New VRS Headlight washers

Picked her up yesterday, sprint yellow estate DSG TSI...chuffed to bits. One slight problem. When I actuate the headlight washers they dont fully retract back into the bumper ai have to push them back in myself. Is this common and is it easily fixed ??

Picked her up yesterday, sprint yellow estate DSG TSI...chuffed to bits. One slight problem. When I actuate the headlight washers they dont fully retract back into the bumper ai have to push them back in myself. Is this common and is it easily fixed ??

Would love to see some pics!

P

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk

Thanks will look at previous posts... drove it to work this morning and the n/s washer seems to have resolved itself,however, I still need to physically push the drivers side one in. Only talking of half a centimetre if that, so hoping if n/s one is sorted now after a bit more use the drivers side will follow suit.

Of to Alex Lawrie in a minute to see what the problem is...not too much of a drama I hope...will post when I get back home. One week old and taking it back already....well p****d off to say the least !!

Mine does the same but after having it for a week it's not as bad as when I first got it.

Mine has been back in today to get superguard applied,for free :-), and I asked them to have a look. I was told that they have put a report in to skoda and checked the fault list for this problem (nothing about this listed) as I said a lot of people on here have had the same problem.

Said that they'll get back to me.

Right .... left it with them for 3 hours.. went shopping around Liverpool One... Tony Casford sevice dept rings me... all sorted... just required a minor adjustment. Great service from Alex Lawrie Skoda Liverpool.

It was lashing down when me and my missus went back to collect it and Tony drove it round for us right to the door so we wouldnt get wet and even opened the passenger door for my wife. Just the little things hey ????

Anyway headlight washers now working spot on.. happy days.

Right .... left it with them for 3 hours.. went shopping around Liverpool One... Tony Casford sevice dept rings me... all sorted... just required a minor adjustment. Great service from Alex Lawrie Skoda Liverpool.

It was lashing down when me and my missus went back to collect it and Tony drove it round for us right to the door so we wouldnt get wet and even opened the passenger door for my wife. Just the little things hey ????

Anyway headlight washers now working spot on.. happy days.

This is reassuring as i'll be travelling 160 miles to purchase my mkIII from them. So far service and price received from them is top notch, suppose thats why they have been voted No1 uk skoda retailer the last 2 years

This is reassuring as i'll be travelling 160 miles to purchase my mkIII from them. So far service and price received from them is top notch, suppose thats why they have been voted No1 uk skoda retailer the last 2 years

Good to hear positive stories about the dealer.

I am due to travel down from Fife in a few months time.

Everything I have read on here so far seems positive towards them!

Anyways back on topic... glad you got your washers sorted mate :)

• 1 month later...

Picked up mine on Sat 14th Dec and both washer jets stick out about 2mm at the top of the cover but are flush at the bottom. I'm a bit concerned that I am going to lose a cover at some point.

What happens if you push them in?

On my car the passenger side headlight retracts fully while the Other one Sits about 5 mm out i just gently push it back in, i will Keep an eye on it and if it do'snt loosen up over the next Few weeks then i will Pop into my local dealer and get it Sorted

On my car the passenger side headlight retracts fully while the Other one Sits about 5 mm out i just gently push it back in, i will Keep an eye on it and if it do'snt loosen up over the next Few weeks then i will Pop into my local dealer and get it Sorted

One of mine used to sit out 2mm. I left it a week to see if it would sort itself out but it didn't. 10 mins at the dealer all sorted.

Same here - I took it back last week and it was sorted.

Been back today because a switch on the steering wheeel is faulty, they will have to order it in from Europe and fix it when it arrives.

Issues so far:-

1) Roof glasses holder wouldn't close (this was before I'd driven it off the forecourt). Seemed to fix itself by continually trying.

2) Drivers side sunvisor clip (where the visor meets the roof lining) came off - simple click it back into place fixed this.

3) Headlight washers wouldn't retract - went in last week for this.

4) Passengers window wouldn't close - fixed at the same time as the headlight washers.

5) Steeringwheel switch is now faulty

6) Autoglym Lifeshine needed reapplying as it wasn't done properly the first time.

Not too bad for 3 weeks old tomorrow.

Am still happy with the vehicle and the service received from the dealership

Same here - I took it back last week and it was sorted.

Been back today because a switch on the steering wheeel is faulty, they will have to order it in from Europe and fix it when it arrives.

Issues so far:-

1) Roof glasses holder wouldn't close (this was before I'd driven it off the forecourt). Seemed to fix itself by continually trying.

2) Drivers side sunvisor clip (where the visor meets the roof lining) came off - simple click it back into place fixed this.

3) Headlight washers wouldn't retract - went in last week for this.

4) Passengers window wouldn't close - fixed at the same time as the headlight washers.

5) Steeringwheel switch is now faulty

6) Autoglym Lifeshine needed reapplying as it wasn't done properly the first time.

Not too bad for 3 weeks old tomorrow.

Am still happy with the vehicle and the service received from the dealership

How did you know the Autoglym wasn't done properly mate? I'm slowly going off the idea with having it done to mine the it arrives.

little lad spilt some water in the back and it soaked right into the seat.

Also - the dogs were breathing on the back windows in the estate and I noticed the circle where the factory stickers were affixed. on both sides.

It looked like part of a clock, a circle with 5 lines going from the middle to the outside, but only between 3 and 6 oclock, if you know what I mean.. This was the same on both sides of the car.

• Like 1

Also - the dogs were breathing on the back windows in the estate and I noticed the circle where the factory stickers were affixed. on both sides.

It looked like part of a clock, a circle with 5 lines going from the middle to the outside, but only between 3 and 6 oclock, if you know what I mean.. This was the same on both sides of the car.

That'll be from a silicone suction cup used to life the glass, the marks are a night are to clean off.

little lad spilt some water in the back and it soaked right into the seat.

Did you pay for the treatment? Bit of a kick in the teeth if it wasn't done properly as it an expensive addition. I've been looking on some car detailing forums and some options I've got when I get mine. To be honest I'd rather get some autoglym type products and do it my self or pay a professional to do it for me.

How did you know the Autoglym wasn't done properly mate? I'm slowly going off the idea with having it done to mine the it arrives.

Yes, please do share. I have the AG Lifeshine applied too and whilst it appears to be doing its job, I'll admit I don't really know what to look for if I didn't.

• Like 1