value of a fabia vrs tdi

hello everyone 

my brother is looking at getting a mk1 fabia vrs tdi in black the condition inside and out is stunning it has done 58k full service history had a cambelt done 2 years ago

The only problem is that i feel it is alot of money he wants 5k for a 54reg?

could you give me your opinion on it 

sorry i forgot to say its a trader selling it

thanks 

craig

They do seem to hold their value well, especially lower mileage ones. They are a sought after car with fuel prices these days, sporty yet cheap to run/maintain.

I'd test drive a few though to get a feel for the car if he hasn't already. When I was looking I test drove 4 examples and 2 of them that I thought drove OK just felt a bit of a let down compared to the other 2... but had I not test driven a few examples I'd have probably bought the first one as I had nothing to compare it against. Incidentally that was also the one with the lowest mileage and full service history strangely!

The one I ended up buying had 20k more on the clock but drove a lot better in terms of handling feel and the way it pulled (All were standard).

Fantastic car for the money though and generally feels solid, yeah they have their niggles/faults in places (what car doesn't) but overall I'm very impressed with mine.

I paid 5k for mine last year 05 reg 78k heated seats, cruise control and 6cd changer. That's a good price I'd say. Their prices have really dropped over the last year because all the chavs are buying them so they can get it remapped and put crappy Coilovers on them. Can pick one up for around 2.5k !

It's got such a low mileage it'll be worth it, especially from a dealer. either get some more money together or look for a cheaper one with more miles. Dont be put off by mileage either as long as the clutch feels good and the turbo isnt making any strange noises it'll be fine. Mine was on 135k when i sold it and it felt awesome to drive even with knocky drop links needing done.
Was the water pump done with the cam belt? important if it hasn't! they like to fail without warning.

Guest BigJase88

I bought my first one in 07 right before the credit crunch!

I got it at an exceptionally good price!

Within 6months the prices had plummeted and i lost a bag load almost overnight! Since then the prices have somewhat flatlined

Mine was £11.5K and bought it in Dec 2006. Yes thats some 7 yrs ago

£5k for a 54k ! Almost 9 year old car. Dear Mr Dealer Sir will you kindly do one :rofl:

I wouldn't trade that "low mileage" 54 plate for my 56 "high mileage" but meticulously maintained 107K miles mate ! No way :rofl:  Nowt as odd as folk :giggle:

Even perfect its only worth £3.9k .... private as mentioned £2.5k is about the average

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/index.jsp?guide=prices&page=used_cars&no=3&make=Skoda&model=Fabia+%282000-07%29&vip=12700&yearplate=2004%2F54&mileage=58&x=53&y=6

Interesting that despite the high mileage falacy, mines still worth more

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/index.jsp?guide=prices&page=used_cars&no=3&make=Skoda&model=Fabia+%282000-07%29&vip=12700&yearplate=2006%2F56&mileage=107&x=29&y=11

and I wouldn't even sell it to any of you. More value in a single owner car, where you know precisely everything you have, or not, gone wrong with it than a second hand lemon.

Seriously tho, buy a private, risk the warranty, and buy one for half the price mate.

Edited by dominorising

Can I ask; why a vRS? Why not a FL MkI Elegance PD100, and spend what you save on some 'bits' :)

Have a search for mattvrestate's <sp? pics :yes:

Want bits? Search Polo 9n or 9n3 or MkIV Ibiza (I think.)

Get a cheap good one, and bolt some things on :yes:

Depending on condition etc, trade-in price around £1800 with forecourt selling price around £3000.

The last batch were the Limited Edition Fabia VRS and seems to attract a higher price for the few extra's it has over the standard Fabia VRS..

i give £2700 for mine 6 months ago

totally standard 80k fsh 13 stamps and 10 of those were skoda main dealer stamps

5k is way too much i sold my golf gt tsi and downgraded to the fabia cause i didnt want a high amount of money in a car i only use at weekends

I payed £5400 for my 04 standard 38000miler 2years ago. But took ages to find the right one. Plenty of wrong ones knocking around then when you buy one plenty seem to crop up at amazing prices. Dont forget pistonheads:)

Guest BigJase88

i give £2700 for mine 6 months ago

totally standard 80k fsh 13 stamps and 10 of those were skoda main dealer stamps

5k is way too much i sold my golf gt tsi and downgraded to the fabia cause i didnt want a high amount of money in a car i only use at weekends

13 stamps? At 80k?

Clocked aye?