

I cant believe the dealer will let you cancel and then you lose the deposit, how can they, Skoda and teh dealer arent fulfilling there part of the deal, they cant/arent supplying you a car within a reasionable time scale, so how can they take yoru deposit for that?!?!?

Exactley the same as you, ordered 2nd Sept and still no provisional or fixed build date (octavia estate), at least i havent dissapointed by build week movements.

Similar to above, ordered 28 Sept, no dates given at all not even provisional.

Spoke to my dealer and he said I haven't specced anything that will delay and I should have delivery within 12 weeks of order.

Exactley the same as you, ordered 2nd Sept and still no provisional or fixed build date (octavia estate), at least i havent dissapointed by build week movements.

Off to the dealer on Friday, and feeling a bit frustrated about it at the moment, might see if there are any good deals to be done on the demo's they have as an option maybe?

I ordered my VRS TDI (no delaying options) from a 'large' dealership in the Midlands on the 14th September and they originally gave me a delivery date of the end of Jan.  Speaking to them today they said that my order did have an original build date of Week 8. Which would have meant a Feb / Mar delivery.  Now they are saying that the build date has been taken out completely.

They will let me cancel but I will lose my deposit because it was a factory order.

I was really looking forward to this car but this has taken the shine off it a little bit.

As the car is not built or they can't give you a date of manufacture they should give you your deposit back.... Surely

Like everyone says why couldn't Skoda have tested their kit pre-market instead of this atrocious situation? I ordered my petrol combo vRS with options at the end of July, provisional build in January no more news. Could be front assist our heated front screen on a petrol. Used to love Skoda now very disillusioned

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Dodgy has a point and so do you. Modern cars run can bus protocol. Once all electronic sub components such as motors, abs,ecu,acc, lane assist etc....are added together in the car it is usually software that causes problems for the complete system. Which are usually ironed out on mules or pre production models.

The sub supply of abs (or acc for instance)components undergo development tests with the manufacturer and supplying company - this in turn creates the spec and more importantly tolerances for their supply to VAG group - I know that VW tests batches for tolerance before accepting and fitting to cars.

I think Skoda are short cutting somewhere in this process creating issues downstream in their efforts to push cars thro production - also the human factor -fitting new parts in a new model has to be trained correctly and installed exactly each time.

Feel free to disagree with my opinion (Sorry for it being a bit long) but us automotive production engineers do go on!

Mine with no options should be here in 3 weeks as in UK already. 12 weeks.

Good luck all, repeat after me 'IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT'

• Like 1

As the car is not built or they can't give you a date of manufacture they should give you your deposit back.... Surely

Well I had a lengthy discussion with the dealer manager and I finally got him to admit they were initially in the wrong for not speccing the car correctly.  I admit I should have been more thorough when checking the paperwork but in all the excitement of buying my first warm/hot hatch I got carried away and didn't triple check everything.

He agreed to cancel the order and return my deposit.  I am still looking to buy and was really excited about getting one but the this dealer experience has soured it a little for me and I think I would always have that nagging doubt in the back of mind of will anything else be wrong.

Its strange because my dad bought a Polo from the same francise network and they were brilliant.