Recent experiences from mytyres.co.uk?

gcp

Today I swung by my preferred tyre fitter whom I have always used in the past. He always gives me very competitive quotes and had pretty much matched the price for the Vector 4 Seasons that I had found on the Greek equivalent of mytyres.co.uk when I had enquired a few weeks ago.

After enquiring with the Goodyear distributor for Greece he informed me that the tyres will not be available before mid- November (which I assume to mean end of November in reality). I am therefore entertaining the option of ordering from mytyres, but have a couple of concerns.

1. Delivery times. A quick search on here revealed mixed experiences in the past, with severe delays being mentioned back in 2011, but nothing specific after that. Has anyone had recent experience with them? Not much point in me ordering from them if the tyres arrive at the same time as buying them locally...

2. Tyre age. How old have the tyres bought from mytyres usually been? I would be concerned if I got last year's tyres that have been sitting around in a warehouse, especially as returning them would probably be a nightmare and incur additional costs.

Any feedback would be much appreciated as I would like to order asap!

Delivery times all depend on demand: the ADAC winter tyre test came out a week ago, as a result the prices of winters went up a few quid. Mytyres (delticom or reifendirekt.de as they actually are) usually uses DPD classic to ship stuff, as a result shipping can be quite slow. I've also seen tyres that are in stock take a few days to actually get picked up by the courier. I've found oponeo much better in terms of delivery - the wr d3s were ordered on the Thursday & arrived Monday morning

Not noticed anything fishy about the age of the tyres. Though the cynic in me suspects that if you order from their german website you'll get much newer tyres than off the UK website, even though it all ships from exactly the same shed in Villingen.

Ordered summer tyres earlier in year arrived within 5 days(to west france) recently ordered some all season tyres for a trailer, again here within 5 days, all tyres current year, cannot fault their service!!

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses!

Unfortunately oponeo is not an option as they don't deliver to Greece, whereas the mytyres parent company actually has a local site (www.elastika-online.gr for those interested, though their Greek is clearly a poor automatic translation...).

The above and Camskill are pretty much the only options for online ordering over here, and the latter's shipping charges render it uneconomical in most cases...

At least my fears about tyre age have been alleviated, but still a bit worried about delivery times - especially as I've had some horrible experiences with DPD in the past!

Ordered from them last week, DPD delivered 2 days earlier than scheduled (left a card and re-arranging another delivery date was simples. As far as couriers go, DPD have always been good for me and I've ordered from mytyres 4 times now.

Well, I've bitten the bullet and ordered from them as I really couldn't wait until mid-November. Experience so far has been good, I emailed them as I had a problem with their ordering system (couldn't specify delivery to a tyre fitter instead of my home address) and the problem was resolved and an email response was in my inbox within a couple of hours.

Does anyone remember how long it usually takes from order to confirmation that the tyres have shipped?

Ordered from them last week, DPD delivered 2 days earlier than scheduled (left a card and re-arranging another delivery date was simples. As far as couriers go, DPD have always been good for me and I've ordered from mytyres 4 times now.

To be absolutely fair to DPD, the problems I have had in the past have probably been the fault of their correspondent in Greece, and judging from the feedback on the local mytyres website it looks like there aren't any serious delivery problems with them at present.

I ordered from them in Jan and I think the tyres arrived in 4 days. I called with a query on Monday and got an email back within 20 minutes.

I used Oponeo for my Vector 4Seasons. Came direct from Germany and appeared to be recent stock.

Last time I used mytyres they showed me a local tyre fitter (less than a mile away) then when I ordered for fitting they could only do it at a garage over 20 miles away. I complained and they fobbed me off with some feeble excuse. Think I'd only use them for home delivery, if I was going to use them again.

I'd recommend Oponeo though, quick delivery, competitively priced, good communication and large selection of tyres. Shame they don't deliver to Greece.

Edited by del-gti

• 1 month later...

Ordered 4 x Nokian WR 3D 225/45-17 tyres last Friday and were delivered in 6 days.  Tyres dated this year.

Used www.performancealloys.com to order four Dezent RE wheels (for the above tyres) - ordered on Monday and delivered on Thursday.  Were slightly dearer than elsewhere but free delivery more than made up the difference.

ordered 2 X 225/40/18 for my car from mytyres on the 5th of november, they went missing from the dpd depot 5 days later, had to contact mytyres and they sent some more, got them on the 25th, when the dpd driver delivered them i asked what happened to the last lot, he said it wouldnt surprise him if they "fell of the back of a lorry".

Communications were terrible from mytyres i had to ring twice and email three times to get it sorted.

• 1 month later...

Ordered a set of four winter tyres fitted to steel rims from Mytyres On-line on 26/10/13 received confirmation on 27/10/13 and these were delivered by DPDS Couriers on 30/10/13. Cannot complain about that service considering they were supplied from Germany in 5 days from order.

The tyres were 175/65 R14 Continental Contiwintercontact TS800 directional tread and had a manufactured date of Week 20 Year 13 (W/e 18/05/13) fitted and balanced on steel rims. They were in perfect condition and the tyres had been fitted as Near/side and Off/side sets and use confirmed that they had been well balanced.

Wheel and Tyre £85.50 including fitting and balance = £342 plus £39.60 delivery cost =Total £381.60.

It seems Mytyres service can be patchy but from my experience I have no complaints and would use them again, if the price is competitive. 

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to share my experience of Mytyres. I'm in North Manchester;

Wed 4th June - Ordered 2x Goodyear Efficient Grip 185 55x15 for delivery to a fitter in Bury, Lancashire.

Thu - The tyres arrived at DPD Oldbury, West Midlands

Fri 06:03 - arrived DPD Birlan, Manchester

Fri 23:12 - arrived back in the West Midlands

Mon 01:01-arrived back in Manchester

Mon 22:26-arrived back in the West Midlands

Tue 02:27-arrived DPD Preston

Tue 08:13-Out for Delivery

Just phoned Mtyres to see their reaction. The woman wasn't overly concerned; it happens now and again.

Just wanted to share my experience of Mytyres. I'm in North Manchester;

Wed 4th June - Ordered 2x Goodyear Efficient Grip 185 55x15 for delivery to a fitter in Bury, Lancashire.

Thu - The tyres arrived at DPD Oldbury, West Midlands

Fri 06:03 - arrived DPD Birlan, Manchester

Fri 23:12 - arrived back in the West Midlands

Mon 01:01-arrived back in Manchester

Mon 22:26-arrived back in the West Midlands

Tue 02:27-arrived DPD Preston

Tue 08:13-Out for Delivery

Just phoned Mtyres to see their reaction. The woman wasn't overly concerned; it happens now and again.

Hardly Mytyres fault surely it's DPD you should be questioning.

• 3 weeks later...

DPD are a bunch of Wayne Kerrs AFAIC.

Had one driver nearly run me off the road, reported him, never seen again, as he was removed from driving... Especially as he called me a fecking ignorant white c***.

Another lied when he said he'd been, as I was waiting in all day for the consignment, no one or no DPD vehicle passed my house, reported, him & it seems he lied to depot about his whereabouts.

Another turned up, when I was out, despite being told PM delivery only, had to wait until the following Monday to get it from Gatwick depot, thanks for the 32 miles I had to drive.

The next one gave me a call and asked if he could come early, agreed and delivered in very professional manner  :clap:

Another just didn't bother to wait for me to get to the door & dumped my consignment in the rain. :thumbdown:

So mostly I've had nothing but trouble from DPD & City Link & Hermes (they use pensioners in their cars to do it).

• 1 month later...

As I'm going to be selling one of my cars within the next few months I need to change its off-road tyres to a more conventional pattern.  I ordered a couple of all-season tyres from mytyres with a view to teaming them up to a pair of winters I already have.  Not the best solution I know...

Mytyres sent me a pattern I didn't order, which, although only a few pounds more expensive, were considerably more expensive than from comparative sites.  The manufacturer's website suggested these had all-season properties (e.g. high silica compound), but the pattern didn't suggest the same.

I considered keeping them to fit after/instead of the winter tyres and suggested this to them if they could at least match the lowest competitor pricing.  I got a notice of collection with no apology and it looks like my original tyres are being delivered a week or two later than anticipated.

Not very impressed with their customer service or lack of commercial understanding.

Update: Can't believe this...They collected the incorrect tyres yesterday, and in the last couple of minutes I've just received an email offering me a discount if I keep them.  Roughly half of what I would have saved by buying from Oponeo!

Edited by Jeeves

A new set were delivered today - identical to the last incorrect set. :wall:    Meanwhile I've had an offer of a small discount on my next order with them.  Told them I need to have my original order delivered correctly before we start agreeing future business.  And the cost from Oponeo for the same tyres has dropped in the meantime. ;)